Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

How much coffee is too much coffee?
Ryan_Scott at 10:57PM, Oct. 6, 2008
(online)
Oh hey… Uuuhh… how the hell do I introduce myself? My name is Ryan and I'm a Quipaholic.
I'm finally having a crack at this webcomic lark after freaking years of coming up with ideas, designing characters, writing snips of dialogue and exhaustive analysis of the Fart Joke!!!
I'm a Kiwi but don't hold that against me… the spelling and grammar may be a little different but fart jokes hold true in any language I'm sure.

Anyway this little lazy superhero guy has been swimming around in my head since I was at art school almost 10 years ago, so he's finally landed here.

Check it out and feel free to critique the crap out of me.

http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Anti_Adventures_of_Slackman/

Who said a fine art degree was a waste of time!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:15PM
Steely Gaze at 12:24PM, Oct. 7, 2008
(offline)
Welcome! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself in this little haven of insanity. If you find you need help, check out our Help! How Do I…? sub-forum for site related stuff, and our Coding Help & Templates for any coding related troubles you encounter.

Otherwise, just remember to have fun! :)
A Roll of the Dice now with full-size pages!

John Clyde now with ten times the tacky Hawaiian shirts!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:58PM
Renga Studio at 1:58PM, Oct. 7, 2008
(online)
Hi, Ryan_Scott! Welcome to DrunkDuck! :) The humor in a fart joke usually comes from the audible sound made by the flatulence that it resulted from, but since you're an expert on fart jokes, maybe you're able to make them funny in comic form! Speaking of farts, we, the DD Welcome Wagon, have just called off the search for Custard Trout, on account of the fact that he's still lurking about. :neenjah: Well, have fun making comics here, Ryan_Scott, and enjoy the weather! ;)
Renga: How are you everyone !!
Renga: All your weather are control by me.
Renga: I has a weather machine.
DrunkDuck: What you say !!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:04PM
amanda at 3:16PM, Oct. 7, 2008
(online)
'ello there Ryan! Welcome to the Duck - things have definitely quieted down as Renga mentioned - our resident grumpy Trout has returned of his own accord (instead of us having to drag him forcefully by the fins, which would have happened). It's like…*sniff* It's like our DD Welcome Wagon is once again complete!

(But now that I'm thinking about wagons, I'm thinking about Oregon Trail. Quick - set a grueling pace with meager rations! Someone fix that broken wheel!)
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM
Ironscarfs Ghost at 5:15PM, Oct. 7, 2008
(offline)
Look guys, I'd just like to call a halt to the normal proceedings here for a minute to say, well, I mean, just stop to think about it……

What if that'd been it? What if we'd never seen that angry little face again, or heard another curmudgeonly comment? What if we'd been left with nothing but unanswered questions that echoed through this forum like the empty space where the humbugs should've been?

Just think.

I'd like to propose that forwith, this day, the seventh of October, should be St.Custards day, and appropriately ill tempered celebrations should be held throughout the forum, lest we forget. And we must never forget.

Never.

Jon Winokur
A curmudgeon's reputation for malevolence is undeserved. They're neither warped nor evil at heart. They don't hate mankind, just mankind's absurdities. They're just as sensitive and soft-hearted as the next guy, but they hide their vulnerability beneath a crust of misanthropy. They ease the pain by turning hurt into humor. . . . . . They attack maudlinism because it devalues genuine sentiment. . . . . . Nature, having failed to equip them with a servicable denial mechanism, has endowed them with astute perception and sly wit.
Curmudgeons are mockers and debunkers whose bitterness is a symptom rather than a disease. They can't compromise their standards and can't manage the suspension of disbelief necessary for feigned cheerfulness. Their awareness is a curse.
Perhaps curmudgeons have gotten a bad rap in the same way that the messenger is blamed for the message: They have the temerity to comment on the human condition without apology. They not only refuse to applaud mediocrity, they howl it down with morose glee. Their versions of the truth unsettle us, and we hold it against them, even though they soften it with humor.
Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
RuseBolton at 5:25PM, Oct. 7, 2008
(online)
Hello & Welcome to the newcomer! 10 years is a long time to have been trapped inside a skull letterlone someone else's skull!

But yes to the matter at hand - Iron Scarf, would this holiday come as a public holiday or just a rant tastic day… kinda like international talk like a pirate day? If a day off is involved im all for it… if ranting is in Again im all for it… Ok ok so St Custards day it is…

But not to fret if Custard had not returned we could have always held orditions… no one can brood as well as custard so the gap would still have space inside, & for some reason (in my own comment) i'm reminded of the quote “Close only counts with horse shoes & hand grenades”. So with that comment retracted, no one could totaly replace Custard trout!

WAH HA! Rant/Rammble complete!

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:12PM
Ryan_Scott at 5:31PM, Oct. 7, 2008
(online)
Hey thanks guys for the welcome… Kinda refreshing to be welcomed onto a freindly forum instead of being preached at by pompous snobs!!!
Ironscarfs Ghost at 6:01PM, Oct. 7, 2008
(offline)
Ryan_Scott
Hey thanks guys for the welcome… Kinda refreshing to be welcomed onto a freindly forum instead of being preached at by pompous snobs!!!

I had to drop my usual pompous snobbery as today my heart is full of peppermint kites and candy smiles!

That's a great movie star name you've got there Ryan. Works both ways too: Scott Ryan would be just as likely to fix that broken wheel with his meagre rations. I'm off to waft through your fart jokes now so do enjoy your stay.
Scott_Ryan
Who said a fine art degree was a waste of time!!!

I did!
Er……..boo!
amanda at 7:16PM, Oct. 7, 2008
(online)
Ryan
Kinda refreshing to be welcomed onto a freindly forum instead of being preached at by pompous snobs!!!
*looks pompous*
The only good comics have princesses and bunnies in them. *haughty sniff* Now where is my caviar? And my chihuahua?
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM
Mushroomcomix at 7:30PM, Oct. 7, 2008
(online)
Welcome Ryan Scott… and remember all the money is in Fart Jokes… look at how rich the Jay and Silent Bob Franchise is!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
trevoramueller at 1:34PM, Oct. 8, 2008
(offline)
For me…any coffee is too much coffee. ;)

Welcome to the Duck!
My Drunk Duck Comics:

Nominated for numerous web awards, see more news at My Website
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:34PM
Ryan_Scott at 4:32PM, Oct. 8, 2008
(online)
Speaking candidly about my own coffee intake… I generally need between 4 and 8 shots of espresso before I can even think about writing and drawing… yes it's an addiction but at least I'm NOT addicted to crack and/or high class hookers… which reminds of the time that….
Aghammer at 6:24PM, Oct. 8, 2008
(offline)
Coffee is good!!! Welcome Ryan, I can tell you will be in good company (not like the hookers of course, but there you go). Get that stuff out of your head me…

(Ghost… what the hell happened man, not only are you a ghost but you are a glow in the dark teddy bear?!?)

Rose, I nominate you are the new Custard Trout… any seconds???

Renga, I'm in Kanata Canada today and it's raining… can you do something about it?????
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
Ironscarfs Ghost at 6:55PM, Oct. 8, 2008
(offline)
Aghammer
(Ghost… what the hell happened man, not only are you a ghost but you are a glow in the dark teddy bear?!?)

Keep it down man…..I'm incognito. ‘General discussion’ are gunnin' for me!
Er……..boo!
Ryan_Scott at 4:38AM, Oct. 9, 2008
(online)
So I'm trying to update these strips 3 times a week and wondering if there was any kind of coffee grant, or scholarship programme or something… perhaps I need to buy shares in a roastery or something.
Dark Clown at 6:29PM, Oct. 9, 2008
(online)
Welcome, Would You Like A Cold Hot Cola?

This Fluid feels like Pain, This stoic mood is all in vain.
I reach into the dark, I tear this other me apart.
How many years ago, How many deaths I can't let go.
My Flesh Is Temporary, My God Extraordinary.
You… can''t… Kill… My… MIND!!!!!

The War Will continue, Just on a different battle field
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:06PM
Aghammer at 7:19PM, Oct. 9, 2008
(offline)
ah, sorry scarf… I'll whisper from now on.. you might be harder to find if you didn't glow in the dark.. jus sayin

Ryan, not a bad idea.. in fact, if you want to send me $100 I'll send you one share in the “cool coffee and cold hot soda” company… now's the time to buy!!

Feel free to try the free Cold hot soda from our buddy the Dark Clown, hmmmm… double caffeine!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:47AM
crazyninny at 7:32PM, Oct. 9, 2008
(online)
Welcome to you doom. Please leave your money, valuables, cool stuff, and cookies with me as you enter forth. >=3
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:49AM
Ryan_Scott at 5:28PM, Oct. 16, 2008
(online)
Back onto the subject of Fart jokes…
OfftheGrid at 6:20PM, Oct. 25, 2008
(online)
Fart jokes eh? I knew my strip was missing something! If I combine drug jokes AND fart jokes there will be no stopping me! Mwaaaahahahahahaha!!!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Ryan_Scott at 4:32PM, Oct. 31, 2008
(online)
I've actually busted out a bit and included political awareness… apparently fart jokes and politics is the new hip thing… I swear
NickGuy at 4:41PM, Oct. 31, 2008
(offline)
boo political awareness

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon