Comic Talk and General Discussion *

Is it in bad taste to add a ton of friends?
Ironscarfs Ghost at 4:27AM, Nov. 6, 2008
(offline)
Puff_Of_Smoke
I actually have a list of people to avoid. If you friend me and I don't know you, you're on the list. I don't read any person-on-the-list's comic.
You have a list of people to avoid? That sounds obsessively wierd to me: you're going on my list right away!
Er……..boo!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
Puff_Of_Smoke at 8:08AM, Nov. 6, 2008
(offline)
Ironscarfs Ghost
Puff_Of_Smoke
I actually have a list of people to avoid. If you friend me and I don't know you, you're on the list. I don't read any person-on-the-list's comic.
You have a list of people to avoid? That sounds obsessively wierd to me: you're going on my list right away!
:D
I
I have a gun. It's really powerful. Especially against living things.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM
kyupol at 9:51AM, Nov. 6, 2008
(online)
mike_mcpeeper
…even if you do not know them? Because I want to promote my comic, but there isn't much I can do. I looked at a thread asking how to promote a person's comic and a member said they just added 1000 friends. This seems like a good idea but it seems kind of desperate. What do you think?

Whats wrong about making friends?

we all need some love. lol!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Faliat at 12:30PM, Nov. 6, 2008
(offline)
There's been two instances in which I've been friended by members whose comics I've already faved.

I have a couple of ideas to try and get my work seen more, but they aren't really priorities considering for some weird reason I'm in the top 2000 stories occasionally with one of mine and it's not got any proper updated pages yet. I think all I really need to do right now is churn out some good quality intros and that ranking will go up.

Though it might have something to do with the fact that two of my comics are the only A-rated manga-esque sci-fi horror stories I can find here.

Maybe I'm filling in a niche? I dunno… But it's none the less amusing.

Call that jumped up metal rod a knife?
Watch mine go straight through a kevlar table, and if it dunt do the same to a certain gaixan's skull in my immediate vicinity after, I GET A F*****G REFUND! BUKKO, AH?!

- Rekkiy (NerveWire)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
harkovast at 5:45AM, Nov. 8, 2008
(online)
I just friended everyone I talk too, or whose comic interests me, or who says something I think is funny etc.
So far I've had quite a few people thank me for adding them, so they seemed happy about it.
Also, if someone really doesn't want to be friends (anti-social gits!) they dont have to add me as one of their friends. If anyone was really irritated by it I would take them off if they asked, though it seems a bit unlikely that they would.
The fact is- it's nice to feel popular!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
Starbraces at 2:32PM, Nov. 8, 2008
(offline)
You know, I USED to think that adding abunch of people as friends that you didn't know was kinda tasteless. But… who the hell cares? It's online, no one gives a fuck anyhow. At least not me. I let people add me. I see nothing great in it. As long as they don't bitch about “Why didn't you adz me!?!!?????” I'm happy
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:57PM
harkovast at 3:27PM, Nov. 8, 2008
(online)
Starbraces, based on that last post, I'll add you as my friend!

For more Harkovast related goings on, go to the Harkovast Forum
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:42PM
TheMidge28 at 1:56PM, Nov. 9, 2008
(online)
I have never added someone with the intent of spamming or having some one read my comic.
Most of the people I have added, orginally added me.
So I am not going to judge why they added me even if it was in an attempt to read their comic. I will check it out and if seems to appeal to me I'll add it to my favorites to follow.
Otherwise its just an add for a new friend whether there is any merit to that or not.
Its the internet, is there ever any merit?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
Agham at 3:13AM, Nov. 10, 2008
(offline)
Only reasons I'd add someone on my friends list is that:

A- I read their comic, liked it and fav'd it,
B- If some kind of fun interaction happened between us, or
C- They add me first, cuz I don't wanna be rude. I wouldn't like it if the person I add doesn't add me back.

But in all honesty, if it's a “friends” list it should be treated as such, there should be some form of mutual consent that requires both to agree before a person can actually have someone else on their list.
I wouldn't care if you want me on your list, flattering if you ask me, but I should have a say in it, otherwise it can easily be used as an annoying method of publicity.
Aggie. solemnly
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:46AM
Tacster002 at 7:12PM, Nov. 10, 2008
(offline)
I usually get an impression from people by their page…if they friended me I get excited, but if I look on their page and see thousands of friends…the excitement becomes irritation. less is more, I guess, because when I'm one in a thousand, I feel more like a throwaway number than if I'm one in ten, where I feel like I actually meant something to someone.

I'll generally poke in a friender's comics to see if anything catches my eye, but if nothing does, I'll pass and let them be.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon