Comic Talk and General Discussion *

How has the recession affected YOU (or someone you know)?
kyupol at 6:09PM, Jan. 15, 2009
(online)

I seem to have my lucky stars these days. I got 2 interviews lined up next week. :)

But God knows what could happen. What if in the end its gonna be like this in the place that interviews me:

“You know, I think he's ok but… I don't think we're gonna have enough profits this year to afford to hire somebody. So maybe we'll not hire him then. As the economy sucks.”

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
imshard at 11:02PM, Jan. 15, 2009
(offline)
I'm happily employed and my company is still selling plenty of computers and gadgets. I AM concerned about losing my position since call centers, (especially tech support), are one of the first things to get the axe.

My 401k took a dump, and I had to eat through my security blanket and nest egg over the last two weeks. (somebody thought it'd be fun to pull a hit and run on my car). Between the new car, and other new bills I'm feeling pretty earnest right now.

I'll be okay though, the job market in OKC is actually very good right now even if I do lose my job, and my credentials bring regular job offers even when I'm not looking. :)
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:58PM
Mushroomcomix at 5:14PM, Jan. 16, 2009
(online)
At my work they laid off over half of their employees the day after Christmas including me, and I can't seem to find another job that will pay me a living wage so I am sucking Unemployment for a little while and living off of student aid. They have had the same five jobs listed here for about two weeks now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
seventy2 at 11:24AM, Jan. 18, 2009
(online)
thanks to joe the plumbers towing company price increase i'm about to be royall screwed in the anal orafice.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
Aurora Borealis at 11:41AM, Jan. 18, 2009
(online)
Ok, with a bit of delay, but we're hit now too and it's just starting. I tend to work short-term jobs and suddenly I can't find any that I could qualify for (mostly they either require driver's license and a car OR 2 years experience in something I never did before… obviously got neither :P ). A factory where I was going to get a job recently stopped hiring and they left their second production hall unfinished, and rather than hire new workers, they started kicking out people.

A friend of mine is most likely on the short list of people to get fired at his company. Why on the short list? Simple, they already kicked out a whole bunch of people and it seems they'll keep only those who have long term contracts with them already. He's only for half year which is about to end in a month or so, so most likely they won't extend it.

Other than that everything seems fine and food hasn't jumped much in price, not yet anyway.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Nersop at 12:05PM, Jan. 18, 2009
(offline)
I've been finding it insanely hard to find a job… and I currently am stuck living with my parents, and they seem to not believe that the economy is suffering and that it's 100% my fault that I haven't found a job… meaning I'll most likely be kicked out on the street soon because my step-father is a gigantic douche.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:12PM
Ozoneocean at 5:44AM, Jan. 19, 2009
(online)
seventy2
thanks to joe the plumbers towing company price increase i'm about to be royall screwed in the anal orafice.
There are better ways to get the money to pay for things man, I don't care how bad the economy is! Seventy2 a rent boy… I would never have imagined. :(

lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon