Media Megaforum

If there is one movie to see this winter....
machinehead at 6:05PM, Nov. 11, 2008
(online)
If there is one good movie coming out this winter that my wife won't what to see what is it? I know their is Punisher 2, Crank 2,Transporter 3 and the new 007 all of which my wife doesn't want to go see. Geez lot of sequels . But I'm sure there are other good movies my wife won't want to go see, so fire away.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM
Hawk at 9:43PM, Nov. 11, 2008
(online)
If I were to choose one movie for your wife to not want to see this winter, I would choose Four Christmases. Vince Vaughn has an awful track record and he plays the same character in every movie he's in. Your wife has better taste than that. She'll definitely not want to watch it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
isukun at 7:03AM, Nov. 12, 2008
(online)
I'd say stay away from the Jason Statham movies. Transporter 2 ruined that franchise and Crank should not have a sequel by any means, let alone one with such a stupid premise. I'd probably say go with the new Bond flick. The last one held up a lot better than the last Punisher movie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
Insizwa at 5:21PM, Nov. 13, 2008
(offline)
How could they make a Crank 2, WTF! I mean I liked the first one, since it's just an action movie doesn't need no plot, interesting visuals. I was raised on shitty over the top action flicks (mostly Chuck Norris) so it was kinda cool to just have an action movie and not bother to have a deep plot. I'm so out of touch with new movies though, I watch ones that are like 3 years old or more. Fuck the theater (ps Hollywood sucks ass).

You guys hear they're making a Dragon Ball Z movie, that sounds goddamn hilarious! Plus a new Spawn movie is rumored (they're saying it'll be a revitalization of the whole Spawn thing, since the first on was crappy). I hope they involve Keith David who did the voice of Spawn in the animated series as well as the voice of the Arbiter in the Halo games. Highly unlikely though, it's too bad cause he rocked the shit out of Spawn.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
machinehead at 6:06PM, Nov. 13, 2008
(online)
isukun
I'd say stay away from the Jason Statham movies. Transporter 2 ruined that franchise and Crank should not have a sequel by any means, let alone one with such a stupid premise. I'd probably say go with the new Bond flick. The last one held up a lot better than the last Punisher movie.
I wish I could agree with you but I love Jason Statiam movies. I am an action and horror movie junkie. Its the good movies I can't stand.
isukun at 9:44AM, Nov. 14, 2008
(online)
I tend to like action flicks, too. I just prefer when an action film isn't so ludicrously dumb that the plot is distracting or when the action is so over the top, that you just can't believe it. Transporter 2 hit both of those with a dumb plot AND action that just seemed lame compared to the first. Trailers for the new movie make it look like it's more in line with the sequel than the original, and GOD is that plot generic.

What I've seen of Crank 2 looks pretty God-awful, as well. It continues from the end of the last movie centering on the same character, except not only has he survived his fall from a helicopter onto a car and then asphalt, but now his heart has been stolen by a Chinese mobster and he's been given a mechanical one that he has to recharge by electrocuting himself. I saw a great video of a reporter catching up with the director at Comic Con and even he looked like he couldn't believe the BS he was spewing about the believability of the plot.

I'm not trying to say Jason Statham movies aren't any good, just that these two movies look awful.
Ziffy88 at 2:11PM, Nov. 15, 2008
(offline)
well it's not like they were meant to be any good

007 was pretty cool less emotion though
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
isukun at 3:03PM, Nov. 15, 2008
(online)
I don't really see that as an excuse. If a movie isn't supposed to be any good, what's the point in me paying money to see it? I would rather encourage Hollywood to make good movies than to have them intentionally make bad ones. That's precisely why we keep getting movies like Meet the Spartans and movie remakes of TV series that are even worse than the crappy TV series they're based on.
json at 2:10AM, Nov. 16, 2008
(online)
well, at least the g.i.joe flick got pushed back another year. your wife would probably leave you if you made her watch THAT movie.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
machinehead at 12:36PM, Nov. 16, 2008
(online)
json
well, at least the g.i.joe flick got pushed back another year. your wife would probably leave you if you made her watch THAT movie.
Hopefully GI Joe won't create such turmoil in my marriage. Worst case I'll just have to sleep on the couch a few nights. No wait, she can just sleep on the damn couch. If she's gonna get mad for seeing a movie then I get the bed!
NickGuy at 10:48AM, Nov. 17, 2008
(online)
anything thats action for action's sake….yknow, the ones that have the trailers where a guy punches and then you see something blowing up, and then hes making out with a naked chick.

fuck, i LOVE action movies!

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Maxw3ll at 1:56PM, Nov. 29, 2008
(offline)
The new Bond movie was kinda lame and plotless.

I don't really know what your wife does and doesn't like, but here are the movies coming out this winter that i think show promise:

Milk
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Watchmen
The Spirit (even though it will probably be awful)
The Wrestler
Gran Torino
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:56PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved