Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

Howdy y'all
Lunaris Victoria at 1:38AM, May 19, 2009
(online)
My name's Liz, and I'm new here.

So…where to begin?

I love to read high school romances, preferably of a het or lezzy nature (In other words, something I can picture myself in), I like comedy and some action. The story and character development are the most important parts of a comic, though, and they will drive me to love even comics that, if based on genre alone, I'd otherwise never look twice at.

I seem to be under permanent temporary employment as of the last few monthes. Some people find making friends with me a pain with the sometimes-hectic schedule. In my spare time, I love reading books and webcomics, and often enough manga as well. I watch anime too, but a little less often. As with web comics, I favor more romantic stories.

And for any who might possibly be curious, my avatar as of this writing is Tokiha Mai from My-HiME, one of my favorite manga and anime series.

Being new, I don't have a comic myself. It's doubtful I ever will either. I can write stories and scripts and such, but I have no real artistic talent. It's all fair enough though, it leaves me with a little more time to see what wonderful stories are being put up around here.

Thanks for reading, and it's nice to be here. Hope I didn't bore everyone to tears.

Liz
“If I don't say it, don't assume I won't. An open book still needs a reader to turn the page.”
-Me
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
amanda at 7:31AM, May 19, 2009
(online)
Hi, Liz - welcome to the Duck ^.^ Based on some of your preferences for webcomics/stories, I highly recommend Simply Sarah. There are tons more great comics, but I think you'll particularly enjoy this one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:51AM
Custard Trout at 9:16AM, May 19, 2009
(offline)
Oh hello Liz. Welcome to Place.

Lunaris Victoria
Being new, I don't have a comic myself. It's doubtful I ever will either. I can write stories and scripts and such, but I have no real artistic talent.

The ratio of writers to artists on this site is about 5:1. It's even more mismatched if you only count artists who can actually draw worth a damn.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:02PM
alexcat321 at 9:40AM, May 19, 2009
(online)
Enjoy your stay!

John Jr.

here's my deviant art: http://alexcat321.deviantart.com/ add me!

ART AND STORY BY JOHNATHAN HUDSON JR!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
Lunaris Victoria at 1:18PM, May 19, 2009
(online)
amanda
Hi, Liz - welcome to the Duck ^.^ Based on some of your preferences for webcomics/stories, I highly recommend Simply Sarah. There are tons more great comics, but I think you'll particularly enjoy this one.

I actually signed up after sitting through and reading the whole thing (to date) yesterday evening. I wanted to leave a comment and all so I joined. After that, I took a look around and figured it wouldn't hurt to stick it out a little while. :)

Custard Trout
Oh hello Liz. Welcome to Place.

Lunaris Victoria
Being new, I don't have a comic myself. It's doubtful I ever will either. I can write stories and scripts and such, but I have no real artistic talent.

The ratio of writers to artists on this site is about 5:1. It's even more mismatched if you only count artists who can actually draw worth a damn.

I know, it's not hard to figure that much out. I'm not trying to really advertise myself or anything anyways. But if there's a chance someone might see it and find themselves curious, then I figured it doesn't hurt to have a little something out there.

Thanks for the warm welcome. It's nice to be here. :)
“If I don't say it, don't assume I won't. An open book still needs a reader to turn the page.”
-Me
Puff_Of_Smoke at 3:16PM, May 19, 2009
(offline)
Hello.

And to attempt to get out of my habit of one word posts in this forum, Hello there.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
Product Placement at 8:55PM, May 19, 2009
(online)
If you want to try out the impossible task of finding an artist, you can check out the Networking & Community projects.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
Lunaris Victoria at 9:21PM, May 19, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
If you want to try out the impossible task of finding an artist, you can check out the Networking & Community projects.

Thanks, I just may try that soon. :)

But this is an introduction thread…I should probably stop posting here soon. It's been nice getting such a welcome from y'all though.
-Me
Jonko at 7:29AM, May 20, 2009
(online)
I'll just say welcome too! Hope you enjoy it here!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:10PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon