Comic Talk, Tips and Tricks

Is this a good idea for a comic?
dime360 at 2:16PM, Nov. 17, 2008
(offline)
Hey DD, haven't posted in a long time but I feel like I should catch you up on some things and ask some things. I'm sure you all forgot but I am Dime360, I drew and wrote the comic, The Devils Of New York with my friend Joey, Joey left for work in Baghdad last year, he came back in July and was suffering from post traumatic stress disorder, so it was a tough couple of months filled with alcohol abuse and pill popping for Joey, I kinda stopped writing comics a long time ago when Joey left, it was kinda his thing and now, well now he could care less about comics, his inner nerd died in a way…. Anyway, I was kinda walking around and then I got this crazy idea, to draw a comic detailing his recovery form everything, I know it sounds crazy but this really appealed to me and I was kinda hoping for a second opinion from someone else whose experienced in the comic arts. Oh, and in case you wondering Joey is doing much better and it really isn't as bad as it sounds, I was in the army at oe point and things like these sound a lot worse than they really are, well in my experience anyway, but everyone handles it differently.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:11PM
kyupol at 2:23PM, Nov. 17, 2008
(offline)
sounds like a FANTASTIC idea.

Go for it.

It would be really interesting to see something like that from a soldier's perspective who has actually been in the front lines. And who suffers from PTSD.

I suggest though that the art style to use should be either realistic, marvel comics style, or manga. As those styles reach a broader audience.

Good luck on your project.
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
worstcase at 3:25PM, Nov. 17, 2008
(online)
I would definitely read that. It sounds very appealing to me, a little bit like Jacob's ladder but with a good ending.

Go for it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:51PM
thoththegrey at 4:55AM, Nov. 18, 2008
(offline)
It does sound like an interesting idea. Webcomic journalism is an emerging field. There was a comic, recently, that detailed the stories of people during Katrina in New Orleans. It was fascinating.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:29PM
Tacster002 at 4:57AM, Nov. 18, 2008
(offline)
as long as it doesn't drip off into angsty monologues (audiences get tired of those fast, trust me), it sounds pretty interesting. my comic idea was a random flash of inspiration too, and I decided to run with it instead of letting it sit there…I'd say for you to draw a few pages, see if you like how it goes, and then decide to put it up. :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM
Skullbie at 6:48PM, Nov. 18, 2008
(online)
I'd totally read that, maybe you can have random flashbacks of his army life from looking at objects we see as ordinary.(like he sees a coffee mug then flashback to his lieutenants coffee mug before he gets shot or something dramatic)

And I agree with Tacster, no angsty monologues please

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:46PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved