Media Megaforum

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
jalford at 4:26PM, Feb. 14, 2008
(online)
It technically should be “Indiana Jones 3”, because Temple Of Doom was a prequal to Raiders. Last Crusade was the actual “ID2”. Otherwise, Star Wars: Episodes 1-3 would be Episodes 6-9.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
lastcall at 4:41PM, Feb. 14, 2008
(offline)
VegaX
The teaser trailer was released today (feb14). A lot of fun. :)

Teaser:
http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/indianajones.html

Crap, someone beat me to it! I just found it out a second ago myself, LOL

Official website

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
mlai at 7:51PM, Feb. 14, 2008
(online)
The Last Crusade was good because River Phoenix and Sean Connery were in it.

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:06PM
TitanOne at 8:34PM, Feb. 16, 2008
(offline)
kingofsnake
Maybe they're just lulling me into a false sense of security so I'll go into Indy 4 with high hopes only for them to be dashed upon the rocks of a fifty year old indiana jones.

FIFTY? He was pushing fifty in Last Crusade! He's 65 now.

The teaser preview looks very good, although I'd like to see less F/X and more dialogue shots. If the film is larded down with CGI and fiery explosions, and has little meaningful–or witty–dialogue, it's not going to work. What made Raiders come to life in the past was the chemistry between the characters and the script, not stand-alone special effects.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
lastcall at 4:47AM, Feb. 17, 2008
(offline)
TitanOne
I'd like to see less F/X and more dialogue shots. If the film is larded down with CGI and fiery explosions, and has little meaningful–or witty–dialogue, it's not going to work. What made Raiders come to life in the past was the chemistry between the characters and the script, not stand-alone special effects.

That's movies nowadays for ya. Less dialogue and more FX…which is why I've walked out of the theatre on almost every movie I've gone to lately. It's like Hollywood thinks they can sooth our brains with big explosions. (sigh)
ozoneocean at 5:16AM, Feb. 17, 2008
(online)

in that preview I only counted two explosions. Both obviously CG, the first a really obvious fake. But appart from that it just seems like a whole lot of fake looking stunts lol!

But then, certain kinds of movies have always been loaded with fake looking stunts no matter how they were virtualised. It would be nice to see a preview that shows what the movie's about though… Looks like French soldiers, South American pyramids and tribespeople…?

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
phantasmagraph at 9:50AM, Feb. 17, 2008
(offline)
Someone
It would be nice to see a preview that shows what the movie's about though… Looks like French soldiers, South American pyramids and tribespeople…?

They're trying to keep most of the major details of the movie a secret until the movie actually premieres, but the internet age has made it virtually impossible to keep the plot points of a majorily anticipated movie a secret. I won't spoil anything i've heard here, but whatever you want to know about this movie you can probably find out rather easily.

For me, i'm just excited to see Dr. Jones back in action. It's been too long.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
TitanOne at 10:00AM, Feb. 17, 2008
(offline)
ozoneocean
in that preview I only counted two explosions. Both obviously CG, the first a really obvious fake. But appart from that it just seems like a whole lot of fake looking stunts lol!

But then, certain kinds of movies have always been loaded with fake looking stunts no matter how they were virtualised. It would be nice to see a preview that shows what the movie's about though… Looks like French soldiers, South American pyramids and tribespeople…?

The title characters are most important to me–I think that's why the Classic Trek films from the 80s worked so well. The little scenes between old friends (and old enemies) are what's important–what makes the adventure exciting. You don't have to blow p the whole galaxy to get the audience's attention.

Why isn't Marion Ravenwood in the trailer? Where's the witty dialogue between the actors? Why is Indy saying “It's not as easy as it used to be?” (I thought it was never easy?) And then they cut to another scene? Why do they allude to Roswell, NM without showing it?

The audience has seen a millon CGI explosions and rumbling rocks. I hope it's a good film, but I don't like the trailer.

They need to hire whoever edited The Dark Knight's trailer to tinker with this one. That was a good trailer–it raised audience expectations, even before Ledger's untimely death.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:30PM
ozoneocean at 11:47PM, Feb. 17, 2008
(online)
Yep, Exactly. The stunts actually put me off more than anything. The best bit of the preview was the scene from Raiders. LOL!

kingofsnake at 8:29AM, Feb. 19, 2008
(online)
Why is Indy more nimble now than he was twenty years ago? I don't remember him swinging around like spiderman back in the Temple of Doom…wait, thats because he DIDN'T swing around like spiderman in Temple of Doom. Because he couldn't. Because no one could. Because it's stupid.

hmmmmmmm
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
ozoneocean at 1:44PM, Feb. 20, 2008
(online)
kingofsnake
Because no one could. Because it's stupid.
So very true. Man, I wouldn't even get Pinky to do something like that in my comic… and in comics anything's possible and easy to do.

Ocka at 11:09PM, Feb. 20, 2008
(offline)
Personally… I'm happy it has Nazi's >.>

For me..Nazis in movies never get old…. but thats just me.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:20PM
mlai at 7:10AM, Feb. 21, 2008
(online)
Not Nazis. KGB.

ozoneocean at 7:23AM, Feb. 21, 2008
(online)
Wahh? KGB are boring… no fancy uniforms… They weren't founded utill the 1950s, so does that mean this film's set in the 50s? gahhh…

Ziffy88 at 10:43PM, Feb. 21, 2008
(offline)
But really I'm sick of seeing Nazis on the screen. It's more like why the Nazis? We've seen them a hundred of times before we get it they're evil. Try something else so yeah why not the 1950s I like it for that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
mlai at 5:41AM, Feb. 22, 2008
(online)
Indy needs to fight SPECTRE. Yeah…

Hawk at 1:26PM, Feb. 22, 2008
(online)
jalford
It technically should be “Indiana Jones 3”, because Temple Of Doom was a prequal to Raiders.

Really?! Jeez, all these years and I had no idea they were in that order.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
lastcall at 5:05PM, Feb. 22, 2008
(offline)
If you wanna get really in-depth with Indy, try The Indy Experience.com. This guy is obsessed with Junior.
jalford at 4:00AM, May 4, 2008
(online)
Apparently alot of the movie deals with Area 51. So, Indy's fighting aliens now?
lastcall at 5:12AM, May 4, 2008
(offline)
Quite honestly, after seeing the latest preview/trailer of Indy they stuck onto Iron Man, I really don't want to see this Indy movie. It looks, well, really dumb. The same old song and dance, only now Indy's a hell of a lot older.

They're not spending any time on the trailers–not trying to make them interesting at all–because they're banking on the fact that it's Indiana Jones, and people will go see this movie and make them a lot of money. And that's probably going to be the case. …Just like Star Wars. People didn't care that Eps. I through III sucked balls. They went in droves anyway and Lucas sat there laughing, rolling in cash. …..But I'm not going to be one of those people. I'm not going to give Lucas and Speilberg my hard-earned cash. …Especially not Lucas. After what he did to Star Wars, he can kiss my arse.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
shaneronzio at 7:24AM, May 4, 2008
(online)
Man, Seeing that Indy trailer before Iron Man…It LOOKS AWESOME.
can't wait to see the Legend ride again.
Indiana Jones fights the Commies!
how cool is that!

I'll be there.

I got a kick ass poster from the Pittsburgh comicon also with Indiana Jones preview stuff on it.

My Opinion is biased because he was my hero growing up.

Han Solo…the Nazi Fighting archaeologist.
that is like the coolest shit on the planet.
Current Project:CROSS WORLDS NEXUS
Updates Monday, Wenzday & FRIDAY
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:33PM
lastcall at 8:19AM, May 4, 2008
(offline)
shaneronzio
how cool is that!

I disagree. (see my previous post) If they want me to show up at the theaters, they need to work harder on those trailers. I think it looks downright lame. It looks like they're not even finished with post-production yet….and it opens in two weeks.

Compared to great trailers like Prince Caspian and WALL-E, I'm disappointed with Indy. That's just my opinion, though.

Yeah, I'm an Indy fan, too. But I personally think they need to leave him alone. Harrison Ford is just too old for that role now. Let Indy be, dammit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
jalford at 1:46PM, May 4, 2008
(online)
After the last few Lucas & Speiberg movies, their recent track record ain't so great as far as quality storylines go.
shaneronzio at 8:35AM, May 7, 2008
(online)
lastcall
shaneronzio
how cool is that!

I disagree. (see my previous post) If they want me to show up at the theaters, they need to work harder on those trailers. I think it looks downright lame. It looks like they're not even finished with post-production yet….and it opens in two weeks.

Compared to great trailers like Prince Caspian and WALL-E, I'm disappointed with Indy. That's just my opinion, though.

Yeah, I'm an Indy fan, too. But I personally think they need to leave him alone. Harrison Ford is just too old for that role now. Let Indy be, dammit.

In my opinion, they are doing the right thing by Not showing too much in the trailer.
kingofsnake at 12:21PM, May 7, 2008
(online)
lastcall
…Just like Star Wars. People didn't care that Eps. I through III sucked balls.

I disagree with this statement. As someone that never gave a damn about any of the star wars movies, I thought episodes 1-3 were of comprable story quality as 4-6. When people are so fanatical about that kind of thing, no matter how good the new movies are people are going to still find things not to like about them. I thought all the star wars movies were equally mediocre.

After the last few Lucas & Speiberg movies, their recent track record ain't so great as far as quality storylines go.

The last five speilberg movies were Munich, War of the Worlds, The Terminal, Catch Me If You Can, and Minority Report. How is that a bad track record? I'd say four of those five movies had great storylines.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
jalford at 4:27AM, May 8, 2008
(online)
They still sucked (just like skoolmunkee).
isukun at 9:23AM, May 8, 2008
(online)
I thought all the star wars movies were equally mediocre.

I have to disagree there. Although I don't really let nostalgia blind my judgment in that one. I still think the original Star Wars had all the same failings as the new trilogy. It wasn't until he took a back seat with Empire and Jedi that the movies seemed to have better writing and direction. People like to clump the three films together, but the way I see it, you get all the same cheesy dialog in Star Wars as you do in the new trilogy, plus Lucas seems to have some serious problems getting good performances out of his cast. It isn't a matter of Lucas deteriorating over time, the problems always existed there. Lucas is an idea man, but he's not a strong writer or director. Projects tend to suffer when he takes a more active role in things.

I have to agree with kingofsnake about Spielberg, though. He's primarily a director and usually a pretty good judge of quality when it comes to scripts. His writing credits in recent years seem to be limited to video games, primarily, and the movie AI, which I think he realized was a bit of a disaster. After the ET fiasco, you didn't see him altering any of his other classic films to make them more “family friendly”. I think he is more in touch with his fan base than a lot of people give him credit for and one of the few directors who actually tries to work within his limitations rather than just assuming he's a god with a camera.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
shaneronzio at 8:49AM, May 9, 2008
(online)
Last nite, I bought the new Indiana jones toy for my daughter(…who is 5…and really is more interested in barbie, but, hey what ever…) and…it is a well made toy…which is surpriseing.

usually movie merch(other than starwars) sucks.

So, if you want to find out more about the movie…go read the toy boxes.
It looks decent.

Still, my opinion is clouded by hero worship.

skoolmunkee at 10:56AM, May 9, 2008
(online)
I was all prepared to go as soon as it came out but now I hear it doesn't have Nazis in it? Hm…. it's not Indiana Jones without Nazis, is it?

I think I'll wait for some reviews to come through. I still intend to see it, but maybe I'll wait for DVD. If I go see an Indiana Jones movie I'll want it to be witty and have bad guys I can hate (and some main characters I can hate too)
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
isukun at 11:24PM, May 9, 2008
(online)
There weren't any Nazis in the Temple of Doom.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved