Debate and Discussion

HPV or not to HPV---Sorry, what's the question?
Aurora Moon at 6:04AM, June 9, 2007
(offline)
I agree that they should simply make it avibable to all people, but not make it so that people HAVE to take them. After all, people is not gonna die from it.
this diease just simply makes it uncomfortable for a lot of people, what with the hosptial stays and all.

I hate how the TV commericals about it here makes it sound like it's such a deadly thing, though…. that's the only reason why this thread exists I would say… to debate whenever the drug companies are ethical or not in using such scare tatics, insiting that people HAVE to take it.
I say they are not.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Aereis at 5:29PM, June 9, 2007
(online)
I don't know about you guys, but we got the hep c (or was it B???) shot in 6th grade, and we all didn't start sharing needles and having sex just because we might ward off the virus. If girls think ‘oh I can have sex now’ after the hpv shot, then they are frankly stupid and the parents need to say, ‘sally, now dear, don’t be a whore.'

I believe Aurora Moon brought up that men can carry it too. And I might add that you can get it without having sex. Since before I even started having sex I'm part of a study in Canada about hpv and cervical cancer. If the shot was easily available to me, I'd go get it (and it doesn't make me a whore, btw).

I know some people worry about unnecessary vaccinations, like the flu cav. I don't get it cause I'm lazy, and if I'm honestly sick what's wrong with taking a few days off school/work? But last year a friend got it, and a few hours later he went into a seizure. The hospital said that it was an allergic reaction to the egg base they use in the vaccination, and thus he is allergic to eggs. Bullshit. I've seen him eat 4 eggs at a sitting and he still eats eggs almost everday.

Also I went to school with a girl who was on deproviera (don't know the spelling), a injected birth control taken every 4 months. Well, it turned out she was allergic to it and later became immune to it, and got pregnant. Opps.

I guess the last two comments are focused on my belief that shit happens with new drugs, and that is risky. I'd explain more but I have to run :P
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:46AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved