Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Howfor to make vampires unlame.
AQua_ng at 9:06AM, Dec. 1, 2007
(online)
If it's not already been mention, make them weak to night/moon light instead of daylight.

That'll be car-ray-zee.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:57AM
marine at 4:26AM, Dec. 3, 2007
(offline)
AQua_ng
If it's not already been mention, make them weak to night/moon light instead of daylight.

That'll be car-ray-zee.

Reverse vampires? I think I did that in penis a few years ago.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
Dirk Zephyrs at 9:00AM, Dec. 3, 2007
(offline)
What are y'alls thoughts on vampires and getting drunk?

…BEERPIRES! O:>
Pink Floyd
Breathe, breathe in the air.
Don't be afraid to care.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:11PM
batsofchaos at 10:07AM, Dec. 3, 2007
(offline)
How about a vampire that uses his super-agility (or perhaps a private jet) to forever circle the earth and thus avoid ever having to go to sleep and render himself vulnerable? Can vampires get insomnia?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:15AM
CharleyHorse at 12:34PM, Dec. 3, 2007
(offline)
Dirk Zephyrs, I've seen it on an old television show - Forever Knight I think. The premise was that a vampire or vampires would wait for a group of drunks to leave a bar and then ambush them, sup deeply of the alcohol laden blood and then enjoy their own buzz.

Let's see, I'm pretty sure that on BTVS, the vampire character Spike admitted to getting stoned at Woodstock after taking the blood of a totally zoned out druggie.

The funny thing is that in some ways television is often more cutting edge than cartoon and comic books because the concepts come and go in an instant, allowing the director to be somewhat more daring because he knows chances are he will only get a few crank case contacts from soreheads. A cartoonist, however, can get repercussions for a long time if something daring should backfire on him or her. Just a passing, off-topic thought.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:40AM
Dirk Zephyrs at 12:07PM, Dec. 4, 2007
(offline)
What about just straight up drinking beer?
Pink Floyd
Breathe, breathe in the air.
Don't be afraid to care.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:11PM
SarahN at 2:47PM, Dec. 4, 2007
(online)
With my vampires, it's very hard to get a buzz since most human food is just destroyed completely in their stomachs…sometimes even making them a little sick. They don't go to the bathroom or anything. XD Blood however their bodies absorb in a way. It's possible to get tipsy on alchohal, just very hard…and usually doesn't last very long.

Depends on how your vamp's insides work. My vampires aren't walking dead people, but living creatures with an obviously strange metabolism. =P Are your vampires the usual walking corpses? I've seen vampires in comics that just react normally to alchohal; drunkenness and all. Here's a question; do they react to poisons? It all depends on what you prefer really. If you want to have a character that likes to drink, then maybe you should allow him/her to get drunk….or maybe he/she can't and it drives him/her crazy! XD
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:23PM
Nerfherder at 9:15PM, Dec. 5, 2007
(offline)
Well, if any British people can remember a show that used to be on Channel Four years ago, called “Ultraviolet”, then that is another way you could take vampires.
The vampires strive to find a way to artifically create blood which they need to survive, without having to feed from the living. As they know eventually the human race will wipe itself through chemical warfare, diseases or war, and when the human race is gone, they'd have no food source left.
And at the end, it winds up that those hunting them are the bad guys.
The vampires in the show, also referred to as Code 5s aka Code V, strive never to kill humans, as they are the vampires main food source, and with the many diseases in the world tainting human blood, it thins out the food stock, hence why they strive to find a way to create a new blood source, at the same time trying to find cures to the diseases killing humans.
The other thing I liked about that show was that they could not be seen by electronic cameras or security cameras, as well as mirrors.

Now, if you want other ideas, I'd suggest getting a copy of the Vampire - The Masquerade core rules system (not Reqiuem, for god sakes keep clear of Reqiuem) and simply go through character generation. Create one for yourself, and submerge yourself into that character's psyche.
When I wrote vampire sources, I always used storylines and actual gaming sessions as prime inspiration.

Also heed no attention to the Buffy vampires, as to be frank, apart from a couple of vampire characters, the rest were just stake fodder to be killed to fill story-telling time. (Don't get me wrong, Spike and Angel came into their own during the Angel series, which felt as though it took quite a few pointers from the Vampire RPG for it's tone and atmosphere.)

As for getting drunk, well, most vampires are portrayed as being undead corpses, and so their internal organs had become dead. If they took on food, they would have to expell it, as they had no way of digesting it. Hence alcohol would have no affect upon them.
Though in the Vampire RPG, they had disciplines that could allow them to eat food, without sudden need to throw it up, as part of giving the appearance of being mortal (can't remember what dsicipline or skill it is, right now, as I don't have the core rule book at hand.)

But at the end of it all, it all comes down to how you feel they would fit into your storyline and what purpose they serve. You can make them good, or evil. They can be grotesque, or extremely sexual and overpoweringly attractive to those who look at them.

heck you could even make them like Captain Jack Harkness (of Torchwood) with fangs. It's all upto you.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:11PM
marine at 5:56AM, Dec. 6, 2007
(offline)
There was another soap opera style show about vampires, I forget the name of it, but it was pretty goofy and had vampires doing silly things.

Also did I mention Blade in this thread yet? All the vampires in blade are pretty awesome. Except triple H.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
Nerfherder at 11:37AM, Dec. 6, 2007
(offline)
marine
There was another soap opera style show about vampires, I forget the name of it, but it was pretty goofy and had vampires doing silly things.

Also did I mention Blade in this thread yet? All the vampires in blade are pretty awesome. Except triple H.

Are you thinking about Kinred - The Embraced? If so, that was a show financed by Arron Spelling and made by hi studios. It was officially based off the Vampire - The Masquerade RPG.
It was pretty good, sowing in the in-sniping of the clans, but it got5 more bizarre, and then cancelled after Arron pulled the plug on it, due to the fact the other producers and writers refused to put his daughter (Tori) into the show.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:11PM
albone at 11:43AM, Dec. 6, 2007
(online)
I don't know if it's been said, but I think a way in making vampires unlame is to first stop messing with the mythology so much. The first incarnations were good, changing up their powers/weaknesses smacks of not being able to write a decent story in the first place. Too many variations have screwed up the mythos. Werewolves I think don't suffer from that, and that's why they remain badasses (IMO).

Second, any character, even lame vampires will shine in a well thought, well written story. You can bend the first point I made, if it suits the story. For instance, if being a vampire was a veiled metaphor for the story you're telling.
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved