Media Megaforum

Jesus Christ Superstar
PhatScurl at 1:48PM, April 27, 2007
(offline)
one of the greatest movies in all of history

This song will be stuck in your head forever

Who would of thought Judas could sing this awesome?

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAh!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
snark at 7:50AM, April 28, 2007
(offline)
Holy crap! I haven't seen that in SOOOOOOOO long! Thanks for jotting my memory :)

I remember watching a video production JCS where it was set in a futuristic society, that was awesome, the Pharisees (sp?) all had these cool black trench coats.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:49PM
reconjsh at 9:16AM, April 28, 2007
(online)
I've never watched this all the way. I probably should, eh?
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:02PM
isukun at 12:56PM, May 2, 2007
(online)
I remember watching a video production JCS where it was set in a futuristic society, that was awesome, the Pharisees (sp?) all had these cool black trench coats.

I've got that one on DVD. I didn't like it as much as the older one, though. They cut songs to make the pharisees look more evil and I didn't like the new Jesus or Judas as much as the older ones. I also saw the show live before Ted Neeley stopped playing Jesus. The guy in the program who usually played Judas was sick that day, though, so the understudy substituted. Oddly enough, I thought he did a better job than either of the movie Judas's.

The old movie captured the spirit of the play better than the newer one. The only thing it was really missing were the temptations of Judas, but I kind of like it better when you don't have the women pushing Judas into everything. Also, I never really liked the ascention ending from the play, so I liked how they ended the first movie better. The rest of the play seems to focus on this idea of Jesus being a man, so the ending just seemed tacked on to keep the Christians happy. I prefer the more practical approach to Jesus where they emphasize this idea that people get too wrapped up in the God aspect and don't pay attention to the meaning behind the message. It is a problem which continues to plague Christian society even to this day.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:04PM
LIZARD_B1TE at 1:06PM, May 2, 2007
(online)
“Tell me, Christ, how you feel tonight.”
“Do you plan to put up a fight?”
“Do you feel like you've had your break?”
“What would you say were big mistakes?”

“Come with us to see Ciaphas!
You'll just love the High Priest's house!
You'll just love seeing Ciaphas!
You'll just die in the High Priest's house!”

“Come on, Lord, this is not like you!”
“Let us know what you're gonna do!”
“You know what your supporters feel–”
“–You'll escape in the final reel!”

I have most of the songs memorized. :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:37PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved