I had a long thought about all the organisations which claim to help the earth through open protest. I do not wish to name them due to my own personal political rules, but I simply do not agree with their methods, they are ineffective, vulgar and simply put should be banned.
Before you start jumping up and down listen to my idea of how an organisation which claims to defend the Earth SHOULD act.
1) Introduce Ecological projects. By this, I am not thinking building a Luna Park where you will try to explain children why you should segregate trash. I am thinking projects which will positively effect the environment. I do not remember any time in the past any Organisation proposing an idea of building a Wind Power Plant, presenting it to a government to get funding but at the same time analyzing all its good and bad sides. We should be human and see that if Nuclear Power is bad we should not close them down, but show and act against them through building our own Power.
Simply put, think economical, if you want Green Earth spend your funds on projects which will help and not pretend they do anything. Buying chains for your protesters is like buying guns for Africans and tell them they can use these to defend themselves from animals. Sure it might work but it's bull.
2) Think, then act. There are numerous cases where the so called Greens acted against the natural way and environment works. Sure, wolves kill other animals, but what happens if you kill them? You destroy the natural balance which is ment to be kept safe.
Well, then you might ask, what about us humans? Sure we might kill ourselves off, but why are we asociated with evil? Humans can work two ways, destroy but also rebuild. (more explained later). Before thinking about destroying a species for its behaviour we should see what the long term effects might be. First think, then act.
3) Humans, do good. Sure, we produce thousands of tonnes of trash which kill animals… but we can help these poor critters. We can create artificial habitats for close to be distinct animals and increase their reporduction rate so that once they are greater in number create a “wild” area outside and release groups of them in order to reintroduce the species to the habitat. This WILL work for all the animals I can think of, Fish, Mammals, reptiles, etc. Furthermore, plants too. So stop defending a turf of land because there is a rare flower. Take it to a lab, create a proper habitat for it and let it spread, first artificialy, and later release it.
4) Participate in Science projects. Obtain specialists who will help other companies (like Car companies) to create even more ecological engines, filters, etc. Saying cars are bad is like saying water is bad because we may drown. There are too many cars now to stop them, so help upgrade them. Be reasonable though. Progress is not sudden, it might take time to introduce a better engine, but give your few shillings to MAKE it better.
5) Educate, but don't create Propaganda. Of course, sometimes humans make mistakes, but don't make it seem like a sin. Analyze the situation, see why it has happened, and how it might be solved. Remember the problem in Canada? I know the solution. Help the fishermen build Artificial “Fish plants” which should be enough to make them earn enough for themselves and produce enough food for the population. Of course, the question about “Fish Rights” remains, well, you might be the first to propose them. (How many fish in a tank, etc, etc.) If it seems expensive at first look for ways to make it cheaper, more efficient. If you want to do good, understand why there is evil and try to solve the problem.
6) Look for government support. I know that most of you will ask, “What government support? We have it already!”. It's not support, you usualy blackmail them by creating so many protests against everything that… well… how can anybody operate with so many pests on their back? If you do anything from points 1 to 5 and it works the government will come to you and help you willingly, and not be forced to do so with a gun aimed at their head. Government support comes in financial form but also further help in fullfiling future projects. So that everyody is happy.
So, if I may ask all Green Organisations to consider these six points and change their ways so that we will all be happier. I have nothing against the old way, but it is simply old and uneffective. One more tip, stop being political. Remember, you can't stop progress. From my point of view your evolution stopped completely and you do more harm then good. Change it so that we all will live in a better world.
I know it might seem funny that I quoted myself, but it comes from a different forum and furthermore I do not wish to change it so that the sense will be kept. What do you think of this standpoint? Is it right, wrong? What would you do?