Tips and Tricks/Support *

How does a comic get featured?
meemjar at 5:33PM, Oct. 19, 2010
(offline)
OK a few questions of my own about getting featured:

1: If a person has four seperate comics in his account and one is a Fanzine and one is ADULTS only but both are dormant and the comic he wants featured is both his creation and rated teen+, must he delete the other two before his desired book is eligible?

2: Concerning copyrights. What if the said desired comic has been copyrighted by the owner (he actually has the legal right to stamp ‘TM’ on his work, which he does) is that a handicap?

3: What if out of 400+ pages of this desired book, he has about 35 pages consisting of fan arts and fillers? Would he have to eliminate them?

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:58PM
Ozoneocean at 4:31AM, Oct. 20, 2010
(online)
meemjar
1: If a person has four seperate comics in his account and one is a Fanzine and one is ADULTS only but both are dormant and the comic he wants featured is both his creation and rated teen+, must he delete the other two before his desired book is eligible?
Hell no!
We don't care how many fancomics, sprite comics, adult comics or whatever people have going- dormant or current, it's irrelevant.
That won't stop you being featured.

meemjar
2: Concerning copyrights. What if the said desired comic has been copyrighted by the owner (he actually has the legal right to stamp ‘TM’ on his work, which he does) is that a handicap?
It doesn't matter one little bit. Wouldn't prevent a feature.

meemjar
3: What if out of 400+ pages of this desired book, he has about 35 pages consisting of fan arts and fillers? Would he have to eliminate them?
Again, this does not matter.
There was one comic that I really liked the look of but couldn't featured because it was about 50% filler and fan art. That sort of proportion is way too high. But you're talking about less than 10%.

With long comics though, it's a bit harder to do features with them because it means we have to spend ages and ages reading through them just to get a sense of the story as well as make sure there are no hidden nasties in there that will embarrasses the site.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
FormerDDer at 10:08PM, March 17, 2011
(offline)
Interesting topic. I always wondered how comics got featured.

So in a nutshell, if it's something the DD staff is proud to have on the site, it'll eventually get featured? Assuming it updates regularly and has a moderate fan following etc?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
Ozoneocean at 1:55AM, March 18, 2011
(online)
NickyP
Interesting topic. I always wondered how comics got featured.
Listen to Quackcast 18 http://podcast.drunkduck.com/ to get some more insight :)

NickyP
So in a nutshell, if it's something the DD staff is proud to have on the site, it'll eventually get featured? Assuming it updates regularly and has a moderate fan following etc?
Yes, apart from the “fan following” thing. Comics don't need fans or even any readers at all to qualify.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:37PM
CornTown at 11:19AM, April 15, 2011
(online)
I have a few (two) question. If you use your DrunkDuck site as a mirror to your regular comic's site, can you still be featured?

If yes, but you only have about half of your archive on the Drunk Duck site, does only the DD content count?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:46AM
skoolmunkee at 12:19PM, April 15, 2011
(offline)
1. Yep!

2. Just the stuff on Drunk Duck, though we will usually let people know there's a main site with more stuff, if we know about it.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:44PM
JediAnn Solo at 10:55AM, Dec. 13, 2012
(offline)
Hello! So, I can't help but ask–
I seem to remember when a fancomic about Shin Megami Tensei (Persona) was featured on the site. Didn't that go against the “no copyrights” rule? Or maybe there was something I missed that let it go through. I'm just curious to know.
ringmvn at 8:00PM, March 23, 2018
(offline)
I SERIOUY NEED SOME FEEDBACK ON MY COMIC. ITS MORE THAN 15 PAGES AND. JUST WONDERING IF IT GRABS ANYONES ATTENTION. ANOYONE IS FREE TO GIVE IT A SHOT!!
Ozoneocean at 8:07PM, March 25, 2018
(online)
ringmvn wrote:
I SERIOUY NEED SOME FEEDBACK ON MY COMIC. ITS MORE THAN 15 PAGES AND. JUST WONDERING IF IT GRABS ANYONES ATTENTION. ANOYONE IS FREE TO GIVE IT A SHOT!!
Post here: http://www.theduckwebcomics.com/forum/9900/ :)
mindcat at 9:23AM, Aug. 27, 2018
(offline)
Okay wait, I'm confused. Some of the featured posts say to PQ if you want a feature of your own. I thought it was something someone had to request?
Tantz_Aerine at 10:29AM, Aug. 28, 2018
(online)
mindcat wrote:
Okay wait, I'm confused. Some of the featured posts say to PQ if you want a feature of your own. I thought it was something someone had to request?

You're supposed to PQ me to tell me you want a Twitter Feature- that's a different thing than the front page features :D
mindcat at 9:47PM, Aug. 30, 2018
(offline)
Tantz_Aerine wrote:
mindcat wrote:

You're supposed to PQ me to tell me you want a Twitter Feature- that's a different thing than the front page features :D

OH!
rickrudge at 8:10PM, Nov. 22, 2020
(offline)
Thank you, skoolmunkee for explaining the whole process of choosing a “Featured Comics!”. Even “Top Ten” and “Quail’s Random” is fine with me.

It would be really nice if there was a way of continuing on with the “Latest Updates” like you guys do with the “Featured Comics!” arrow buttons, so that you can view comics posted earlier that day easily. You don’t have to have all of the days postings on the front page, like Tapas, or Deviant Art. But, it would be nice if you could make them accessible like the extra “Featured Comics!” with your arrow buttons. Many of the other web posting sites have these, like ComicFury or Smack Jeeves, etc.

Other than that I love the Drunk Duck Webcomics site and how you’re able to work with how I post my comics. Thank you guys for all of your work.

— Rick
Ozoneocean at 8:45PM, Nov. 22, 2020
(online)
rickrudge wrote:
It would be really nice if there was a way of continuing on with the “Latest Updates” like you guys do with the “Featured Comics!” arrow buttons, so that you can view comics posted earlier that day easily. You don’t have to have all of the days postings on the front page, like Tapas, or Deviant Art. But, it would be nice if you could make them accessible like the extra “Featured Comics!” with your arrow buttons. Many of the other web posting sites have these, like ComicFury or Smack Jeeves, etc.

Yeah, I'd like us to go back to that. Obviously we had it before those sites, but changed it… it was an oversight actually.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon