Comic Talk and General Discussion *

It finally happened.
Boss at 12:45AM, Sept. 5, 2007
(offline)

You could always mooch off of girlfriends or acquaintances well into your thirties, with relative ease and comfort!

Screw that, go almost die somehow like I did. Over 100 grand in settlement money! And it's still coming in! Woo!

Ah hell, I still mooch like crazy. Who am I kidding?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
Vixus at 5:31AM, Sept. 5, 2007
(offline)
I'm entering my second-year of college life and all I can say is even though I enjoyed the first, I hope this year will be far far better. Last year my flatmates sucked, I barely made any friends, my social life sucked, my best friends were in other towns, I underestimated the amount of work required and basically the thing was a mess.

The only thing I'll change about myself this year is I'm going to try and radiate tons and tons of confidence. Not showing off or being in anyone's face or anything. Also I'm going to work harder, stay on top of my work. Finally I'm going to stop forcing friendship and just focus on my hobbies and interests instead. If I make friends good for me, otherwise there's nothing I can really do about it.

Finally, I have no idea what to do with my degree when I get it. Even if I don't get into a job involving Physics, maybe I can go work for a game development company or something. I'm going to try and get my PhD abroad though.
Tending my fruit, tending my fruit
Ah, you've got to have a hobby
A man must have a shed to keep him sane.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:42PM
blu at 9:12AM, Sept. 5, 2007
(online)
tis my third year of college now. its so amusing to watch the ickle little freshmen toddling around campus all lost

i mean.

since i'm so bored in photography class i'll list a few things i learned in freshman year:

- get flipflops for the dorm showers so you don't get foot disease
- buying things like tortillas or pita instead of bread lasts a lot longer and doesn't mold as easily.
- dont EVER assume you wont have to study for a class, even if you aced the same thing in high school ><

oh class is over.
other than that, this comment is pointless.
spiritstories dot net | TMAC!(m-w-f) |MIRACLE(weekends)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:27AM
Slowbro at 11:21AM, Sept. 5, 2007
(offline)
marine
College is a joke guys, you don't need it. I live a very comfortable life style and I never finished college.

Its a nicer atmosphere to hang out at than High School, but there are better places to spend your time, like internet forums for comic books.
Oh marine, you're such a card!

Congrats! I wish ya luck, KM!
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:48PM
Boss at 11:44AM, Sept. 5, 2007
(offline)
Slowbro
Oh marine, you're such a card!

Congrats! I wish ya luck, KM!

I knew there was living pieces of flat cardboard/plastic out there masquerading as people. I just never knew they had made it all the way to DD…..

College is pretty cool. I go to BCC (which could mean anywhere, really), and don't have to suffer through dorms. I do however, have to suffer the people who live in this apartment, but that's another story.

The classes aside, there is one complaint. There are WAY too many people on campus who look vaguely like me. A creepy amount.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:32AM
Short_Circuiting at 6:41PM, Sept. 6, 2007
(offline)
ive been planning for college. i just became a hs senior and oy… im so nervous about moving out and living on my own and stuff. i cant drive, so getting around will be tough. i'm glad you're having a good time at college. :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:34PM
warren at 8:28PM, Sept. 6, 2007
(offline)
Depends on where you go to school. I went (temporarily) to Penn State, and for a small town they had a kick ass mass transit program.
Warren

On the Duck:
Title -updating! ~30 strips!
PAC -New! >10 strips.

Others:
Spare Change -updating! ~2000 strips!
Mass Production -hiatus. ~300 strips.

This guy does Piss Mario, Stick, and Filler!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
suzi at 10:49PM, Sept. 6, 2007
(online)
Short_Circuiting
ive been planning for college. i just became a hs senior and oy… im so nervous about moving out and living on my own and stuff. i cant drive, so getting around will be tough. i'm glad you're having a good time at college. :D

I can't drive either. City campuses! They make having a car a burden! <3
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:05PM
Ozoneocean at 12:09AM, Sept. 7, 2007
(online)
University is an interesting way of life… It's a bit different from highschool and very different from the working world. Personally, I preferred the way of life, environment, and atmosphere in art college to that of university. The vibe at most universities isn't quite as “grown up” and mature. It's more like an extra highschool for young adults to extend their childhood into in a lot of ways, the social environment is more mature than that of highschool though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM
junoblairb at 5:32AM, Sept. 7, 2007
(online)
ozoneocean
University is an interesting way of life… It's a bit different from highschool and very different from the working world. Personally, I preferred the way of life, environment, and atmosphere in art college to that of university. The vibe at most universities isn't quite as “grown up” and mature. It's more like an extra highschool for young adults to extend their childhood into in a lot of ways, the social environment is more mature than that of highschool though.

This is SO true. And here I thought it was just me. I went to the University of North Texas for a year and then left because the politics of the place where just inane. But people there were just unfocused… and so was I. It was really hard to focus on studies there. Transferred over to the art college and it was so much more focused. Not worth the money though imo - left there in three quarters because of circumstances I couldn't control. Now community colleges, specifically the night classes, I've found were the most mature probably because these are your working folks. Lord knows that was me for the short period of time my job allowed.

I'm going back to school in spring to finish my degree. I'm gonna be such a sad case - nearly 24 and married with a sporadic day job as a comic artist majoring in business. Something just tells me I ain't gonna fit in. :/ (like I really care ^_-)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:12PM
alexhatzia at 8:08PM, Sept. 7, 2007
(online)
aah college is going to be awesome! i can't wait. university of washington starts on the 26th. although i look forward to the lifestyle i'm skeptical on the work load.

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
AQua_ng at 12:23PM, Sept. 8, 2007
(offline)
Hold the phone. In America, colleges and universities are the same?

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:57AM
Bekefel at 12:35PM, Sept. 8, 2007
(offline)
AQua_ng

Thats what I assumed. Since I'm 16 and about to go to college.
Please, please, you give me too little credit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:17AM
usedbooks at 12:42PM, Sept. 8, 2007
(online)
AQua_ng

Yeah, they are synonyms. (Though some people consider colleges as the smaller community type places and universities as bigger things.) In US school systems, students attend school for K - 12 grade (or 1 - 12), graduate at 17 or 18 years old and then can attend college/university.

High school is typically 9th through 12th grade. Though some communities divide the grade levels among their schools differently (in some rural places K-12 is all in one building), 12th grade is always the final one.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:36PM
AQua_ng at 1:08PM, Sept. 8, 2007
(offline)
Oh, okay. It's just that the school system in England are all over the place. Our academic year starts at September. Crazy stuff.

K.A.L.A-dan! Brigade Captain :D
K.A.L.A.-dan forums!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:57AM
WriterX at 3:06PM, Sept. 8, 2007
(offline)
Not sure what the difference between College and University is… but…

I will be leaving for University on the 17th. Flying all the way to Scotland… I still have great doubts whether there is a fridge where I am going to live… I hope there is.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:52PM
stabbyfairy at 8:10AM, Sept. 17, 2007
(online)
Am I the only one who was really looking forward to it… And now feels SO awkward? Like they just don't fit in? =(
I mean, everyone I've met is nice enough but I'm not a big partier. I'm trying (probably a bit too hard) since it is Freshers' Week after all but… Ugh, I just feel so boring and square. =(
Moving away from everyone you know really sucks when you're shy.

I need a hug. XD

Edit: I'm better now. ^_^
Currently rewriting Pictures from the start - and it is now called In Carnate.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:55PM
Poke Alster at 9:57AM, Sept. 19, 2007
(offline)
In everyones view they think high school sucks, and i agree, it does
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:46PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon