Comic Talk and General Discussion *

If you already voted... post as comment
taltamir at 2:16PM, Aug. 24, 2006
(online)
This has me afraid to try to post a vote on most comics. You go and write a long coment and try to couple it with a score. But if it turns out you voted already on that comic in the last 24 hours it will tell you “you cant vote twice a day” and delete the coment you just made instead of just posting it as a scoreless coment. This made me stop giving out scores due to how often it happened…

To clarify here is how it should work:
User selects a score and types a coment and comits. The system sees that the user has already voted in the last 24 hours and changes his post to “just comment” and posts it as such…

If you don't mind too much extra programming, you might also make it so that posting a second score would just replace your previous one, this will allow people to correct a mistaken scoring (ie, if they gave a 1 instead of 5 by accident because they are airheads, or if they gave a 4 and changed their minds to decide its actually worth 3 or 5).

It seems like most people only post comments and not votes.. I think this is why. Ofcourse I might be wrong, the only way to know is to make this change and see how many more votes we get… :)
I do not have a superman complex; for I am God, not Superman!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM
taltamir at 2:43PM, Aug. 24, 2006
(online)
It doesnt put the vote OR the coment through… i am saying it SHOULD just not put the vote through and just post the coment, which it does NOT do, it discards both…
thatreevesgirl at 4:09PM, Aug. 24, 2006
(online)
Nope, it doesn't. I just tested it and it doesn't do that at all for me. It will post my comment without the rating. I don't know why you are having that problem, contact a admin if you keep having the issue.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
taltamir at 11:30PM, Aug. 24, 2006
(online)
WOW they fixed it! :)… this is awesome…

I just tested it and you are right.. it does it already, it didn't use to and I just assumed it still doesn't :)

I even tried forbidding drunk duck in script blocker and it still worked… ok, I guess this one is fixed then… no problem here anymore :)

Perhaps this is why it seemed like people vote alot more often nowadays… they aren't afraid it will delete their rant if they already voted anymore :wink:

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon