Fightsplosion!

How it works
Rengishi at 6:54PM, April 28, 2009
(online)
I would like to play but I need instructions ANYONE CARE TO HELP?
PSN account: OrangeDJ1
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM
Toadman at 4:54AM, April 29, 2009
(offline)
This tournament's already underway, but you can hang around and wait for the enxt one if you want.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:31PM
Nako at 3:17AM, May 6, 2009
(online)
Weee! An interested person! Bring out the confetti and everything!

*confetti pops outta nowhere*

Well, anyway, like Toadman said, you can't join yet since Fightsplosion 4 has already started and is near to ending the first round. But we look forward to your participation in Fightsplosion 5.

Of course, you want to know stuff so you can be prepared, right? I'm still pretty new to this myself and I haven't participated in solo fights (meaning it's my first time participating in Fightsplosion in general because this is the first one with tag team goodness)…but I'll try my best to explain.

**What is it?**

This is a fighting tournament between characters created by the different Drunkduck users, brought to life through comic pages with lots of action and laughs. At least, that's how I would describe it.

**Signing Up**

The thread for this comes up some time before the current Fightsplosion ends. Just say you're joining, show them who your character is, and that's it. There's a limit to the number of people/teams and it won't go on forever even if there are not many people joining, so sign up before you run out of slots or the signing up is closed because of lack of people for a long time.

If it's going to be tag team again in the next Fightsplosion, you have to have a partner already before you sign up your team. There's probably going to be a partner thread, so post there first and look for a partner. (Yes, by saying this I am also saying you can't have two characters of yours as a team. It has to be someone else's.)

**Characters**

As for characters, you are not limited to characters from your comics (I think, but I used one…). You can pretty much enter anyone as long as he/she/it's not too overpowering, not a sprite, and is yours to begin with. Make sure you include the following details:

- name of the character
- a picture of the character
- abilities, weaknesses, and quirks (if any)
- short bio or description of his/her/its personality (whatever…)

I would suggest you enter someone who is battle capable and at the same time amusing.

There might be something I missed, so you can just check out some of the sign-up threads for more reference.

**Pre-lineup announcement**

Yeah, you've finally signed up and you're itching to battle! But what to do before the lineup is announced?

Draw!

Well, at least that's what the drawing practice thread is for. You can't expect to draw a fight scene without your opponent in it, can you? Let's face it, you don't wanna look cheap in front of the others with your hidden opponent panels. I myself want to see how other people will draw my character. (Think of it as fanart without the “fans” needing to be fans. =^_^=) So you should take some time to figure out how to draw other people's characters in your style.

**Fight!**

Finally, the lineup is announced and the fight threads are put up. Now's your time to shine! (or if you're on standby, it's your time to wait…)

Just go to the thread you're supposed to be fighting in and there you'll see/read what kind of arena you and your opponent will be putting your characters in and who'll post pages first. If the moderator is kind enough, he/she will include the rules, including some do's and don'ts, how many days you have to post your pages, how many pages you can post in a turn, etc. If not, then there will probably be a rules thread that will pop up somewhere…or something like that. If there is no such thing…you can just ask the Fightsplosion moderator. =^_^=

Usually, fights go like this:

- person/team 1 intro page/s
- person/team 2 intro page/s
- person/team 1 fight page/s
- person/team 2 fight page/s
- person/team 1 fight page/s
- person/team 2 fight page/s
- *voting*
- victory pages of whoever won

Yeah, as you can see, the victor is usually decided by vote. USUALLY. Sometimes there are people/teams who drop out and stuff and so there are people/teams who win by default.

In the past, votes were PQed to ThatGuy. Now it's replaced by HaiGuy. Put the names of the two fighting characters/teams in the subject and put the name of the person/team you want to vote for in the message itself.

I do hope this helped even for a bit… I'm pretty much scatterbrained as it is, so I might have forgotten some stuff. If you really want to, you can just “watch” the ongoing Fightsplosion, or you can view the previous Fightsplosions in their respective threads or in Fightsplosion Legends, or even ask the Fightsplosion veterans about stuff. That might help you more than this will.
Nya!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
Toadman at 3:40PM, May 6, 2009
(offline)
Oh, and there's always Support Comics…if any of those still live. They never really get done…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:31PM
Glarg at 2:23PM, May 7, 2009
(offline)
Also, sprites aren't allowed.

JUST SO YA KNOW, KAY?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:37PM
spkdpnch at 5:12PM, Dec. 11, 2009
(online)
ah, this is what I was looking for. Now I'll read it over to be ready at some point next time or the next after. ;) who knows
www.castleart.org *if I ever get it up to date, I'll be suprised*
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:54PM
Byth1 at 7:23PM, Jan. 18, 2010
(online)
Awesome! When is Fightsplosion 6 start?
Updated every friday!
Updated every monday!
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:35AM
Nako at 11:31PM, Jan. 18, 2010
(online)
Byth1
Awesome! When is Fightsplosion 6 start?
Uh, either when Fightsplosion 5 is completely over or near over. =^_^=
Nya!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
r3v3rend at 10:44PM, Jan. 25, 2010
(offline)
I love art fights! I look forward eagerly to #6.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
13mungoman13 at 12:57AM, March 14, 2010
(online)
Ah, I'm already itching to enter my character. I think it'd fit quite well >:3
Bacon is awesome. Some people don't like bacon.
Me don't likes people who doesn't like bacon.
Peoples must die.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:44AM
skatch at 8:40AM, Oct. 7, 2010
(online)
Must…create….character….before…next…fightsplosion!
Man I hope I get picked :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:38PM
BlkKnight at 5:10PM, Oct. 7, 2010
(online)
That…really wasn't worth necroposting.

But good luck.
That's “Dr. BlkKnight” to all of you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:26AM
I Am The 1337 Master at 6:36PM, Oct. 8, 2010
(offline)
If I miss Fightsplosion 6 sign ups I think I'm just going to explode.

This takes SO LONG.

BUt I've made that point on every forum.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:54PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved