Meet, Greet, Show and Sell*

I am "new" here, how do I trick people into reading my shit?
KnaveMurdok at 6:08AM, Dec. 1, 2010
(offline)
Somehow or another, I registered for this place back in 2003, and then forgot all about it.
I am here now, and i have plenty of comics! I am funny, and talented and EVER SO SMART! I have tons of comics, I update seven pages a week, so you're not likely to be bored.
What this all comes down to really, is that I am in DESPERATE NEED for your attention!
I have a fever, and the only thing that can cure it is more page views.
I know you want to be in on the ground floor, when this fuckin' rocket ship TAKES OFF!
Granted, that is a really awkward metaphor, but I THINK I think I know what I mean! Do YOU? Find out in next week's thrilling episode!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
ayesinback at 6:50AM, Dec. 1, 2010
(online)
Hi Knave

Welcome anew then (although shit tricking belongs in another forum). how bout telling us more about yourself than just that illness :)
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
KnaveMurdok at 2:13PM, Dec. 1, 2010
(offline)
About myself?
Well geez, hmm.
I've been drawing comics since I was but a lad. I used to take about 5 or 6 sheets of paper, fold them in half, staple them and draw the comic inside.

When I was in my late teens ans early 20's, I had a very serious girlfriend who did everything in her power to try and get me to leave behind these dreams of cartooning, because she worried I'd not be able to provide for her when we were eventually married.

Time went by, she is gone now, and I've been attacking this idea of seriously becoming a cartoonist for about 2 years and some change.

Since then I have had three books published, something I never imagined I'd be able to do. I'm very proud, but it's still only a start. I continue to take art classes, trying to refine my craft, and doing anything it takes to expand my readership. I have big big plans and ambition for this medium :)

The comic I've been working on the hardest the most recently is Dave the Punk Rock Cat (DtPRC), it's about exactly what it sounds like :)

Dave is a seemingly immortal house cat, who's survived thrugh decades of American pop culture. He tells very colourful tales of his experiences to his friends, and to random passers by, but most of the time they can't figure out f he's actually really talking, or it's all in their heads.

Dave's stories and kind of his persona are based on a very dear friend of mine, Steve, who grew up in CBGB's era New York, and saw the punk rock scene rise and fall as it occurred. On top of that, he's a very gifted storyteller, so we decided to go into cahoots to make this comic. He tells me stories form his days as a punk, and I weave them into a DtPRC narrative and draw the action around it :)

So… yeah! Please check us out!
We are very funny, and full of humourous adult situations.
ayesinback at 2:36PM, Dec. 1, 2010
(online)
Thanks, Knave. very cool. I'll be happy to check it out.
You TOO can be (multiple choice)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:14AM
KnaveMurdok at 2:56PM, Dec. 1, 2010
(offline)
Thanks so much ayesinback :) Thanks for helping me get my start here.
Adariel at 6:05AM, Dec. 3, 2010
(offline)
Welcome to DD!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:45AM
KnaveMurdok at 4:06AM, Dec. 7, 2010
(offline)
Adariel
Welcome to DD!

Thank You! :D
NO ONE takes first passage over KNAVE MURDOK!
I hold DOMINION over you all!
I am COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF in the ARMY OF FUN!
Here I am! ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE!

:D

!!!!!!!!!!!!
KnaveMurdok at 3:28AM, Dec. 8, 2010
(offline)
SEVEN MORE PAGES of this TEDIOUSLY LONG STORY about a Cat and his taste in music have been posted! If it is your wish to be current and up to date in matters of pop culture, then you'd do yourself well to READ THEM ALL!

How often can I do this before it GETS ANNOYING?
KnaveMurdok at 4:54AM, Jan. 30, 2011
(offline)
Okay sparky, here's the deal! The comic is done! I'm not sure where to gof rom here. go read it from start to finish, just to make me feel better. Kay? Kay! I love you ALL SO MUCH!!!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon