Comic Talk and General Discussion *

I'm not...creative..??
Oestaira at 6:07PM, July 19, 2006
(offline)
I'm afraid it's true…I need a banner for http://drunkduck.com/Broken_Star but everything I come up with is ew…I don't want some square ugly cliche thing…I want something that I can use as both a banner and a place to put links (charectors, fan-art, etc) but I'm at a loss…not only can I not come up with a bitchin' design, but my HTML skills are total suck and I have no idea if/how I can make the one banner have links pointing to different places…Kinda goin for something like hers: http://www.drunkduck.com/Princess_Natsumi/ but obviously my own thing…any suggestions/tips? ^-^
I found out the reason why I couldn't unserstand what it meant…the ActiveX box where the featured comics show up on the main site doesn't work on this comp…lol so I've never seen it. Was always wondering what that blank box was for….
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
Oestaira at 8:40PM, July 19, 2006
(offline)
Tater–I do think that's how it works…I just don't know how to do it @_@
I found out the reason why I couldn't unserstand what it meant…the ActiveX box where the featured comics show up on the main site doesn't work on this comp…lol so I've never seen it. Was always wondering what that blank box was for….
Aurora Moon at 9:06PM, July 19, 2006
(offline)
that would be called a image map.

you can create one with progams such as Cofeecup image mapper. which is a really great progam..

all you have to do is draw an picture you want to use as an image map.. like for example said you wanted to have a image of an christmas tree for an christmas edition of your site, with the decorations on it being your characters inside balls or as dolls.. and what you wanted to do was make it so that you could click on the decorations of the tree to get to different various places of the site..

then you open up progams like coffeecup image mapper.. you can choose to slice up the image itself for faster loading time, and you can select the areas you want to be linked, and then it'll automically give you the html code for it.

and then you can instert your code into your webpage. that's all there is to it.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Oestaira at 10:57AM, July 21, 2006
(offline)
Aurora–Thanks! I'll have to hunt down that program…is it freeware..?
Aurora Moon at 11:00AM, July 21, 2006
(offline)
Yeah it is. or at least it was for me because I had gotten other coffeecup stuff before.. they tend to pair up thier progams in pairs.

“Get this, and then you also get that for the heck of it!”

but I didn't pay a single cent for those. lol
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
Oestaira at 1:22PM, July 21, 2006
(offline)
Tanks! I'll look into it!
Now I just have to come up with a design ^-^;
thatreevesgirl at 7:49PM, July 22, 2006
(online)
Its really easy to do if you have frontpage…You just slice and then create a hotspot.

here are a list of programs that will you can use to make an image map
http://webdesign.about.com/od/imagemapeditors/index.htm

Here's a how to:
http://webdesign.about.com/cs/imagemaps/a/aabg051899a.htm

I find frontpage to be really easy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon