Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

How do you...?
Gwenieviere at 5:34AM, Nov. 6, 2009
(offline)
…Well I don't have a scanner at the moment, and I want to continue with my comics that are handdrawn in paintNET on the computer but I'm starting to lose my motivation. What usually gets you going when you're losing hope in your comic or just starting to dislike your storyline? I feel like I should just delete it at this point seeing all the other great comics out there OwO *headdesk*
~*None of you understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME*~
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
Hunchdebunch at 6:50AM, Nov. 6, 2009
(online)
Maybe you should try and work out why you feel like stopping it, why you feel others are better, and try and fix that in future pages. Or if it's to do with the storyline, try adding a twist or something. Hope this helps :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
Disgruntledrm at 10:53AM, Nov. 6, 2009
(online)
I trash the script and re-write the rest in a different direction. If that doesn't work, I keep re-writing it until I'm happy with the results.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
Daiconv at 11:35AM, Nov. 6, 2009
(online)
Well, how far in are you? Are you at the point where you have done so much backstory that starting over would be counter productive. If you are still early in the story, then by all means rework it, start from scratch, or even work on something else for a while.

I think sometimes as creators, there are certain things that we enjoy drawing but we sometimes exclude those things in favor of the story. If you hate drawing cars, and your story requires a 4 car chase scene, that's going to be hell getting through those pages. The best you can hope aside from changing it completely is to insert something into that scene that you enjoy, even if it's not in the script. Because it shows if you're not having fun anymore, and if you're not having fun, then how are your readers going to have fun?
without buttcheecks, it's just a hole.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:03PM
Gwenieviere at 12:23PM, Nov. 6, 2009
(offline)
I've basically just started it so I don't have that much done on it yet so I could technically start it over. Which I might do, I have so many ideas atm *laughs*

@ Daiconv :: You are right about that, I should be having fun with it, lol. I think I'll try out a few things and see where it goes :3

@ Hunchdebunch :: I think I am just frustrated with having no scanner to be honest. I am probably going to change the story around a bit :3

@ Disgruntledrm :: Thank you for your input~ :3
~*None of you understand. I'm not locked in here with you. You're locked in here with ME*~
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:40PM
flyingwind66 at 5:13PM, Nov. 20, 2009
(offline)
I uh… just stop working on it… I lose inspiration then I go on hiatus… you aren't doing anyone favours if you aren't 100%…

Actually I just re-started my whole comic. In the end I like to draw a lot of pages while I'm ‘inspired’ then I can be at least a couple weeks ahead. Hard part is keeping the pages offline when they are completed XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved