Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

I need tips and techs on blood and violence.
dragodraconis at 7:40AM, Aug. 16, 2008
(online)
I like to know some techniques and tips about drawing wounds, blood splatter, blade gashes and slashes, bullet wounds, bruising, greyscale and tone for blood and bruising etc.

I just wanna bring out a little more real violence in my comic although I might have asked for a little much though… Unless I'm asking in the wrong place.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:14PM
lba at 6:26PM, Aug. 17, 2008
(online)
Use an old toothbrush to help you with splatter effects. Get one of the old style ones without any special bristles if you can.

To figure out what all that stuff looks like, get yourself some cheap india ink or another type of ink and just play with it on a sheet of paper. It's got a lower viscosity than blood, but it will mimic a lot of the types of blood spatters most people are used to seeing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:29PM
subcultured at 12:46PM, Aug. 18, 2008
(online)
gore pictures..they are everywhere on the internet…or you can prick yourself ^_^
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM
warefish at 2:11AM, Aug. 20, 2008
(online)
Making your artwork greyscale or black and white is very useful for making the blood more obvious (assuming that you have coloured the blood). It's a brilliant and effective technique which I use all the time in Red Point.

Frank Miller's “Sin City” inspired me to try this and I must say that it works brilliantly when you try to make your comics gorier.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:45PM
Tashna at 9:15AM, Aug. 21, 2008
(online)
Read Mai-chan's daily life and study from it. It's the most twisted, gory thing I've read (prolly because I'm not into gore. at all.). It includes raping a baby and putting it in a blender, incest, and tons of gore. I hated it, but if you want to study bloody stuff, it's probably a good help. It's toned though, if you want full color stuff, search “war vicitms” and “bullet wounds” in google.

Techniques? hmm, dark red splatter brushes on a 100% multiply layer work for me. But studying how blood and wounds look (like, dried, in a pool, bite wounds, burns etc.) is the main thing, I guess.

It's lovely to see youfall off the stairs, breaking your skull in two.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:07PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved