Comic Talk and General Discussion *

In the even of a zombie apocalypse, what would YOU do?
Ozoneocean at 9:19AM, Oct. 17, 2009
(online)
ERasER
Been planning this for ages
This is what worries me.

Zombies are made up. You people are insane. @_____@

AAnd baseball bats? HA A poofy weapon.
Get a cricket bat! It's like a wooden broadsword.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:35PM
crocty at 9:30AM, Oct. 17, 2009
(offline)
seventy2
They say that humans only use a fraction of their strength, because using full strength would highly damage them, but recoverable. now, however, zombies don't have that subconsious limit. so they'd be able to out perform any human. however, they can't do it all the time, cause they can't regenrate…
Oh that makes sense, cuz humans do have super strength, but they can only use it in desperate times.

okay I guess I'd just die~
I'm not really around much anymore, but here's my Tumblr, Twitter, and Deviantart. Also if you remember me from back when I was around, I'm sorry.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:53AM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 10:51AM, Oct. 17, 2009
(offline)
What would I do? I'll hope it's not a Left 4 Dead apocalypse.
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
ERasER at 10:58AM, Oct. 17, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
ERasER
Been planning this for ages
This is what worries me.

Damn, I didn't think of that ^^ - I could also embed the wicket into a zombie head!
BackSeat Gamers
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM
Product Placement at 11:21AM, Oct. 17, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Who said anything about us being sane?

Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:51PM
patrickdevine at 12:09PM, Oct. 17, 2009
(online)
ozoneocean
Do you have any idea how tough it'd be to find a cricket bat here? Baseball's our national pastime, never mind that the Japanese are better at it than us. Anyway, baseball bats are relatively easy to pick up and used by street thugs across the country.
Not to say that Shaun didn't look badass while wielding a cricket bat.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:41PM
ERasER at 12:11PM, Oct. 17, 2009
(online)
Product Placement
ozoneocean
Who said anything about us being sane?

Oh wow, Weregeeks. Love that comic, besides I'm not insane…BE prepared, it will happen!!
BackSeat Gamers
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM
imshard at 12:22PM, Oct. 17, 2009
(offline)
Barricading and holing up is a bad idea, invariably you'll run out of supplies.
No instead I'd get myself to the river and load up on a barge and make for the American waterway system. Little known fact you can get almost anywhere by small barge and a significant portion of trans continental trade flows with the water. A whole class of hobos and tramps live by hoping barges, pilfering supplies. That would only become easier once the other barges are mostly abandoned, or full of other survivors who might be looking to trade and you have your own vessel to operate from. Why? Because zombies suck at swimming and if you're cautious the worst they could do is scratch at your boat.
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:59PM
ParkerFarker at 3:12PM, Oct. 17, 2009
(online)
imshard, I never even thought about barging around in the zombie apocalypse. It sounds like a genious plan! zombies can't swim every knows that… it's a perfect defence against the undead!

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:39PM
mlai at 5:19PM, Oct. 17, 2009
(online)
Even though zombies are instinctively driven to consume your brains… I don't think it actually does them any good (in terms of “nutrition” ). I think no matter how much zombies eat, they will “starve” just as fast as hungry zombies.

At least the Romero zombies. Virus-infected “living” zombies (the ones that run) are a different story.

So anyways, you only have to survive the ZA for a while, until all the zombies have burned through all their internal supply of calories (most likely donated by the bacterial mass eating through the zombies' disposable innards). It may take a little longer than expected, because new victims become new zombies. Also zombies may “hibernate” while waiting for fresh meat to pass by. But eventually decomposition and scavenging animals/insects take care of everything.

Congo Africans probably have nothing to fear. The wild hyenas/jackals/vultures will take care of everything. Unless animals are infected too, in which case they're screwed.

Romero zombies are basically just a Deux Ex device to clear out urban centers so that Mother Earth can heal itself. Human zombies are practically zero threat for primitive societies living in the wild. Amazonian, Alaskan, Tibetan, and Australian natives are guaranteed to survive, once they figure out what's going on with their newly dead.

Anyone remember the old indie comics Zombie Wars?

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
worldwillshout at 5:29PM, Oct. 17, 2009
(offline)
-Go to Costco.
-Kill old people, jerks and whores.
-Eat Costco pizza before it goes bad.
-Sleep on Costco beds and stuff.
-Do a bunch of random crap.

In the even that food runs out or zombies break in.

-hide in store room and down a bunch of pain killers with the last bottle of IBC root beer I was saving for this very occasion.
Cupcakes are the Devil!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
ParkerFarker at 8:44PM, Oct. 17, 2009
(online)
worldwillshout
-hide in store room and down a bunch of pain killers with the last bottle of IBC root beer I was saving for this very occasion.
root beer tastes like medicine. I'd rather die than live off the stuff.

But costco would be a great place to stay in. All the giant shelves that you can climb up and make a little house in like in Employee of The Month. Almost endless supplies of food that would sustain you throughout the entire zompocalypse. It would be a good place to be… to bad there aren't any in australia…

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
seventy2 at 8:46PM, Oct. 17, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
worldwillshout

But costco would be a great place to stay in. All the giant shelves that you can climb up and make a little house in like in Employee of The Month. Almost endless supplies of food that would sustain you throughout the entire zompocalypse. It would be a good place to be… to bad there aren't any in australia…

are we assumming the power continues to run?
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
ParkerFarker at 9:34PM, Oct. 17, 2009
(online)
seventy2
ParkerFarker
worldwillshout

are we assumming the power continues to run?

Well probably not I'm guessing. So the frozen foods section would not be a good place to eat at.

Sea_Cow at 10:21PM, Oct. 17, 2009
(offline)
I would walk/run faster than the zombies.
I am so happy to finally be back home
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:27PM
Lonnehart at 11:20PM, Oct. 17, 2009
(online)
I'm glad he's talking about the slow shuffling zombies and not the ones from the old movie LifeForce. Those zombies don't eat brains. Instead they draw out your life force… literally! And they only need to be a few feet away to do it. In the movie most of London was lifeforce zombified thanks to some space vampires that some astronauts had awoken…

I don't understand the so called “Romero” Zombies. There's no curse? No disease? Nothing that causes the zombification? So if you simply die for any reason you become one???
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
ParkerFarker at 3:19AM, Oct. 18, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
I don't understand the so called “Romero” Zombies. There's no curse? No disease? Nothing that causes the zombification? So if you simply die for any reason you become one???

radiation.

Lonnehart at 3:46AM, Oct. 18, 2009
(online)
ParkerFarker
Lonnehart

radiation.

Wow… the U.S. Army must've really fumbled that bomb…

Anyways, I'm still more afraid of a catastrophe caused by the Twilight vampires than I am of an apocalypse caused by Romero zombies… :)
mlai at 8:22AM, Oct. 18, 2009
(online)
Why? Would you rather become a mindless zombie, or a pale emo sparkly vampire forever in high school and mobbed by screaming teenage fangirls?

Hmm…… I have to weigh that for a minute…

seventy2 at 9:10AM, Oct. 18, 2009
(online)
after hurricane Katrina, i had to clean out a grocery store that had lost it's power. my god it was horrendous. it was only 2 days afterwards, and all the spoiled milk and etc was horrible. i'll live close to a grocery store, but that wont be my hideout.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:30PM
PIT_FACE at 9:11AM, Oct. 18, 2009
(online)
Lonnehart
ParkerFarker
Lonnehart

radiation.

Wow… the U.S. Army must've really fumbled that bomb…

Anyways, I'm still more afraid of a catastrophe caused by the Twilight vampires than I am of an apocalypse caused by Romero zombies… :)

the radiation actually comes from a satelite that returns from outer space. ya find outa bout it in the original Night of the Living Dead.
but i agree with you here. even my vast hordes of ravenous yet loyal undead fear and are boggled by thesef riggin packs of Twilight fans!BAGH!

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
patrickdevine at 12:13PM, Oct. 18, 2009
(online)
mlai
Why? Would you rather become a mindless zombie, or a pale emo sparkly vampire forever in high school and mobbed by screaming teenage fangirls?

I guess now that you put it that way if I have to be a Twilight vampire I could at least be a different kind of Twilight vampire. Like one that runs around kicking zombie ass. As far as I understand if I'm a Twilight vampire I'm pretty much indestructible and thus impossible to zombify. Apparently I won't even combust when the sun comes up. The drawback is that I'm sparkly but that might not be so noticeable if I stop bathing.
mlai at 4:24PM, Oct. 18, 2009
(online)
@ Patrickdevine:
Did you just manage to think up a actually worthy sequel for the Twilight franchise?

PIT_FACE at 5:16PM, Oct. 18, 2009
(online)
mlai
@ Patrickdevine:
Did you just manage to think up a actually worthy sequel for the Twilight franchise?

what? that he became a vampire that didnt bathe?

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:45PM
Product Placement at 5:17PM, Oct. 18, 2009
(online)
patrickdevine
mlai

I guess now that you put it that way if I have to be a Twilight vampire I could at least be a different kind of Twilight vampire. Like one that runs around kicking zombie ass. As far as I understand if I'm a Twilight vampire I'm pretty much indestructible and thus impossible to zombify. Apparently I won't even combust when the sun comes up. The drawback is that I'm sparkly but that might not be so noticeable if I stop bathing.
mlai
@ Patrickdevine:
*cough*
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Lonnehart at 6:23PM, Oct. 18, 2009
(online)
SSSHHH!!!! Don't give those producers any ideas!!! >:-(
worldwillshout at 7:24PM, Oct. 18, 2009
(offline)
seventy2
after hurricane Katrina, i had to clean out a grocery store that had lost it's power. my god it was horrendous. it was only 2 days afterwards, and all the spoiled milk and etc was horrible. i'll live close to a grocery store, but that wont be my hideout.

Well I now know what to throw at the zombies while I am on the roof of Costco…two day perishable zombie bombs!
Cupcakes are the Devil!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
patrickdevine at 9:29AM, Oct. 19, 2009
(online)
mlai
@ Patrickdevine:
Probably not. A story about a vampire that goes around killing zombies but not really any vampire stuff might get pretty boring after a while.
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 6:01PM, Oct. 19, 2009
(online)
I'd take over the local CostCo. It has plenty of food, water, seeds, soil and it even sells portable generators. There are only a few exits and entrances. No windows. All Exits and entrances have metal doors and even steal link fences and gun safes that could be moved to help fortify them. They have a nice flat roof for the soil and seeds to start a crop.

There is a Ace's hardware just across the street. There is a barn & noble on the corner if we ever need a book or when its all over to relearn things that will probably be lost otherwise.

While I'm doing this friends are raiding gun shops around town and heading towards me.

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
Product Placement at 6:36PM, Oct. 19, 2009
(online)
patrickdevine
mlai
@ Patrickdevine:Did you just manage to think up a actually worthy sequel for the Twilight franchise?
Probably not. A story about a vampire that goes around killing zombies but not really any vampire stuff might get pretty boring after a while.
*Cough!*
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon