Help, Support and Suggestions

how to edit the homepage?
Toraneko at 6:40AM, April 26, 2009
(online)
So far I've managed to find the blog (through a lot of digging) and the description. Where do I edit the other three areas and/or can I change what they show?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:32PM
ozoneocean at 6:54AM, April 26, 2009
(online)
I'm not sure what “areas” you mean, but the tags for the Home page and comic page templates are listed here:
http://www.warmblues.com/drunkduck/homepage/supported.htm

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
Toraneko at 9:41AM, April 26, 2009
(online)
What I meant was, how do I edit the three other sections of the “homepage” that read comic stats, chapter list and recommended comics? And if it is possible to put in customised content like maybe replace the comic stats with some links?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:32PM
skoolmunkee at 12:02AM, April 27, 2009
(online)
Toraneko
What I meant was, how do I edit the three other sections of the “homepage” that read comic stats, chapter list and recommended comics?
Comic stats- Go to where you would go to upload pages, but click on the first tab. On that page are two blue links near the bottom. Clicking on those will expand the page and you'll see that you can add some more stuff. Some of that will show up in the comic stats (not sure if all of it does)

Chapter list - this is managed in the page uploading area. Go to the page where it lists all your pages. There should be tickboxes or something next to each page, and the header of that tickbox column says “chapters” - each page you tick will show up in that Chapters box on the homepage.

recommended comics- Click on the ‘My Favorites’ header in that column on the right of the page so you can see a list of all the comics you have favorited. At the bottom of that column there's a link that says ‘manage favorites’ (or something like that)… you'll be taken to a new page and there will be buttons that let you recommend something. :] After ticking all the boxes you want, be sure to click ‘update page’ at the bottom.

And if it is possible to put in customised content like maybe replace the comic stats with some links?
That is more complicated and will mean having to get into the HTML code. You can do that by going into the Layout area of the comic's control panel and using the Customized HTML options - there should be a big mess of stuff in the Homepage box, since you are using DD's default template (not all the templates have the code available). You will need to know a bit of HTML to do that. Before you start changing anything, copy and paste the original code and save it someplace as a txt file just in case.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved