Comic Talk and General Discussion *

In the even of a zombie apocalypse, what would YOU do?
worldwillshout at 9:50PM, Oct. 19, 2009
(offline)
TheFlyingGreenMonkey
I'd take over the local CostCo. It has plenty of food, water, seeds, soil and it even sells portable generators. There are only a few exits and entrances. No windows. All Exits and entrances have metal doors and even steal link fences and gun safes that could be moved to help fortify them. They have a nice flat roof for the soil and seeds to start a crop.

There is a Ace's hardware just across the street. There is a barn & noble on the corner if we ever need a book or when its all over to relearn things that will probably be lost otherwise.

While I'm doing this friends are raiding gun shops around town and heading towards me.

See this guy knows what i'm talking about!
Cupcakes are the Devil!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
TheFlyingGreenMonkey at 10:34PM, Oct. 19, 2009
(online)

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:18PM
Aurora Moon at 12:40PM, Oct. 20, 2009
(offline)
Product Placement
This is what defines a Romero Zombie.
* Newly dead corpses reanimated by radiation, chemicals, viruses, sorcery or acts of God
* Human, although some depictions include zombie animals
* Very strong, but not very fast or agile
* Impervious to pain and able to function after sustaining extreme physical damage
* Invulnerable to injury, except for decapitation or destruction of the brain
* Relentlessly driven to kill and eat
* Afraid of fire and bright lights

If it's sorcery that caused the zombies, then I can develop an plan to find out who originally did the spells that summoned the zombies and caused the ZA.
Basically I would pass on the information that it was Voodoo or sorcery that caused it once I found out, to the other survivors out there. so that we could all pinpoint where the fucker held responsible for the whole Zombie out was at when it started.
Then if that stupid fucker was still alive, then I question him/her on how he/she did the spells, etc…. and then kill him/her. If the leader/summoner is dead then theoretically ALL zombies everywhere should drop dead if there is no longer somebody for them to follow.
But if they don't, then I'm going to use the information that I tortured out of the leader/summoner on how to stop the zombies, to make every single one literally drop dead.

Then just like that, the ZA would be over.

If it's radiation, chemicals, and or viruses….. well, that's a little bit tricky…but in the end I'd probably offer to try to guard the smart guys. you know, the scientists, doctors, etc who humanity would need to find a way to become immune to that kind of thing. I don't know about you, but I'd definitely want an zombie vaccine.

If it's acts of god, then well… we're all fucked no matter what we do!
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
Draven_Xero at 3:57PM, Oct. 20, 2009
(offline)
Well…I guess I'd probably bring out my arsenal of blades and try to make my way to a place I could get some guns'n'ammo, and probably have a field day takin down zombies up until they finally overwhelmed me and added me to their numbers…
Beyond that, I'd probably be just like any other zombie. Sayin' it like this does make it sound kinda pathetic, but in reality, it's something I've thought about at great length, and this is pretty much the ou8tcome I forsee for me in a zombie apocalypse. Should be fun till they take me down, at least, and a guhy can't ask for much more than that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:16PM
PPPchairman at 8:25AM, Oct. 21, 2009
(online)
I live in a small ass town with two cemetaries and the east and west side and a morgue in the northern section. So when the zombies hit everyone's pretty much screwed. The only thing that gives me hope is I live close enough to Wal-mart (the only place here with food nd guns) to take it over (yes I have the fire power)If I can manage this I'm gonna find a school bus or a van and convert it into one of those deathmobiles like in the new Dawn of the Dead. After that move to Canada start a farm, and just shoot whatever frozen zombies come my way.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
kyupol at 9:48AM, Oct. 21, 2009
(online)
try as best I can to wake up the zombies.

There's lots of them already.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Freegurt at 9:34AM, Oct. 22, 2009
(online)
I actually had this conversation with my little and older brother and a few friends.

And this is what would happen:
My older brother, would get a rifle, and a pistol (he already has a shotgun). And the rifle is for picking off zombies from afar, while the shotgun is for closer contact, and the pistol is the last resort if the zombies get even closer.

My little brother would hide in a hole in the ground and the zombies would come and he'd get trapped and die on the first day.
His friends would chill out in the tunnel that they secretly dug under the streets between our house and theirs.

And finally, I said that I'd tear off my shirt, bare my manly, hairy chest and wrastle the zombies into submission. I'd do choke holds and use the zombies as weapons against each other. My plan is best because it's the most awesome.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
Lonnehart at 9:59AM, Oct. 22, 2009
(online)
Freegurt
I'd do choke holds and use the zombies as weapons against each other.

I doubt choke holds would do anything to them except to immobilize them. Using them as weapons sounds like a great idea though. Simply beat them to “re-death” with their own arm.

Of course if you need a sledgehammer I've got a few spares. I've got a lot of machetes too… :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:39PM
The Gravekeeper at 12:22PM, Oct. 22, 2009
(offline)
In the beginning, since there a nice valley here with steep hills and a big river, I'd try to get other people to help me round up all the local zombies and push them in. There'd be big fishing nets at intervals along the river to catch any that fall in it, and a light to moderate patrol could easily keep any others from climbing back out.

Failing that, I'd probably attempt to either meet up with my family (Dad was in the army, as were many of his friends) or go nomadic. In either case, I'd have to put my dear geckos down if this occured in any season other than summer since the climate would be just too harsh on them.

I'm not going into my full plan since I've discussed this exact issue over at this site: http://www.fvza.org/

Plus, there's always the Zombie Survival Guide, which seems pretty thorough. A little off at times, but thorough.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:14PM
imshard at 6:13AM, Oct. 23, 2009
(offline)
Lonnehart
Freegurt
I'd do choke holds and use the zombies as weapons against each other.

I doubt choke holds would do anything to them except to immobilize them. Using them as weapons sounds like a great idea though. Simply beat them to “re-death” with their own arm.

Of course if you need a sledgehammer I've got a few spares. I've got a lot of machetes too… :)

Rigorous testing and simulation has shown that the Lobotomizer or “Lobo” for short (a part axe, part shovel club, pictured below) is the ideal melee weapon for Zombies. The common Gordon Freeman style crowbar being a solid second place winner.

The Common Lobo

Example crowbar
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:59PM
Faliat at 7:20AM, Oct. 23, 2009
(offline)
Since I live in Britain where guns are illegal and therefore quite hard to get, if there's any shops with weaponry there's a high chance everybody else would already be there and willing to kill you if you try to take their shit.

I found this litle program thing a few years ago in which it simulated a zombie apocalypse. And you know that I realised?

The more people there are in an area, the more people a disease affects.

However, based ont he descriptions made in various zombie media, the zombies go back to a “primal state”. And even though they're of the same kind, that would mean that the zombies would still be competing with each other for food. And would probably kill another zombie first so that they can get to you trouble free.

However, two really slow dead people fighting would probably take forever and in that time you will be able to escape.

For shelter I suggest a Costco. Think about it! They have everything you could possibly need. Not to mention that if you push some stuff off the high shelves you can crush zombies down below ad well as sleep up there since it would take some effort for them to get up there.

And failing that, you can barricade yourself inside one of their massive treehouses on display.

Hell, you can get an entire COMMUNITY of people living inside a Costco!

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
imshard at 9:50AM, Oct. 23, 2009
(offline)
Assuming you could secure and maintain a Costco or other shopping center, against everybody else that seems to be doing the same, you WILL run out of food and water, and the undead horde WILL overrun you eventually. Find a way to stay mobile.
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:59PM
Faliat at 6:05PM, Oct. 24, 2009
(offline)
Why else would I say everybody go to a costco?

While everybody's going for there I'll be headed for the mersey docks, jumping on the then abandoned amphibious boat tours and getting the FUCK OUT OF LIVERPOOL!

Either that or I'll live up in the rafters of the Echo Arena. Surviving off the produce of the food stalls for the latest show.

Basically, the cinema idea. Only more funny and sensible since zombies + ice = corpses skidding about like Bambi.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
ERasER at 5:35AM, Nov. 2, 2009
(online)
Freegurt
And finally, I said that I'd tear off my shirt, bare my manly, hairy chest and wrastle the zombies into submission. I'd do choke holds and use the zombies as weapons against each other. My plan is best because it's the most awesome.
That is the best zombie retaliation plan ever!
BackSeat Gamers
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:22PM
worldwillshout at 7:36AM, Nov. 2, 2009
(offline)
I'd also wanna raid a Sam Ash for choice bass guitars…decisions, decisions.
Cupcakes are the Devil!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon