Media Megaforum

I'd like to take a moment to tell you about a little show...
PhilWrede at 2:05PM, Dec. 10, 2009
(offline)
…called Community.

Yes, it's the show starring Chevy Chase and the guy from The Soup (Joel McHale). John Oliver is on from time to time, too.

It is, in my considered opinion, the best new television show on this season. It had kind of a rocky start, but sweet lord in heaven above, it has bloomed (how's that for mixing metaphors?). If you have any affection for ensemble comedy, I would heartily encourage you to find a way to watch this program. It does a great job of giving all of its characters time to shine (and, against all odds, they manage to), it melds classic and modern television comedy styles together quite nicely (like trying to help a character or two grow a little bit each episode; I kind of miss that in shows today), and it's willing to just get goofy.

The Halloween episode is fantastically ridiculous. Starting an episode or two before that would probably be ideal. But, really, just watching the show is the key.

Plus, the fellow who plays Zaboo in The Guild is featured on the tie-in webseries.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
shirkersama at 4:46PM, Dec. 10, 2009
(online)
Ended up watching this show for the simply reason that it was on before The Office and fell in love with it from episode 1. A few episodes have missed the mark for me, but very few shows don't do that from time to time.
Sometimes I fell like the story is kind of lacking but the almost all of the characters are brilliant in one way or another.
Meh
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved