Comic Talk and General Discussion *

How many times have you ever got sick in winter?
Aurora Moon at 3:17PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
For me, winter seems to be the worst season for me… as seeing I get sick easily.

I just caught the flu today, and it hit me pretty hard too. This morning I could hardly think straight. and that was just without the meds, and now I can barely fuction on the meds now.

And to make this day worse, I was looking all over for the papers that I had drawn on the last days to make the comic page for endless dream… and I couldn't find them!
So there's that possblity that I might have to REDO the whole damn thing again.

Ah well. How much do you get sick in winter?
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
kyupol at 3:30PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
Im sick today but i still decided to go to work and try to be a hero. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:25PM
Ozoneocean at 4:04PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
My winter comes before yours. I've already had it.

I don't usually ever get sick during winter, but this year I did, I was sicker than I've been for ages. Really horribly, deathly, nastily sick and bed ridden. It's not the season that's to blame though, it's other people; sickly, unhealthy people who DON'T stay home when they're ill and contagious!!! Or even worse: those bastards who are just carriers, who don't seem to be sick at all but are carrying and spreading the damn stuff to all us normal people T_T

If you are sick, PLEASE stay home and get over it! Don't go out and spread it, you are a BAD person of you do. BAD! :P

If it's just hay fever, do whatever you like, that's not catching so it doesn't really matter ^_^
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:29PM
Steely Gaze at 4:07PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
I don't usually get sick during the winter months. Ofttimes it's during fall, when things are just beginning to cool down, or spring, when things are just beginning to warm up, when I get ill. Still, like Ozoneocean said, it's not the season it's the people.
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:57PM
Aurora Moon at 4:13PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
ozoneocean
It's not the season that's to blame though, it's other people; sickly, unhealthy people who DON'T stay home when they're ill and contagious!!!
If you are sick, PLEASE stay home and get over it! Don't go out and spread it, you are a BAD person of you do. BAD! :P

Tell that to my dad who had the nerve to stay over the night at my apartment last week with the flu. He should had gone home to HIS HOUSE… but noo…..

My parents seems to be loving staying the night over at my home lately…to the point of pratically living here.

even though there's no room for three people.. My apartment is a one-bedroom apartment. also only has one bathroom.
So it can get cramped fast.

Never mind the fact that they live in a nice house with tons of room to move around and sleep in, they're all like: “Let's go over to Aurora's one-bedroom, cramped apartment and stay over the night for weeks on end! Wheee!!”

It can get really OLD fast….of course they give me the reason that my apartment is simply closer to the places they work at, and they need to get to thier jobs or whatever on time. Never mind that they could had tried to bargain with thier boss to set a more reasonable time for them to be able to arrive at thier work from thier house on time.

It's also the reason why I haven't been updating much lately…They seem to love interrupting me when I'm even trying to do any work.

Anyway… getting back on topic!!

It seems to be the snow and the cilimate that can easily mess up my body most of the time than people. like last year's winter, I came down with a really nasty cold (worst than what I'm feeling right now)… and nobody I came into contact with was even sick!
And they didn't seem to be carrying the bug, as seeing they had flu shots.
All I had to do was just go out walking in the snow for an hour (going to the libary, and then the walk back home)….and then BAM!! I had a fever like you wouldn't believe. My nose was also pratically gushing like an river.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Chernobog at 4:29PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
I used to catch a cold at the tail end of winter going into spring, but that hasn't happened with ages.
I'm currently running on five years now without any illnesses whatsoever. Knock on wood.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Memmy at 5:50PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(offline)
I think it spreads out evenly throughout the season for me. I always have blurry memories of getting sick because its kind of regular. Migraine, vertigo, senstive tummy… but if you mean viral. Those rarely happens, but its hard to tell when I have a cold or allergries.

The only time I do get sick regularly and get bad cold is when I'm traveling for Christmas. :( Traveling is eevil… fun, but eeevil.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:59PM
crazyninny at 6:25PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
I get sick more when the seasons change. I wasn't feeling all that great when winter began. ;_; But I stable out more when the season stables also.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
Nicotine at 10:19PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
I get sick more in the Spring and Fall for some reason. I'm hardly ever sick in the Winter…maybe because I live in Southern Texas and it doesn't get much lower than 40 here during the Winter.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
usedbooks at 11:29PM, Dec. 17, 2007
(online)
Nicotine
I get sick more in the Spring and Fall for some reason. I'm hardly ever sick in the Winter…maybe because I live in Southern Texas and it doesn't get much lower than 40 here during the Winter.
I get sick in spring and fall too. There are two good explanation for that. Changing temperatures cause stress and weaken the immune system. I also ride the bus more often in spring and fall because there are days off in winter and summer, when I can stay in my room and not come in contact with sick people. (Common sense: more people = more germs.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
Frostflowers at 3:10AM, Dec. 18, 2007
(online)
Spring is the worst time for me - I suffer slight seasonal allergies - but I've just gotten over a rather nasty cold. I always get colds in the winter, and I hate them with a passion - the blocked nose means I can't breathe properly, which means I can't actually do anything, which means I can't draw my comic, which means I fall behind and, and, and -

- and I'm better now. Promise.
The Continued Misadventures of Bonebird - a poor bird's quest for the ever-elusive and delicious apples.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
lastcall at 3:57AM, Dec. 18, 2007
(offline)
I just get depressed in the winter. I think it's called "cabin fever?" I hear it's common.

I don't really get sick with the flu or anything; I always get a flu shot every year, and take a vitamin C pill daily. It seems to do the trick.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Custard Trout at 9:36AM, Dec. 18, 2007
(offline)
I don't get sick. Ever.

Pansies.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
usedbooks at 11:27AM, Dec. 18, 2007
(online)
lastcall
I just get depressed in the winter. I think it's called "cabin fever?" I hear it's common.
There's also something called seasonal affective disorder, caused by the reduced daylight.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
crazyninny at 12:53PM, Dec. 18, 2007
(online)
Nicotine

Same here, I think it has to do with the temp.s changing or something like that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
flyingwind66 at 11:51AM, Dec. 19, 2007
(offline)
I get sick every year during winter. One year, I got sick TWICE… and then last year, I didn't get sick at all! XD but then I got sick after winter at the beginning of spring >.> not sick this year yet XD here's hoping *crosses fingers >.<

winter reminds me of playing video games with my sister more than ever.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:30PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon