subcultured at 5:58PM, Dec. 4, 2006
(online)
david caruso's one liners

http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/_sarYH0z948
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:00PM
subcultured at 5:59PM, Dec. 4, 2006
(online)
it's funny how he keeps putting on his glasses..probably ashamed of the script.
hahaha
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:00PM
MrColinP at 7:40PM, Dec. 4, 2006
(offline)
After about a minute or so that video starts to get really funny. CSI: Miami is even worse then CSI.

Cal: Be David Caruso in “Jade.”
Andy Stitzer: Oh, ok, I know exactly what you're talking about.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:07PM
Hawk at 10:17PM, Dec. 4, 2006
(online)
Wow! It's crazy how formulaic that is, once you look at it consecutively!

Fat guy: Open-ended sentence.
Caruso: Witty sentence finish sentence .

I've never seen the show, but something tells me it's not as well written as I would hope.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
skoolmunkee at 3:17AM, Dec. 6, 2006
(online)
CSI Miami is terrible. I hate all the characters, even the unimportant ones, except Fat Guy (I ought to know his name, he's their police guy, like Brass in CSI and Flack in CSI NY). Everything the characters do in their attempts at characterization piss me off, and all the plots (crime-related and character-related) just make me angry. I wouldn't watch it at all if I wasn't desperate for any kind of CSI or Law and Order (UK tv schedules don't even have reruns on right now…) Also it is couch time with boyfriend so I can't complain too much.

Really though, CSI Miami is awful. You have to wonder who their demographic is. I think they are trying to go for the trendy party crowd or something, what with Delco's “toothing” and Horatio dating Marisol, who is dying of cancer but wants to have a baby.

Horiatio is a really bad and one-dimensional character, worse than all the others. Which makes me feel really bad for David Caruso, because he'll never be able to get back NYPD Blue. :(

CSI NY though, that one is great! :)
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:39PM
Rich at 6:47AM, Dec. 6, 2006
(online)
skoolmunkee
Really though, CSI Miami is awful. You have to wonder who their demographic is.

Idiots. They are the only ones they could possibly market that garbage to. Anyone else would be too busy watching ‘Law and Order’ and the original ‘CSI’.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:07PM
lefarce at 11:01AM, Dec. 6, 2006
(online)
We've got to move quick. Time is rising, and we… have a sinking crime scene.

CHAAA!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
ozoneocean at 11:47AM, Dec. 6, 2006
(online)
Ugh! A great way to ruin classic Who songs… Associate them with THAT pap!
He's such a cardboard cutout… Even his mannerisms. The least he could do is use one hand to put on his sunglasses.
It's an excellent clip. CSI Miami makes the 80's Miami Vice look like high art… Entirely different shows I know, it's just the settings and the former's total lack of style that suggest an unfavourable comparison to me.

meh, Law and Order was damn good, the other two spin-offs were fine too (not as good though, but I've stayed well away from any of that CSI stuff.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:25PM
ccs1989 at 5:58PM, Dec. 6, 2006
(online)
skoolmunkee
CSI Miami is terrible. I hate all the characters, even the unimportant ones, except Fat Guy (I ought to know his name, he's their police guy, like Brass in CSI and Flack in CSI NY). Everything the characters do in their attempts at characterization piss me off, and all the plots (crime-related and character-related) just make me angry. I wouldn't watch it at all if I wasn't desperate for any kind of CSI or Law and Order (UK tv schedules don't even have reruns on right now…) Also it is couch time with boyfriend so I can't complain too much.

Really though, CSI Miami is awful. You have to wonder who their demographic is. I think they are trying to go for the trendy party crowd or something, what with Delco's “toothing” and Horatio dating Marisol, who is dying of cancer but wants to have a baby.

Horiatio is a really bad and one-dimensional character, worse than all the others. Which makes me feel really bad for David Caruso, because he'll never be able to get back NYPD Blue. :(

CSI NY though, that one is great! :)

I think the thing is the show gets viewers just because it's there. Skool, you say you hate it but you still know a LOT about it. That's the thing, it's like you can't avoid it.

http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:38AM
Peek_A_Blue at 11:04PM, Dec. 6, 2006
(offline)
Meh.
Im a Law and Order fan and I really dont go for many other crime dramas so I havent seen CSI.
Its the Benson/Stabler, Goren/Eames, and Briscoe/Green (old Law and Order) pair-ups only for me!
And I like them because they follow a winning formula of a group of two or more random people find a body/crime and the police investigate then the ADAs investigate and prosecute, and where the personal lives of the detectives/ADAs are like a distant minor detail becoming relevant only a few times.
(but the recent “ripped from headlines” episodes of obvious current events are getting to be ridiculous.)

But anyways.. What I really wanted to mention here is that Ive lived in South Florida for a year now. My boyfriend however has lived here his whole life and is always talking about how completely fake Miami settings in tv dramas is. This is one show he's mentioned and recently it was Nip/Tuck which is also a Miami setting.. Its very tourst-y stereotyped and famous places are overused and overglamorized (is that a word?).

Plus Caruso sucks.. Putting him in anything=bad.
The Saga of Rend - An epic fantasy tale about a young man burdened by a terrible curse in the form of a beastly alter ego.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
Black_Kitty at 1:16AM, Dec. 7, 2006
(online)
The only time I ever watch CSI: Miami is when no other good shows are. I perfer the original CSI and their characters. There's something very stiff and impersonal about the characters in CSI: Miami.

I personally don't like the one-liners they play for the CSI series in general. The Las Vegas version has them as well sometimes but I find that they're not as bad as the Miami one.

Spike is going to play CSI: Cross Jurisdiction though next week. :D I can't wait to see that one! :D

last edited on July 14, 2011 11:23AM
LIZARD_B1TE at 6:00PM, Dec. 8, 2006
(online)
Peek_A_Blue
the personal lives of the detectives/ADAs are like a distant minor detail becoming relevant only a few times.

….
I wouldn't really say that about SVU. The original Law and Order and Law and Order: Criminal Intent are like that, but definately not SVU. I think that recently it's starting to resemble a soap opera because of all the emphasis they've placed on Stabler's love life.
But, yeah, whatever. I like Criminal Intent because it puts more emphasis on the criminals' personal lives than the other two do.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:36PM
anystar at 5:08PM, Dec. 10, 2006
(offline)
I'm all for the original Law and Order. XD But I don't really watch all that much TV anymore. I watch House MD, Law and Order (while I draw, so really I'm only half watching) and CSI if its on. I've only caught a few episodes of CSI: Miami, and it was definitely blah compared to its predecessor. I've taken to watching Without A Trace lately too, but I don't find that nearly as interesting as L&O or CSI.
http://www.drunkduck.com/The_Door_in_the_Rock/ >> Fantasy Graphic Novel in Black and White :3
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:54AM
Rubygem at 4:53PM, Feb. 13, 2007
(offline)
Too much blood for me
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:12PM
Rydel6 at 8:40AM, Feb. 20, 2007
(online)
I used to watch nothing but Law and Order, but then the original CSI pulled me in. I admit it, I'm a guilty fan and most of those in the clip I have seen.

The original CSI is better than Miami. I don't like how everything in Miami has an orange glare to it and the main character has some creepy looking beady eyes.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:15PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved