Help, Support and Suggestions

How does your comic become a featured comic?
emjee at 2:55PM, Nov. 3, 2006
(online)
It's a question that's been bugging me for sometime now. How does a comic get to be featured? Is it random? Or Do you send something to Management?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:21PM
ozoneocean at 4:39PM, Nov. 3, 2006
(online)
I think there was a thread somewhere, where people could suggest comics…
Anyway, the other way is for mods to look through comics and suggest some good ones, and then an Admin pics the comic to be featured.

It's an interesting feature overall… But there are SO many comics on DD now, it'll be hard to catch someone's eye. Even out of all the comics mods suggest I'm sure only a few of those will get featured. But you may get lucky. ;)

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:24PM
skoolmunkee at 12:23PM, Nov. 4, 2006
(online)
That thread was here. :) http://www.drunkduck.com/community/view_topic.php?tid=23458&cid=227

I don't think there's a public thread to suggest featured comics. There are other threads around where users tell each other their favorite comics, and I admit to looking at those pretty often. :) There may be a public one eventually. I'm not sure what the opinion is on an open thread to submit comics… I suspect a lot of the things suggested will actually be terrible comics that someone just wants to try and pimp themselves and think ‘well it’s worth a shot' … (Then again terrible comics are easy to spot right away.) I also would hope that a thread like that wouldn't become someplace where pressure would be put on admins to make some comic featured or not. :s We don't always want to have to explain why a comic is featured or not, and a public suggestion thread that kind of thing may start to be expected. It's something to consider I suppose. :)
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:39PM
Dynamic at 10:37PM, Nov. 5, 2006
(offline)
gee… I know it's been stated before but to keep repeat questions there really needs to be a search for the forums.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:18PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved