Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

I need help with scanners. What type of scanner d'you have or what type d'you think is the best to have?
alexcat321 at 12:09PM, July 6, 2009
(online)
I need help with scanners. What type of scanner d'you have or what type d'you think is the best to have? Yeah, that's what I needed help with since pretty soon I hope to go off to college and I'll need to buy a new scanner. So let me guys know what you think, or if it even matters at all, or does the thickness of the paper matter that your scanning in. Lemme know. Thanks.

John Jr.

here's my deviant art: http://alexcat321.deviantart.com/ add me!

ART AND STORY BY JOHNATHAN HUDSON JR!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
Ryuthehedgewolf at 11:59AM, July 7, 2009
(offline)
One of the most important aspects you want to consider, is what size paper are you going to be using?

It is going to be regular A4 Paper? (copy paper)
Maybe bristol paper? (Which is about A3)

A3 scanners cost a bit more, but it's worth it since you have a bigger space to draw on, and copy paper is too thin. But to solve that, you can always just go the cheap(er) than bristol way, and just buy some cardstock. It's just a thicker paper, but the same size as copy paper.

So, there's pros and cons to each.

A3 scanners: Too expensive, but you can draw on bristol though. Make sure you research the exact scanning size, because that will determine what kind you can buy. Unless of course, you want to scan it in more than one piece, which gets incredibly annoying.

A4 scanners: A bit cheaper, but your limited to only being able to draw on copy paper and cardstock. That is, unless you buy a big sheet of bristol, and cut it down to size, but then again, that just makes more work.

So in the end, it's all really up to you, and your preference.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:16PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved