Random Discussion

John Titor: The man from 2036?
kyupol at 7:12AM, April 10, 2008
(offline)
This is very interesting.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TrDg1gIeTjE

http://www.johntitor.com/

Ok. Here's a story about a man who came from the year 2036. According to him, in HIS REALITY/ALTERNATE DIMENSION, Y2K did happen and that resulted in a civil war in the United States.

Then later on during the war, Russia decided to fire missiles at the west coast of the USA.

Then China retakes Taiwan…

Then Israel came out victorious in a terrible war. I guess all those Islamic countries decided to gang up on Israel again upon news of civil war in the USA.

Then after the war, the US constitution was changed. And there are 5 presidents of the USA. There is no more New World Order… and the American people changed into this kind of society where there is more closeness with the neighbors. Where all the people in a community work for free and give accordingly… for the good of the entire community. So its a community-centered USA in other words.

Instead of racism, there is prejudice of lazy people.

Anyway this is very interesting whether its an elaborate hoax or not.

Also note the reference to CERN:

link here
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Product Placement at 7:54AM, April 10, 2008
(online)
Well as crazy as that story sounds, I can't wait for them to turn on the Large Hadron Collider.

It is the largest physics project that mankind has ever undertaken. With it they hope to create a grand unified theory and prove concepts like the big bang and wormholes.

It also has been theorized that it might open up the possibility for time traveling but since it isn't ready, I would find it highly unlikely that this time traveler of yours is for real. If the collider can be used for time traveling (and in that case you could only send particles back in time not human beings) then this “time machine” could only send you back in time between eras when the machine existed which means that time periods prior to the collider's existence would still be unavailable to us.
Those were my two cents.
If you have any other questions, please deposit a quarter.
This space for rent.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:49PM
anonymousposterchild at 8:55AM, April 10, 2008
(offline)
kyupol
This is very interesting.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=TrDg1gIeTjE

http://www.johntitor.com/

Ok. Here's a story about a man who came from the year 2036. According to him, in HIS REALITY/ALTERNATE DIMENSION, Y2K did happen and that resulted in a civil war in the United States.

Then later on during the war, Russia decided to fire missiles at the west coast of the USA.

Then China retakes Taiwan…

Then Israel came out victorious in a terrible war. I guess all those Islamic countries decided to gang up on Israel again upon news of civil war in the USA.

Then after the war, the US constitution was changed. And there are 5 presidents of the USA. There is no more New World Order… and the American people changed into this kind of society where there is more closeness with the neighbors. Where all the people in a community work for free and give accordingly… for the good of the entire community. So its a community-centered USA in other words.

Instead of racism, there is prejudice of lazy people.

Anyway this is very interesting whether its an elaborate hoax or not.

Also note the reference to CERN:

link here

1. He hides behind the multiverse theory to keep his stories from being disproven
2. He's using a time machine to get a computer from 1975 to solve a problem you can use computers made in the last 7 years to do
3. Titor says they found the 5100 could do it's emulation trick in 2036 through testing, when it was a documented feature
4. Titor's story DOESN'T state that the civil war happened because of Y2K, get your fake facts straight. It says it started in 2004, due to upset over the presidential electrion
5. Titor's demonstration of a laser being bent was ALSO fake, in fact, that's what tipped me off to just how bad of a scam this was. If a laser was to be bent, there would be noticable distortion around everything else as well. There was not.

There's a lot more wrong with his story, but once again, I am forced to tell you to use some damn skepticism.
Official DrunkDuck curmudgeon
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:53AM
MangoFlush at 9:04AM, April 10, 2008
(offline)
You can't bend lasers without bending everything else around it, namely light.

I mean Christ how can you not realise that.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
kyupol at 9:22AM, April 10, 2008
(offline)
There's a lot more wrong with his story, but once again, I am forced to tell you to use some damn skepticism.

To make it clear, when I post bizarre stuff here, I do not necessarily believe in it.

Please do not attack the messenger. :)
NOW UPDATING!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:26PM
Product Placement at 10:41AM, April 10, 2008
(online)
I actually find the story interesting albeit unrealistic. I always like alternative timeline stuff. That's why I watched the early seasons of Sliders. ^^

Not the later ones. They sucked. Seriously! ><
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
imshard at 7:41PM, April 10, 2008
(online)
I agree with that this is a load of bunk fraud case.
That said, its been acknowledged that the laser trick was a recreation.
Plus distortion? when looking through a bubble, light is bent twice: once as it enters and once as it leaves. Conceptually the light's path could have been corrected by the second edge of the “time dilation bubble”. Ergo objects in the background would appear “normal” whereas the laser was viewed having only been bent once. Thus the background “around” the bubble was fine while the laser was not.

:dizzy:

Not that it necessarily applies here but believers in wacky stories can always come up with an explanation for things that can disprove their pet theories.
Don't be a stick in the mud traditionalist! Support global warming!

Tech Support: The Comic!! Updates Somedays!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:58PM
anonymousposterchild at 8:35PM, April 10, 2008
(offline)
Product Placement
I actually find the story interesting albeit unrealistic. I always like alternative timeline stuff. That's why I watched the early seasons of Sliders. ^^

Not the later ones. They sucked. Seriously! ><

Really, anything after Wade was gone was kinda terrible.
Product Placement at 1:54AM, April 11, 2008
(online)
And then they killed of Arturo, introduced a brother Mallory, then killed him of and fused the original Mallory with an alternative Mallory that didn't even look like him.

WTF?
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
Fenn at 11:52AM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
Product Placement
And the they killed of Arturo, introduced a brother Mallory, then killed him of and fused the original Mallory with an alternative Mallory that didn't even look like him.

WTF?
Yeah, that Mallory crap was re-god-damn-diculous.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
anonymousposterchild at 3:44PM, April 11, 2008
(offline)
Product Placement
And then they killed of Arturo, introduced a brother Mallory, then killed him of and fused the original Mallory with an alternative Mallory that didn't even look like him.

WTF?

I never liked Mallory to begin with, he just got… so much worse. Hell, the whole Cro-mag thing was a mess too.
rabidmochi at 12:48AM, April 12, 2008
(offline)
I remember that there was also this thing about people finding a quarter from (I forgot which year), and it had the face of an unidentified person instead of George Washington on it.

I kind of doubt that this is real; maybe this was just a hoax made by a bunch of lifeless adults.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
Product Placement at 1:42AM, April 12, 2008
(online)
I didn't even want to mention the Cro-mag thing because I found the whole concept really ruin the show. I did find the transition of them going from emos with punk hairdo, flying around in giant manta ships to a lame copy of the Nazi Reich in clothing and attitude in a span of few episodes fucking hilarious though. But really killer apes that travel the multi verse, invading alternative earths. Come one. Give me an episode with what if Hitler won the World War II for crying out loud.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
krazy_taco at 6:48AM, April 12, 2008
(offline)
He's crazy. Seeking attention.
No way in 28 years we can time travel and why would anyone come back to a year as random as 2008?
no sense.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:21PM
Product Placement at 7:37AM, April 12, 2008
(online)
Actually he went as far as 1975. Apparently to fix the Y2K problem.

….

Yeah.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
anonymousposterchild at 1:17PM, April 12, 2008
(offline)
Product Placement
Actually he went as far as 1975. Apparently to fix the Y2K problem.

….

Yeah.

No, no, he was going back to 1975 to fix the unix time bug, which occurs in 2028 due to a slight flaw in how unix time works. I find the idea that nobody thought to try and fix this bug before then laughable.

Product Placement
I didn't even want to mention the Cro-mag thing because I found the whole concept really ruin the show. I did find the transition of them going from emos with punk hairdo, flying around in giant manta ships to a lame copy of the Nazi Reich in clothing and attitude in a span of few episodes fucking hilarious though. But really killer apes that travel the multi verse, invading alternative earths. Come one. Give me an episode with what if Hitler won the World War II for crying out loud.

I still liked the first episode where the only change was that red meant go and green meant stop. That was the greatest thing ever. Also, really, EVERYONE has done the Hitler winning World War 2 thing. I'm pretty sure it was in an episode of Fraggle Rock at this point.
Eunice P at 6:39PM, April 12, 2008
(offline)
I've read his story in year 2003 before. One of the predictions that I find amusing is the cancellation of the Olympic games due to political reason, which resulted Olympic games no longer held.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:23PM
Product Placement at 1:37AM, April 13, 2008
(online)
anonymousposterchild
I still liked the first episode where the only change was that red meant go and green meant stop.

Oh hell yeah. That was the greatest thing ever. There were other slight changes in that episode. For example, Elvis was still alive and touring and Americans were crossing the border to Mexico instead of vise versa.

anonymousposterchild
Also, really, EVERYONE has done the Hitler winning World War 2 thing. I'm pretty sure it was in an episode of Fraggle Rock at this point.

How did the Nazis beat that???
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
anonymousposterchild at 2:10AM, April 13, 2008
(offline)
Product Placement
anonymousposterchild
I still liked the first episode where the only change was that red meant go and green meant stop.

Oh hell yeah. That was the greatest thing ever. There were other slight changes in that episode. For example, Elvis was still alive and touring and Americans were crossing the border to Mexico instead of vise versa.

anonymousposterchild
Also, really, EVERYONE has done the Hitler winning World War 2 thing. I'm pretty sure it was in an episode of Fraggle Rock at this point.

How did the Nazis beat that???

Gobo was Jewish.

'nuff said.
ozoneocean at 2:47AM, April 13, 2008
(online)
Yeah, I come from the 41st millennium. I'm a timecop, I got stranded…
———————

But on to Sliders: I thought it was a cool concept, but they utterly wasted it. Wherever they went was dystopia and they were agents of positive change.
That was stupid. The same scenario over and over. I'd have rather that only happened once every 5 episodes and most of the places they'd go to should have been just interestingly different and fun to explore. But instead it took a cool idea and slammed it into a ridged repeating regular formula.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
Product Placement at 3:08AM, April 13, 2008
(online)
So Oz, How did mankind fare in during the hello kitty war.

I'm just asking because it looks very intense.

But I think we can all agree that Sliders was a good idea. Gone horribly, horribly wrong. For you see, Professor Arturo says so.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
ozoneocean at 3:17AM, April 13, 2008
(online)
We lost. -_-
Why ELSE d'ya think I'm here?

Hey, it was a best seller, how can he not be right? ^^
-Good old Gimili's got that axe too ya know, that has to count for something ;)

——————
Yeah, I'm pretty sure the reason for the two Mallory's was that Jerry O'Connell wanted his brother as part of the show… Which is who the other Mallory was.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:30PM
willlapuerta at 6:33PM, April 13, 2008
(online)
Yeah, the early episodes of Sliders were the best. Let's face it, you can only go so long with the “trying to get home but always failing because then the show's over” type plot line. There comes a time when you're better off just letting them get home and ending the thing.
“I am just a humble servant with a message here for you.”
-You Can't Take It With You, Alan Parson's Project
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
anonymousposterchild at 10:37PM, April 13, 2008
(offline)
willlapuerta
Yeah, the early episodes of Sliders were the best. Let's face it, you can only go so long with the “trying to get home but always failing because then the show's over” type plot line. There comes a time when you're better off just letting them get home and ending the thing.

But they DID get home.

And the cromags had fucked their shit up.
Skullbie at 11:35PM, April 13, 2008
(online)
Guys look at that sleek site design on Titors site. Yup only someone from the future could utilize such sweet graphics, unique red/yellow/blue color, and a non-confusing totally not eye scarring interface.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:45PM
anonymousposterchild at 11:47PM, April 13, 2008
(offline)
Skullbie
Guys look at that sleek site design on Titors site. Yup only someone from the future could utilize such sweet graphics, unique red/yellow/blue color, and a non-confusing totally not eye scarring interface.

Don't you get it? In the future, racism will be gone!

We'll all be colourblind.
willlapuerta at 6:46AM, April 14, 2008
(online)
anonymousposterchild
But they DID get home.

And the cromags had fucked their shit up.

Exactly. If they had gotten home and ended the show before it started to suck, I could still look back on the series with fond memories. As it is I just feel disappointment . . .

As for Titor's site . . . MY EYES! They Burn!! Seriously, how many fonts and styles do you need per square inch?
“I am just a humble servant with a message here for you.”
-You Can't Take It With You, Alan Parson's Project
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
Product Placement at 12:28PM, April 14, 2008
(online)
You can never have enough fonts and styles. Obviously the future folks came to realize that.
Those were my two cents.
This space for rent.
7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 2:18PM, April 14, 2008
(offline)
I like how the story defies all established time travel logic.
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:07AM
Warpedwenger at 3:43PM, April 14, 2008
(online)
Whe I see a thread like this I automatically assume that it was started by Kyupol.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:47PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved