Comic Talk and General Discussion *

How would you (did you) react to a sudden "love confession"?
Ironscarf at 3:51PM, July 5, 2009
(offline)
That's a tough one: I've had a couple of sudden “hate confessions”, but I'll have to wait for the sudden “hate confessions” thread, should such a thread ever arise.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:02PM
HippieVan at 7:55PM, July 5, 2009
(online)
This has never happened to me…I have a wonderful way of guarding myself against embarassing situations like that. I call it “not talking to anyone”.
Duchess of Friday Newsposts and the holy Top Ten
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:49PM
dontworrybehappy at 9:08PM, July 5, 2009
(online)
the first time that happened to me, i was in the center and was going home when my mum called and said, i'm not home and there's no food so buy something there.
i went for a pizza when my best friend called me, asked me where i was and went to see me. so when he arrived waited for me to start eating and then confessed, obviously from the confusion i choked, so i got mad and slapped him and said “couldn't you wait until i finish eating” and then i left (good tactic taking advantage of the situation).
regrets i've had a few but then again, too few to mention,
i did what i had to do and saw it through without exemption.
I planned each charted course; Each careful step along the byway,
But more, much more than this, I did it my way.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:13PM
Lauren Hagan at 2:40PM, July 6, 2009
(offline)
What started as a drunkin one night stand, turned into hanging out, wich led to a love confession. I did not feel the same, I was confused and had too many things going on (boys), but I continued to hang out with him, and now we're engaged… getting married this October :) I love his pretty pale blue eyes, and deep gravely voice. *sigh*
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
Disgruntledrm at 3:29PM, July 6, 2009
(online)
I had a friend who confessed to having a crush on me, but I believe I just laughed it off and told him he didn't. We never spoke of it again…

If someone I barely knew confessed that he liked/loved me, I'd be a bit creeped out…and might very well run in the opposite direction.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
Sea_Cow at 8:45PM, July 6, 2009
(offline)
I would say, “Fuck you, I won't fall for this bullshit” and go find a hooker. Such a happy life I lead…
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:26PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 3:21AM, July 7, 2009
(online)
Well I'm good at telling when someone has feelings for another. I've been able to divert people who liked me who I didn't like away from asking. Though my powers don't seem to work on people I like. Low confidence does that.

Well If they don't fall into the first category of someone I don't want to be in a relationsip with I'd probably would say “sure”. I mean I've never had a GF and Its not like I'm going to get confidence enough to ask someone. So with someone asking me I'd be like “JACK POT!”

I've done this by the way. Never had it happen to me. A little tip if someone does confess to you, don't ignore them ;D

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:17PM
SpANG at 8:10AM, July 7, 2009
(online)
I've been on both sides of this. I gave one, and I got two. One worked out (for a while). The others… We stopped talking and hanging out.

It all boils down to a choice you have to personally make. Best case scenario, you both feel the same. Worst case - you may lose this person forever. Afraid of that second choice? Well, are you content to safely pine them from afar, then?

I say you never know unless you try. If it isn't reciprocated, you can move on and use your new found courage to pursue someone else, whether you stay friends or not.

However, be prepared. If you find someone else, that friend of yours may realize what they had a chance to have. And then things can really get sticky.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
Ozoneocean at 8:30AM, July 7, 2009
(online)
I love your motorbike. It will be happier with me… I'm sure it returns my feelings.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
SpANG at 12:02PM, July 7, 2009
(online)
Nah. She says you're too short for her. :P
Lonnehart at 6:20PM, July 7, 2009
(online)
SpANG
However, be prepared. If you find someone else, that friend of yours may realize what they had a chance to have. And then things can really get sticky.

Like a Love Decahedron? (or that shape that has more sides than a fast food restaurant?)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
bravo1102 at 12:17AM, July 9, 2009
(offline)
I've seen or expereinced all the reactions here, and eventually the lived happily ever after one (16 years of marriage so far)

But the “I don't think I ever really loved you” confession ending a long relationship? (The so-called “tannahill flip” named for the two sisters who did it to my best friend and I) That's the real killer. That's the WTF!

How about the one where you meet the girl you had the huge crush on and she admits that she felt the same way, but was convinced by your mutual friends not to date you. Now here is the second chance and everything about it now is wrong. c'est la vie
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
Ozoneocean at 12:42AM, July 9, 2009
(online)
SpANG
I bet she's a lesbian anyway >:[
SpANG at 1:47PM, July 9, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
SpANG
I bet she's a lesbian anyway >:[

Ha! Funny enough, “Virago” is supposed to mean a strong, brave, or warlike woman. ;)
nydreamr179 at 1:55PM, July 9, 2009
(online)
When I was in high school, my neighbor asked me out on a Valentines Date, and I was not attracted to him whatsoever. But, out of pity I went with him. Terrible experience due to both our awkwardnesses, more on his part and mine not appreciating a polite guy at the time.

Anyway! He walks me to my door and says something in a foreign language, I'm all “…okay…?”

Him “That means I really really really like you a lot, in japanese” (neither one of us are btw)

Me “Oh, wow. Thanks. I know some japanese too! but its awfully inappropriate and this is not the time for it.”

He insists on knowing what it is but I don't tell him the phrase “F*** You” in the language since he just confessed to me.
After another awkward silence (since he's prolly waiting for me to reciprocate) I say I'm going to go inside. And he tries to lean in for a kiss and I give him “the awkward forced hug”

Poor boy, I never really talked to him again because he scared me a bit and he knew where I lived o.O
“I think I know, I don’t think I know, I don’t think – think I know, I don’t think I think.”

also known as Polar Patron, GIJosie and bafflingidiot
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
ifelldownthestairs at 4:33PM, July 9, 2009
(online)
It's happened to me a few times, one of which was while I was in high school, when I was even MORE dense about women than I am now (which is quite dense).

She was talking about having feelings for a close friend and even went so far as to ask, “well what if it was me, saying I had feelings for you,” and in retrospect her body language reeked of “OH MY GOD I LOVE YOU”

My reply was something along the lines of “Eh, I don't think I'll ever have to worry about that sort of thing. Hey, have you seen American Beauty yet? It's awesome!”

If I ever confessed feelings for a friend, it'd be straight out of a Sunday comic strip.

“I… I think I'm falling for you..”

Then she'd slap me across the face.

“…thanks, I needed that.”
you know why birds don't write their memoirs? because birds don't lead epic lives, that's why. who'd want to read what a bird does? nobody. that's who.
http://www.drunkduck.com/i_fell_down_the_stairs
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
Lonnehart at 8:48PM, July 10, 2009
(online)
nydreamr179
And he tries to lean in for a kiss and I give him “the awkward forced hug”

Poor boy, I never really talked to him again because he scared me a bit and he knew where I lived o.O

I think I'd be scared too if a woman were that way to me. Especially around my age range. Then again I highly doubt women over 30 would go for a straight out love confession… IMO they'd probably sneak in their confession during normal conversation. Meeting at a quiet place with lots of great scenery while attempting to confess (stuttering and having other speech problems due to overwhelming emotion) seems too… classic. :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
Ozoneocean at 10:42PM, July 10, 2009
(online)
When I confessed my secret passion for Skool, she laughed in my face! T_T

I was heart broken and hated her! I vowed to crate an unstoppable army of killer mechs to destroy her empire!!! :gem:

…But then I got so carried away creating my cool mecha army I forgot about her…
skoolmunkee at 2:59AM, July 11, 2009
(offline)
That's because when you said “skool” you actually said “Spang's motorbike” but were so caught up in your emotion you didn't notice. I thought correcting you would just embarass you more, besides you were having fun with that army.
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
Ozoneocean at 3:15AM, July 11, 2009
(online)
You mean you're not a lesbian?
Spang Lied! >:{

Now, can we go for a ride? I've got all my leathers on ^___^
skoolmunkee at 4:39AM, July 11, 2009
(offline)
Naw man, I'm saying I was your second (or further) choice, even as you were trying to console yourself by love-confessing to me, you were thinking of Virago…

See now you're just trying to get me to say something crazy like “I am Spang's motorbike” so you can feel like you have another chance with her. Well you can go confess your love to her all you want. T_T
IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM
Ozoneocean at 4:40AM, July 11, 2009
(online)
Bugger.
lastcall at 4:42AM, July 11, 2009
(offline)
I've had a couple guys write me poems and such, confessing they loved me, and I would just go “awww, how cute” and try to avoid them at all costs. ;) It didn't take me long to fess up and tell them I wasn't interested back.

I've also been on the other side of the coin–the “confessor.” I met a guy over a Dungeons & Dragons internet meetup group and I instantly fell head over heels. He lived in the basement of a house with a married couple. He was a bartender, so he had a lot of charm and charisma (and made good drinks). Eventually I gathered the guts to tell him how I felt. He was flattered and said maybe something would happen eventually, but right now he wasn't interested in a relationship with anyone. That “maybe” gave me hope, and I would drive three hours every weekend to see him and play D&D. I would spend hundreds of dollars each weekend to restock his bar. I got so broke at one point, buying gas and alcohol for each trip, that coworkers would donate me food so I could actually eat.

Anyway the guy led me on and gave me hints that he liked me–at least that's what I thought he was doing. Six months later, the husband of the married couple decided to tell me that the guy I liked and the wife of the married couple were having “intimate relations” with each other, and this had been going on before I even met them all. ….In other words, the guy and the married couple were swingers. I was so furious that the guy didn't tell me this when I confessed my attraction to him. I felt so betrayed, especially because the wife of the married couple was my best friend, and I would pour out my feelings and tell her how much I liked the guy, and she didn't say anything either.

I haven't seen them since that night, and I don't care if I ever see them again. They went from “best friends” to “scum of the earth” that night.

…The happy ending to this tale is I got a husband out of the whole ordeal. I became friends with a fellow D&D player who also went to the house every weekend. I never really noticed him because I was so fixated on the bartender guy. But the day after I found out about this stuff, this guy went over to that house and defended my honor. It was so chivalrous, so noble, like something out of a movie. I realized that here I was, fawning after this bartender who didn't care about anyone but himself, and here was another guy right in front of my nose who cared deeply about me all along. ….So I married him, and we have been happily together ever since.

And thus ends my tale. /bow :)
Warpedwenger at 11:45AM, July 11, 2009
(offline)
I broke up with her… LOL…. LOVE… Phoo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:47PM
nydreamr179 at 7:04PM, July 11, 2009
(online)
lastcall
…The happy ending to this tale is I got a husband out of the whole ordeal. I became friends with a fellow D&D player who also went to the house every weekend. I never really noticed him because I was so fixated on the bartender guy. But the day after I found out about this stuff, this guy went over to that house and defended my honor. It was so chivalrous, so noble, like something out of a movie. I realized that here I was, fawning after this bartender who didn't care about anyone but himself, and here was another guy right in front of my nose who cared deeply about me all along. ….So I married him, and we have been happily together ever since.

And thus ends my tale. /bow :)

That is so cute and romantic! cept for the scumbags, but at least it turned out good in the end
“I think I know, I don’t think I know, I don’t think – think I know, I don’t think I think.”

also known as Polar Patron, GIJosie and bafflingidiot
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:19PM
TheMidge28 at 11:24PM, July 11, 2009
(online)
true story, in high school, I made a mix tape for a girl I never talked to but thought was hot. It had songs by Jodeci, Guy, Ralph Tresvant, etc…
She never acknowledged my existence before or even after said mix tape.
I was an idiot.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
Jonko at 6:48AM, July 13, 2009
(online)
I've never had someone I don't like ask me out, but what I can say for sure is telling someone how you feel and getting rejected is the worst feeling in the world.

If someone I don't like has a crush on me usually I get grossed out and keep my distance. Not the best tactic, but I seriously start interpreting every single action the other person does the wrong way… Crushes are too hard.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM
lastcall at 6:50AM, July 13, 2009
(offline)
Jonko
what I can say for sure is telling someone how you feel and getting rejected is the worst feeling in the world.

Damn straight.
Faliat at 6:19PM, July 13, 2009
(offline)
One time a friend that didn't know what he was doing just copied and pasted a Live Messenger conversation to someone I had strong affection towards. One in which I was panicking about him saying he was just going to copy and paste what I just said and that it wasn't the best idea.

I got one hell of an angry IM later on. But the reaction was understandable. Taken out of context the sentence made me seem like a clingy stalker. I would've reacted the same way.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
GracehFaceh at 9:56PM, July 15, 2009
(online)
MYSELF. FROM THE PAST! WEEEOOO.
So far, out right confessions have happened to me 4 times, 2 of which ended in a relationship, none of which ended pleasantly.

Ah! I fudged up my number! It's actually happened to me 6 times.

The extra two I forgot happened when I was like, eleven though. One I still talk to now, he used the technique of saying “I USED to really really really like you” but he at least understood that I didn't like him. Then a year went by and the another one confessed that he was “madly in love” with me- this time a kid from Britain who I nicely donated a DA subby to- but I was already dating love confession number two so he got rejected. He responded with telling my ex-best friend I was talking behind her back and we didn't speak to each other for a whole summer.

…All my guy friends from the Internet have confessed to liking me at some point (Jesus, I have one NOW that's doing the little secret-affections-pee-pee dance) They pass me around like a bong, I swear to God. I wish I got that more in real life.

Faliat
I got one hell of an angry IM later on. But the reaction was understandable. Taken out of context the sentence made me seem like a clingy stalker. I would've reacted the same way.

God, IM conversations are the worst for that! I feel your pain!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:38PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon