Help, Support and Suggestions

how do you make an index page?
Kristen Gudsnuk at 1:09AM, Oct. 5, 2006
(online)
I know, I know, this is probably the dumbest question ever. But I can't seem to find any place to make an index page. Why doesn't this site have an FAQ? or if it does, where is itttt?
so I guess I just need to know how to make an index page for my comic. ^_^'thanks!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
skoolmunkee at 11:57PM, Oct. 5, 2006
(online)
Kristen Gudsnuk
I know, I know, this is probably the dumbest question ever. But I can't seem to find any place to make an index page. Why doesn't this site have an FAQ? or if it does, where is itttt?
so I guess I just need to know how to make an index page for my comic. ^_^'thanks!!!

There isn't an FAQ because we had one but now it's obsolete. :) Also there are tons of helpful topics in the Help and Coding Help forums. (Hopefully more “official” types of help things will be on the way.)

The first question is, I'm not sure what you mean by “index page” - all the comics have an index page already, it's the first one you see when you click on a comic account. Do you mean that you want to edit it and make it look prettier? Then you want to “edit your template”. If you want to make a portal or introduction page, then you want to use the homepage feature… more on that in a sec.

Right now I'm going to point you at the Coding Help and Templates forum: http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_category.php?cid=231&. I think the one you want to look at first is the How to change your template one… which is a pretty basic intro.

The key to changing your template is knowing HTML. You can create almost anything you want and upload it to DD for your template, as long as you include the requred DD tags (more on the tags here: tags needed for templates. You don't have to use ALL the tags listed on that page, but I think the first post tells you which ones you have to use.

The trick to the DD tags is that they're a little bit of code that, when uploaded to DD, tells DD to do specific things. PAGE tells DD to put your comic page there. Etc. So when designing the page in HTML, put those tags in place of the things they'll be “activating”.

I'm not really prepared to write a whole tutorial for editing your index page right now… mostly because that involves mucking about with HTML and things, for which there are loads of resources all over the place already.

You might want to create a temporary account and upload some ‘dummy’ pages while you mess around with getting your template perfect, then delete the extra account when you're done.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:39PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved