Comic Talk and General Discussion *

If your...
martinlo_23 at 4:59PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(offline)
…first post was in:

General Discussion:You are a person who wants to talk.
Debate and Discussion:You are a person who wants to state your ideas.
What the heck?!:You're a random person and funny too.
You say goodbye, I say hello:Ypu're a person who wants to get friends.
Fightsplosion!:You're a person who likes to fight.
Tips and tricks:You're a person who needs tricks for doing comics.
Networking & Community projects:You are not ready to do a comic and you need help or a story.
Hey everyone look what I did:You like to show your skills.

I will do more later.

Edit:
Media Discussion:You want to talk about favorite anime or show,movie,etc.
Art & Literature Corner:You want to show your skillz!
The Game Room:Your a fanboy or like game.
Ideas and suggestions for the Duck!:You think the site is not well enough and you do your suggestions.
DarkMartio rules.(That's me.) The cake is a lie. I heard u lieks mudkips.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:54PM
mechanical_lullaby at 6:19PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(online)
What about top drawer?

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:57PM
Custard Trout at 6:34PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(offline)
People post in forums because they have interests relating to said forums? Oh Martinlo, you and your fantasies. Next you'll claim that the sky is blue, or that cows are mammals, or something equally ridiculous.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
lefarce at 6:35PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(online)
mechanical_lullaby
What about top drawer?

Top Drawer: 4chan is down for the day, need something to do. (see also: manchild)

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
seventy2 at 6:39PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(online)
mechanical_lullaby
What about top drawer?

impossible…fifty posts required to enter. now you gotta have mod status or better.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
HyenaHell at 6:44PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(online)
Aw, shucks. I totally thought this was gonna be some variety of a “You might be a redneck if…” joke. *sigh* Life hurls yet another disappointment my way.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:52PM
lefarce at 6:49PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(online)
seventy2
mechanical_lullaby
What about top drawer?

impossible…fifty posts required to enter. now you gotta have mod status or better.

You didnt always need fifty posts, smarty.

EDIT: ur dum

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:33PM
Senshuu at 6:53PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(offline)
I always post in intro forums first, unless I really just don't feel like it (more recently).

It's like a ritual.
:D
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
kyupol at 7:01PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(online)
mechanical_lullaby
What about top drawer?

you are t3h suxx0rz :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
humorman at 7:18PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(offline)
Revised

If you posted in:

General Discussion:
You thought you could find some clever subjects to dwell on, only to open this thread and immediately hang your head in infinite sadness.

Debate and Discussion: You want to debate topics that either everyone already agrees with or everyone disagrees with (eg. Is Obama really better than Bush? Have aliens really invaded China?)

What the heck?!:
Top Drawer is closed and this is the closest thing to it. Sadly, no one here gets your inside jokes except for the moderators who will lock your topic in order to cover-up the clandestine conspiracy known as TD.

You say goodbye, I say hello:
You thought this would be the perfect place to show off the new sprite comic you made! Tsk, tsk… you should have read the rules…

Fightsplosion!:
No one posts here. If you did post here, it's likely that everyone who does/can post here will be angry with you for not following their guidelines for whatever they do there.

Tips and tricks: You wanted help with your comic, obviously. Unfortunately, you find the amount of information too confusing and overwhelming to really get any help out of it. Oh well, at least you still have your sprite comics to fall back on…

Networking & Community projects: You are a writer who's looking for an artist to draw your comic. It's never the other way around. Never.

Hey everyone look what I did:
Hey, you found the right forum for people to gawk at you sprite comic! Good luck with getting positive reviews!

This is it. I'm not going to do any more later.

Billy vs. Tree – The epic struggle of boy versus tree.
Sonic Colores – It looks like it's going to be a good game because I love how the way it makes me grow.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:51PM
the2ndredbaron at 8:38PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(online)
humorman
Revised

If you posted in:

General Discussion:
You thought you could find some clever subjects to dwell on, only to open this thread and immediately hang your head in infinite sadness.

See this, now this made my day.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
seventy2 at 9:02PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(online)
i now believe kyupol is and has always been humorman.

also, i'm not old like you lefarce. i didnt discover drunk duck till late o7….and i never scrolled all the way down till early 08.
facara
Skullbie at 9:11PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(online)
mi first post was in HELWID
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
SeriousQuiche at 9:26PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(offline)
I forget where I posted first…but I've been here a while…I KNOW CAUSE MY MEMBER NUMBER IS WAAAAAAAY LOWER THAN MOST OF YOURS >:) note I said most.

I remember back when ZAC MADE ME JOIN.
Anyone remember Zac? That guy?…he's doing well by the way. I sit next to him in Art history and watch him buy things online.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
Backstaber at 10:11PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(offline)
Debate and Discussion:You are a person who wants to state your ideas.
)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:15AM
Ozoneocean at 10:15PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(online)
I like Zac.. I remember when he joined.

I don't know where I first posted. Back then The main areas were General discussion and the forum games area.

There wasn't much else here except for… let me think:
The comic review area, the hello goodbye area (I think), Maybe tips and tricks (not sure), and a few of the user comic forums like Charby, Elija and Azzu and the rest.

That's as best as I can recal it. The Top Drawer was there too, but no one ever posted in there at that stage, it was just full of old locked threads.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:33PM
anise shaw at 11:50PM, Feb. 11, 2009
(offline)
I like to do general discussion on any forum first. I like to SIZE it up. What does it have to offer? What is the general culture? What is the tone of speaking?

Are there enough whitty people here to trash trolls?

This forum did alright upon first inspection. I still like General the best…
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
Senshuu at 2:11AM, Feb. 12, 2009
(offline)
This forum is overall very useful and nice. I get a lot of perspective from Tips & Tricks. General Discussion and Debate aren't full of terrible either :D And the random forum is only awful sometimes.
:D
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Aurora Borealis at 10:51AM, Feb. 12, 2009
(online)
Well, I did introduce myself in the hello forum first, but straight after that I think I was all over comics, art & literature and general. Occasionally I look into media, gaming, debate, wtf and tricks, but not too often (either because there aren't threads that interest me there OR I forget about checking them).
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:08AM
Product Placement at 12:04PM, Feb. 12, 2009
(online)
I went for the Hello/Goodbye first. Someone offered me a cola which was abruptly shut down by everyone else and I was told to go visit TD. Being the brainless conformist that I am I ventured there and my life was never the same.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
SeriousQuiche at 7:04PM, Feb. 12, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
I went for the Hello/Goodbye first. Someone offered me a cola which was abruptly shut down by everyone else and I was told to go visit TD. Being the brainless conformist that I am I ventured there and my life was never the same.

No one who ventured in there was ever the same…*sigh* So many hours…I could have spent doing something else.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:28PM
subcultured at 7:12PM, Feb. 12, 2009
(online)
i cant believe i've wasted 7 years of my life with you people ^_^
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
usedbooks at 10:07PM, Feb. 12, 2009
(online)
I have a strong fear of internet communities. I just wanted a host for my comic to share with my parents and friends, so I uploaded that and avoided the forums for a few months.

My first post was in Hello/Goodbye – when I had the nerve to do so. Mostly, I presented myself as the insecure pile of goo that I am, and despite that, everyone who replied was pretty welcoming and nice.

After that, I lurked, got a feeling for the place.

Then I joined up a couple threads in comic discussion and art/literature. I didn't and don't *start* threads much or at all. When I do, it tends to be a stupid idea anyway and doesn't get replies.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:37PM
martinlo_23 at 1:18PM, Feb. 13, 2009
(offline)
What happened to the TD?Why everyone laments about it?
Product Placement at 1:51PM, Feb. 13, 2009
(online)
martinlo_23

Teeheehee… He doesn't know….

It was a category in this forum where flaming was basically allowed. One day the moderators got sick of it and killed it.

It has partially lived on over here. And there are to date, two comics that I know of that's inspired of it.

This one, which is older and has stopped updating. Accurately shows you the experience that was happening there. The Top Drawer

And this one (which is awesome) depicts many of the biggest names in TD as high school students and the drama we had in TD is represented there. TD High
Interestingly enough, the discussion that inspired the comic lives on in Networking & Community projects, right here!
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:50PM
crocty at 2:16PM, Feb. 13, 2009
(offline)
If your first post was in “Help! How do I…”, you have a problem with the website or the forums, you wanted to ask there and hope we'd try to answer. (If it's a question about an art or non-site subject, you would try TIPS AND TRICKS!)
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:52AM
Custard Trout at 2:19PM, Feb. 13, 2009
(offline)
crocty
If your first post was in “Help! How do I…”, you have a problem with the website or the forums, you wanted to ask there and hope we'd try to answer.

Said answer would consist of an admin telling you that it's a known bug and they do anything about it.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:01PM
Inkmonkey at 2:34PM, Feb. 13, 2009
(offline)
ozoneocean
Elija and Azzu

No one ever does manage to spell Azuu's name right…

Ahem, anyway, I'm in pretty much the same boat as Ozone: I joined this site so long ago that I can't remember at all where I first posted, and there's really no way to check since the site's gone through a few transformations since then. Odds are it was General Discussion, though, since we didnt' really have that many different forums in the beginning.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:00PM
martinlo_23 at 4:44PM, Feb. 13, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
martinlo_23

It was a category in this forum where flaming was basically allowed. One day the moderators got sick of it and killed it.

It has partially lived on over here. And there are to date, two comics that I know of that's inspired of it.

This one, which is older and has stopped updating. Accurately shows you the experience that was happening there. The Top Drawer

And this one (which is awesome) depicts many of the biggest names in TD as high school students and the drama we had in TD is represented there. TD High
Interestingly enough, the discussion that inspired the comic lives on in Networking & Community projects, right here!

O…M…F…G…Oh!The horrors!Good thing I never entered in it!Ohhhhhhhhhhh!
seventy2 at 7:05PM, Feb. 13, 2009
(online)
martinlo_23
Product Placement
martinlo_23

O…M…F…G…Oh!The horrors!Good thing I never entered in it!Ohhhhhhhhhhh!

hey…that first one aint too bad…you should check it out…

but also be carefull of discusiion of this…you could end up missing….or locked…or…worse…
facara

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon