Help, Support and Suggestions

Just alittle unsure....
fahfehno at 7:35PM, Oct. 27, 2008
(offline)
Okay, I'm new so be kind. x3

I was just wondering if someone could explain the different genres? I understand a few like manga, photographic, sprite, stick figure and realism. At least I'm pretty sure I do. But I'm not totally clear on what exactly the others look like. Examples would be awesome, but I can deal with descriptions! ^__^

Thanks oodles for any input. :D
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM
skoolmunkee at 3:19AM, Oct. 28, 2008
(online)
The genres are relatively flexible, they're just a way to help authors categorize their comics in a way that can make it easier for potential readers to find. :) I don't think people are assigning some of them quite the way Volte intended, probably because their meaning is unclear - so looking through a list of ‘experimental’ marked comics may not tell you much…

I'll just do the ones you didn't mention :)

Cartoon - for more cartoony styles, I'm guessing, like Eskimo Dave.

American - Styles that emulate an ‘american’ comic (vs how a ‘manga’ would emulate a Japanese comic). An american comic is usually seen as the stuff that DC and Marvel produce, but could also include newspaper strips

Sketch - a comic that is intentionally left unpolished. A lot of ‘journal’ comics end up here I think, just because their purpose is to capture ideas and not necessarily make a finished product. Other types of sketch comics are ones done in pencil, or maybe the author just has a really ‘sketchy’ drawing style.

Experimental - for more unusual styles or media. A comic made out of cut-out construction paper (like Panda Panda) or that uses flash to make it interactive (like LAX), etc.
  IT'S OLD BATMAN
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:41PM
fahfehno at 6:58PM, Feb. 22, 2009
(offline)
Alright, I'm sorta dragging this thread from the grave because I'm still alittle unsure of where my style of drawing actually falls. xD If anyone would like to take a peek at my gallery and give me their input I would really appreciate it.

http://gutter-child.deviantart.com

I'm thinking American… but I really, really don't know. >.>
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:25PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved