Debate and Discussion

Is it possible to hate your own blood?
Evil_Snuffkin at 4:10AM, June 25, 2007
(online)
How much would it take for you to generally despise your own family? Ms Fowley, who was abused between 1987 and 1995 by a paedophile group with the full knowledge of her mother, says that she still loves her.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/6230528.stm

Ms Fowley
“Of course I realise that my mother had to be brought to justice, but as a daughter I love her and when I heard her getting sentenced today I was gutted.

”From the start, from when I was a child, my whole life has been hell. Going through the trial has been hell, and today has been hell.

“I was totally gutted with what my mum was given, but at the end of the day it was a justified sentence. It was a victory, all of the sentences that were handed out.”

I have nothing to do with my Father's side of the family because I seen that they're nasty people. I can only say that I truly hate my grandmother because of the horrible comments she's made to me and my sisters and the horrendous things she's said to my single parent sister and the way she treated my dying Grandfather.

I don't know if I could actually hate my direct family though. Is it wrong for Fowley to still love her mother? How much is enough when it comes to platonic love?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:24PM
nighthawk41 at 7:53AM, June 25, 2007
(online)
I know a friend of mine who was raped as a child and she hates her father for it. Her father keeps trying to apoligize but she keeps refusing. While I haven't ever been raped or anything, I understand why she thinks that way, because that has to be life-altering.
My point is, sometimes it does make sense to hate your own family (and not in the typical emo “YOU NEVER LOVED ME” after the parents buying a bunch of expensive shit way). I'm sure if my dad raped me, I'd never want to even look at him again.
http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q258/nighthawk41/BodomBeachTerrorsig.png Edited by Admin.
Please make your sig either 250 x 100 or 468 x 60 pixels. Thankyou.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:16PM
Aurora Moon at 8:18AM, June 25, 2007
(offline)
I used to full-out hate my brother and basically have nothing but disain for him snice I'd just basically see him as this fat, greedy big snot who didn't think of others expect himselves. Espeically snice he'd hurt me in fights on serival occisons (nothing in the way of sexual abuse though, just some pyschical harm that I needed sitches for).

But now that we've lived apart outside of our parents' house, we've actually come to tolerate each other and actually start to get along very much better than we did in the past. I think it was just our immaturity/lack of understanding plus the fact that we lived in close quarters that was TOO close for us. I think the reason why we fought so violently back then was because we just needed our space, but our parents couldn't see that at all–they were all “The more we see each other, the more it fosters love and bonding for each other”… but it was basically the oppsite for me and my bro. Go figure.

I also don't love my real biological dad at all. I don't have ANY feelings for him at all. he was an big, fat drunk who didn't do anything. He didn't attempt to be an father at all… my mom and he got married after high school because it was “the right thing to do”, snice my mom was pregant with my older bro at the time. My mom really tried to make it work, but he honestly had no intention of working.. just living off my mom's money so that he could go to the bar instead of being at home watching me and my bro like he was supposed to!
So of course my mom dircovced him while me and my bro was still very young, and good riddance. I got an pretty good stepdad after all.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:10AM
maritalbliss at 11:15AM, June 25, 2007
(online)
I think it depends on the family. I haven't spoken to my older sister in almost twenty years. She's a bitch. I will never speak to her and if she ever shows her little weasley face, I will rearrange it for her. But, that's just my family. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:53PM
ZeroVX at 11:28AM, June 25, 2007
(online)
My little brother is such a pain in the ass. I would chalk it up to him just being a “little brother”, except he doesn't even realize half the time that what he's doing is pissing me off!

But, I suppose I can never really hate him. If he winds up getting in trouble, I'd probably help him out, even though I know I'd get killed.

Well, once, at least.
“If our own government was responsible for the deaths of almost 100,000 people…..would you really wanna know?”

V for Vendetta, V.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:58PM
TheTopHat at 7:44PM, June 25, 2007
(offline)
You can hate you own blood as easy as you can hate anyone eles, a lot of poeple though feel loyal to there family because their blood so they let them get off with more then they would with anyone eles. Im lucky to have a great partents to fall back on when i mess up and good brother and sisters as well but that dosn't mean that i've havn't wanted to hurt them before or think that a lot of the suff they do is bull or out right wong. But worse come to worse i'll kill and be killed for them.
Though if they did something as messed up as what that womans mum did i don't think i could forgive them.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:28PM
MagickLorelai at 7:54PM, June 25, 2007
(offline)
My mother did a lot of things that disappointed me, and things I only realized how damaging they were to me only after I got out of her home. I think it's EASY to hate someone for messing up, because it's a distancing factor: “I don't want to be associated with this”. I still struggle with the mistakes my mother made while raising me, but I've come to realize, they were just that: mistakes. She's human. She also did her best to raise me despite her own depression. So, I still love my mother, ALL of who she is. I just don't like some things about her.

Is it possible to hate your own blood? Absolutely. Ab-so-friggin-lutely. I did for a good lot of my life. As a matter of fact, the closer they are to you, the more likely you are to end up hating them if they betray you.

Yeah, there may be a few of us who can never hate our parents/family, not fully. I don't think of that as a detriment, though.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
marine at 12:47AM, June 26, 2007
(offline)
I got a brother in chicago I've never met and don't plan to.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:52PM
Custard Trout at 1:20AM, July 8, 2007
(offline)
I can't say I care for my father much, I don't hate him as such, but I won't shed a tear when he finally kicks the metaphorical bucket.
Hey buddy, you should be a Russian Cosmonaut, and here's why.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:59AM
deletedbyrequest03 at 11:19AM, July 8, 2007
(offline)
I know a few friends with abusive parents… Once one of them had a flashback, and she couldn't stop crying…

I felt horrible. People that abuse their family like that should go to hell. Or (as Custard Trout says) the metaphorical bucket.

Edit: I also forgot the question.

You CAN hate your own blood. I hate most of my family, actually. My family's kinda small, so that means one or two people. But still… If they were to die, I wouldn't give a fuck. But I wouldn't abuse them into a pulp. That's just messed up.

This year, school's full of BS!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:05PM
Phantom Penguin at 1:29PM, July 8, 2007
(offline)
I absolutly hate my Father. I didn't even go to his funeral.

So its very possible.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
TnTComic at 2:17PM, July 8, 2007
(offline)
Phantom Penguin
I absolutly hate my Father. I didn't even go to his funeral.

Way to go.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:31PM
Dark Clown at 4:18PM, Aug. 14, 2007
(online)
((Even though this topic is some what old. I still have to say this))

I think it is not only possible to hate your own blood. But also seek to rid your self of it.

I was beaten and abused until the age of 13 when I ran away. Abuse that led to 15 broken bones, both sides of my jaw shattered, burns on my body, (my mom's idea of ironing the cloths was to heat the iron up and use me as the ironing board.)Unnecessary medication that added to my blood problems, and the chemical burns on my face. (Again my mother taking it upon herself to force her Boy into the light of god. cuz I was quote “an Evil boy that needs god's love” end quote) every time a teacher would see a new scar or burn and alert the authorities my mother, father and siblings would all say that I was the one that did it my self. Leading to my first year in a psych ward.

So yeah I can see where a person can so totally hate ones own blood. Cuz I do, it's a hate that exists in every fiber of my body. I can tell you this. If I ever got the chance to see my family again. I would not hesitate in ridding the earth of them.

But that's just me.

Thank you for the opportunity to get this off my chest and express my views on this subject.

This Fluid feels like Pain, This stoic mood is all in vain.
I reach into the dark, I tear this other me apart.
How many years ago, How many deaths I can't let go.
My Flesh Is Temporary, My God Extraordinary.
You… can''t… Kill… My… MIND!!!!!

The War Will continue, Just on a different battle field
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:06PM
mapaghimagsik at 5:16PM, Aug. 14, 2007
(offline)
You can love someone, and still know they are flawed, sometimes fatally so. I've been fortunate enough not to have to deal with the experiences that many have listed, but I would like to think that even if a family member was something as horrible as a pedophile, I'd love the pieces there weren't, and see if there was something that could be done to help them live with their condition without hurting others.

That's a hell of a think to ask of someone though, and heartbreaking.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
warren at 6:44AM, Aug. 15, 2007
(offline)
You can hate your blood. Some of the horrible cases cited here show that these people's blood had no love for them in the first place.

Under normal circumstances, I'd say while you may have disagreements with your family you probably won't really hate them. You're with them for all the formative years of your life normally. Your parents are there the whole time, maybe a sibling or two comes along later.

But… if a person seems to take delight in hurting you hate is a perfectly normal emotion. In a way it can be a defense to protect you from more hurt.
Warren

On the Duck:
Title -updating! ~30 strips!
PAC -New! >10 strips.

Others:
Spare Change -updating! ~2000 strips!
Mass Production -hiatus. ~300 strips.

This guy does Piss Mario, Stick, and Filler!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved