Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

I don't know how to...
lemon_king at 3:34PM, June 17, 2009
(offline)
…Decide how to make my new comics.
I have ideas and stories for 2 new comics, but I'm not sure the best waty to draw them.
Should I use the computer for everything? Should I jsut draw them, and color them on the computer?
What works best for you?
If it's not sane to spell words with your Cheerios, I don't want to be sane.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:34PM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 4:25PM, June 17, 2009
(online)
It's all about finding the style you think looks best, and works best.

Such as, if your writing a darker story, you won't want to use bright colors (or maybe even colors at all?) I would say don't bother using colors, but I know Pit_face proves that point wrong ;)

With that being said, you have to find a medium that you think works best, and looks best, like I said up there.

Would you rather just do a comic completely in pencil? (I don't suggest this, as it gets very messy, and you'll have to do a bunch of shading)

Maybe do a comic using colored pencils? But I wouldn't really rely on Crayola, as theirs isn't all that good. I'd suggest something better…such as Prismacolor, or some other high end one. So again, don't really suggest this unless you can afford it.

Inking/scanning in, and coloring on the computer? You could draw it out with pencil, ink over it with technical pens (such as Microns…ick. I hate those), or a pen such as a Pilot Precise pen, which work pretty well, but the ink isn't completely black. And get a program to color, such as Photoshop (expensive), or a free-ware program such as the Gimp or Paint.Net.

There's so many methods, just do a little research, and experiment. Like I've said, find the one that works best for you, and also looks the best.

Hope that helps!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM
Hyena H_ll at 5:01PM, June 17, 2009
(online)
There's the “How do you make your comics thread”, and the “Digital v. Traditional Inking” thread; those might give ya some ideas.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
Pineapple at 9:33PM, June 17, 2009
(online)
Ryuthehedgewolf
Maybe do a comic using colored pencils? But I wouldn't really rely on Crayola, as theirs isn't all that good.

That's what I use :( But really I can't be bothered buying anything expensive.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved