Help, Support and Suggestions

I need some info on submitting!
meemjar at 7:00AM, Jan. 26, 2009
(offline)
I have recently became a member of Drunk Duck and I want to submit my comic book.
But I need to ask some questions first.

1) Can I submit the Whole book (44 pages)at once or must I send in a page a day?

2) Can you accomodate 2-page spreads (Horizontal imagery)? If not I'll have to retool some pages or they'll have to be printed at smaller size.

3) Once a Chapter in an ongoing story is done and you want to submit chapter 2 will it get its own heading or will it go under the original.

4) What department do I make the submissions to?(!!!) And what else do I need to submit like title icons?

5) This is the least important question but I'll ask anyway.
Is this site non-profit or do the artists make some kind of gain?

I'm a newbie and I want to know!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:58PM
skoolmunkee at 10:29AM, Jan. 26, 2009
(online)
meemjar
I have recently became a member of Drunk Duck and I want to submit my comic book.
But I need to ask some questions first.

1) Can I submit the Whole book (44 pages)at once or must I send in a page a day?

2) Can you accomodate 2-page spreads (Horizontal imagery)? If not I'll have to retool some pages or they'll have to be printed at smaller size.

3) Once a Chapter in an ongoing story is done and you want to submit chapter 2 will it get its own heading or will it go under the original.

4) What department do I make the submissions to?(!!!) And what else do I need to submit like title icons?

5) This is the least important question but I'll ask anyway.
Is this site non-profit or do the artists make some kind of gain?

I'm a newbie and I want to know!

1. You can do it any way you like. Each update is one image. You can do them all on one day, one per day, two per day, two a week, whatever. You can load them ahead of time too if you have a schedule you want to follow.

2. Any image uploaded counts as an update and will get its own html page. If you want a 2-page spread just make sure it's 1 image file.

3. There is a way you can mark certain pages as the first page of a new chapter.

4. Department? Up in the upper-left area of your screen you should see a yellow box, click on the link “My Account”. In that area you will be able to make a comic account- there will be a button saying ‘add a comic!’ or something. Once you've done that, then you will see your comic listed under Your Account. Click around a bit and you will see the mechanism to upload pages. You don't need to submit any other images or icons if you are happy wih the default html page templates DD has (the way the page around your comic looks.)

5. It's non profit. You don't make money just by having your comic up here. It is a site to network and get feedback on your work, read others' comics, and get your own comic more exposure. Eventually you may want to put ads on your page or sell t-shirts of something, which is fine, but Drunk Duck will never send you a check.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:42PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved