Media Megaforum

kanye west needs to shutup
alexhatzia at 12:37PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(online)
seriously this guy has been such a baby lately. his first little hissy fit that i can remember is raiding the stage on the european mtv awards because he didn't win video of the year for his shitty video for touch the sky.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAN_OXblCEs
he's got such an ego now since the success of his 2 past albums.
his latest song “stronger” butchers daft punks classic “harder better faster stronger” by slowing it down, so no one can dance to it. even if he did get permission from daft punk, there's no doubt in my mind that they were interested in the royalties rather than west's music. which by the way also is completely unoriginal. can rappers please make a song without a freaking sample?
now i realize that the fued between 50 and west is completely for entertainment and isn't real. i was listening to kiss fm last night when a caller voiced her opinion saying that west's album is going to blow 50's out of the water. the dj explained that 50's album was supposed to be released in june but was held back. she later said that kanye is better because he doesn't need help from timberlake and timberland….but wait! apparently he needs everyone else's help so he can sample their freaking songs!!
recently West said that his only competition is Justin Timberlake. he expressed that his rivalry with Timberlake is equal to Michael Jackson's rivalry with Prince in the 80's. yea..you wish.
Kanye's latest complaint is that he didn't win any vma's and that he didn't open the vma's because it was his dream to open it with “stronger”. this guy needs to get a reality check.

last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
simonitro at 12:48PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(online)
Man, most rappers have big fucking egos!

Literally, both Kayne Breasts and 50 Crap haven't released ANYTHING worth listening! Their songs (I wish they were) are fucking awful even In Da Club! Horrible stuff!

There are some rap whatever it is (I don't categorize it as music, because it is an insult) songs can bearable tolernable, especially what I consider a good rap thing song is Coolio's Gangstas Paradise, for my ears but 50 and Kayne are very bad!

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM
ccs1989 at 1:04PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(online)
Rap seems to cater to guys with violent fantasies and not too much intelligence. People like Wax Tailor, RJD2, and Jurassic 5 are basically the only hip hop/rap groups I think are worth listening to. But J5 is splitting up this year. It's pretty sad to see them go, but their last album was too mainstream anyway. Not in a “selling out” way, but that it was just bad.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:39AM
thecaptain at 1:09PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(offline)
simonitro
Man, most rappers have big fucking egos!

Literally, both Kayne Breasts and 50 Crap haven't released ANYTHING worth listening! Their songs (I wish they were) are fucking awful even In Da Club! Horrible stuff!

There are some rap whatever it is (I don't categorize it as music, because it is an insult) songs can bearable tolernable, especially what I consider a good rap thing song is Coolio's Gangstas Paradise, for my ears but 50 and Kayne are very bad!

Amen brother..
i've never liked rap, but there was a time when rap was better, were there was actually some skill involved in being a rapper.Most of these rappers don't even write their own music for their songs (i hate to call it a song), and the music for their songs is usually a sampled version of an already popular song, which i would define as cheating.. And their is generally nothing special about the lyrics to the songs either, its always rapping about how Awesome you are in some way or form..

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
ccs1989 at 1:11PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(online)
They're lowering the standards. The lyrics get more offensive to cash in on cheap thrills, etc.

But the whole record industry is in trouble. That's why Columbia hired Rick Ruben.

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
lefarce at 3:33PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(offline)
alexhatzia
he's got such an ego now since the success of his 2 past albums.
his latest song “stronger” butchers daft punks classic “harder better faster stronger” by slowing it down, so no one can dance to it. even if he did get permission from daft punk, there's no doubt in my mind that they were interested in the royalties rather than west's music. which by the way also is completely unoriginal. can rappers please make a song without a freaking sample?

Oh God, I couldn't agree more. Have you seen the video for this? He totally recreates major scenes from the movie Akira, but instead he's a black tetsuo and there are booty dancers everywhere. What the fuck that has to do with either daft punk or the basis of his song is beyond me.

However, Daft Punk did NOT give him permission. They were pissed. But, Daft Punk samples all their songs as well, so it makes it a little difficult for them to make a big deal about it.

Regardless, Kanye is and always has been an untalented hack, in a genre filled with untalented hacks.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:31PM
alexhatzia at 3:49PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(online)
simonitro

even that song is a rip off of stevie wonders “pastime paradise”.

but yea i think daft punk did give him permission, the only reason i say this is why would they appear in his video if they didn't allow him sampling their song?

Kristen Gudsnuk at 3:57PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(online)
well I like kanye west!! I think Stronger's a great song, and from a lyrical standpoint, it's got some really witty lines and the content isn't as cliche as you make it out to be. my favorite line in the song is, “there's a thousand yous, there's only one of me,” mostly because not only is it kind of cute (and a very human thing to think) but in a more philosophical sense, it seems more like he's lamenting his own lack of individuality… I mean, you can reach the top and be super-rich and famous, but you're still one in a crowd of rich and famous people.
Another really great song is “Diamonds from Sierra Leone.” I don't think you can listen to the lyrics of that song and assert that rap has nothing to contribute to society. There's a lot of social value in that song, and I can't think of many other modern songs that tackle international controversies and human rights issues. The background music is haunting, with the ghostly echo that seems to punctuate the idea that the blood diamond trade will continue despite humanitarian efforts.
I can go on… (Hey Mama doesn't sample anything, and it's a really sweet song with lots of literary references that make me happy… it makes me think of my mom!! :D!)
wow I got into essay-writing mode there…
So what if he samples music? If it makes the song catchier, then kudos to kanye!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:22PM
Rich at 3:59PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(online)
ccs1989
Rap seems to cater to guys with violent fantasies and not too much intelligence.

Why can't all men be like you? You speak such epic truth.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:07PM
alexhatzia at 4:18PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(online)
my beef with kanye west is more of his attitude towards life right now, not particularly his music. i just hate stronger because i'm a much bigger fan of daft punk than i ever will be of kanye west. so when he butchers a song of theirs, of course i'm going to be pissed.
now i like “late registration” that was a great album for me. but as of now i have no interest in supporting west because he's grown to be such a big baby over every thing i mentioned in my first post.

lefarce at 4:50PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(offline)
I just watched the video you linked to, and it's easily the biggest dick move I've ever seen some one make.

“If I lose the awards suffer” or something like that?

Yeah, I wanted to punch him in the teeth.

alexhatzia at 5:13PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(online)
he said that the award show lost credibility because he spent 1 million dollars and had pam anderson.

and ended up with a piece of shit video.

mlai at 8:59PM, Sept. 12, 2007
(online)
Someone actually thinks that it's a plus to have Pam Anderson in his video?

FIGHT current chapter: Filling In The Gaps
FIGHT_2 current chapter: Light Years of Gold
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:05PM
thecaptain at 4:24AM, Sept. 13, 2007
(offline)
alexhatzia
he said that the award show lost credibility because he spent 1 million dollars and had pam anderson.

He gave his video the Hep. C!!!!!
What an idiot, like having pamela anderson in your video your video is going to give your video bonus points or something… He would have been better off having someone like : Eugene Levy , or Stephen Segal , or even Bee arthur..
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:16PM
ShinGen at 5:11AM, Sept. 13, 2007
(online)
See I like some rap. DMX, Eminem (To an extent), Tupac for the most part, Dre, Cube, etc. But Kanye West Just sucks at life. Did anyone see him getting Punk'd? They were going to confiscate the film he used for a music video and he almost began weeping as he grabbed the film, ran into a car, and tried to drive away instead of even trying to talk through it or doing the smart thing and getting lawyers involved which I'm sure all musicians have multiples of. The guy's a moron and I am amazed he's currently outselling 50 Cent in they're latest CD's. Don't get me wrong. I hate 50 Cent too. But hey the lesser of two evils…

Welcome to the academy of the 1337. Try not to get fragged.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:33PM
simonitro at 5:42AM, Sept. 13, 2007
(online)
Rap lyrics:

“Me were born n brocken howze like bich
Now, me make rap muzikz n bekome rich
lol, yo, beter zan you n got 2378937 kadilacks an bling bling
we iz gooder makeing rap we donnot need to zpell no efen grammer do right
Fuck you, I ain't no wight lokl!
Yo!”

Most of their crappy lyrics are like that!

P.S. I also fucking hate Justin Timberfuck!

Enjoy… Las Vegas-y
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:37PM
Terminal at 6:43AM, Sept. 13, 2007
(online)
simonitro
Rap lyrics:

“Me were born n brocken howze like bich
Now, me make rap muzikz n bekome rich
lol, yo, beter zan you n got 2378937 kadilacks an bling bling
we iz gooder makeing rap we donnot need to zpell no efen grammer do right
Fuck you, I ain't no wight lokl!
Yo!”

Most of their crappy lyrics are like that!

P.S. I also fucking hate Justin Timberfuck!

Oversimplified stereotype based on oversimplified concept/idea of a genre.

Try again.

I'm all for people stating their opinions on a genre that has it's fair share of crap. (all genres have their fair share of crap, like rock for example. That genre has many crap artists… oh, and don't get me started on indie. Just because the artist is being “different” doesn't give them an excuse for being horrid.) When it's all “RAP SUCKS DURRRR-HURRRR IT SUCKS CAUSE IT SUCKS” in every statement, it's worse than actually hearing crappy songs, by crappy artists, in the genre of rap.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:12PM
subcultured at 6:59AM, Sept. 13, 2007
(online)
this is the funniest thing kayne has done
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:03PM
alexhatzia at 10:28AM, Sept. 13, 2007
(online)
i don't hate rap, i'm just getting tired of kanye west. his music is becoming very predictable. it's all just samples.

lefarce at 10:42AM, Sept. 13, 2007
(offline)
alexhatzia

and ended up with a piece of shit video.

What an idiot. Spending lots of money on something doesn't mean it's automatically good. That really shows he values money more than artistic integrity.

Rap is decent, but I think I liked it more years ago than in the present. It's not because “rap bad it bad”, it's because all those rap songs are just blending together now. The over use of samples, the same exact turgid lyrics, and the subject matter in general just doesn't get me to listen to it. Although there have been some decent songs in recent years, I really have to say I enjoyed rap back when it was first around, when every song didn't revolve around cars, sex, women, drugs or violence.

Hawk at 10:52AM, Sept. 13, 2007
(online)
subcultured
this is the funniest thing kayne has done

Yeah, that's the thing I'll always remember him for. Dear goodness, poor Mike Myers and Chris Rock had to smooth that one over. You can see it in their faces: “shut up shut up shut up shut up”.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Bekefel at 11:03AM, Sept. 13, 2007
(offline)
Screw rap. Screw Hip Hop. Screw R n' B.

Inject some grunge into my vains and sit me on the curb.
Please, please, you give me too little credit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:17AM
ccs1989 at 11:33AM, Sept. 13, 2007
(online)
Rich
ccs1989
Rap seems to cater to guys with violent fantasies and not too much intelligence.

Why can't all men be like you? You speak such epic truth.

Thanks Rich. But actually there is rap I will listen to. Jurassic 5 is one of them which I mentioned. I just said it “tended” to cater to guys with violent fantasies/not too much intelligence but that's probably an overgeneralization. Even Jurassic 5 gets sorta off the mark at some points especially in their latest and last album.

But really I have a natural distrust of all art, whether it be visual, music, literature, acting, or even a combo like animation. If getting too absorbed with the art stops the person making it from BEING a good person then they're contradicting themselves. Art is supposed to be the pinnacle of human achievement and a demonstration of humanity, but if artists are all jerks then they need to find a new job. It seems harsh but art in the hands of a sick person can really fuck society up. For example Adolf Hitler thought he was restoring Hellenistic culture to the world by killing off “impurities”. His plan for the remade Berlin that he was going to build after the Nazi's won WWII included all these Greco-Roman buildings. Even after his death Nazi symbols are iconic and everyone knows about Hitler and what he did. This is one form of a warning for later generations, but at the same time Hitler sort of got what he wanted by having his “work” live on in the hearts and minds of everyone, even if it inspires a negative reaction.
I still believe that art has a place in society. It allows us a distraction and in the hands of a good person these works can really make us think. But artists who value work over humans are overlooking the fact that one's an inanimate object and the other actually has feelings.

At least that's what I believe.

Edit-Sorry for the rant.

7384395948urhfdjfrueruieieueue at 6:58PM, Sept. 13, 2007
(offline)
EVERYONE GO BUY CURTIS THEN HE'LL STOP BEING A RAPPER

…SHIT I BROKE MY SHIFT KEY
i will also like to know you the more
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:04AM
Crazy Dutchman at 3:47AM, Sept. 15, 2007
(offline)
The new Justin Timberlake stuff is kinda good. He puts a lot of attention to his songs, just like Kanye USED to do. Now his song are freakin' lame. Especially that Daft Punk one. I loved the video tough, I don't think he's just copying it, it's more like a tribute to Akira. I also think he wanted to do a tribute to DP with the song, but instead of a tribute it sounds more like some sort of parody. Just like in Touch the Sky he used Mayfield's ‘Move on Up’. It didn't sound bad, I quite like it, but if you know the original than you can hear that it's a very easy sample because it actually does all the work. The only thing good about the NEW album is the cover. It looks pretty awesome :)

To all the ‘hip-hop sucks’-dudes: No, U suck! I've been abscent for DD for a while and there was this same thing about Hip-Hop being bad going on by then. AND before then. It results in users saying things and than taking it back saying “Oh, but there is good Hip-Hop, all I'm saying is..” so there isn't an actual discussion. This is about Kanye and 50 ct. so let's focus on that, not on Hip-Hop in general, please.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:48AM
Terminal at 5:24AM, Sept. 15, 2007
(online)
Crazy Dutchman
The new Justin Timberlake stuff is kinda good. He puts a lot of attention to his songs, just like Kanye USED to do. Now his song are freakin' lame.

Kanye's last album, Late Registration, I enjoyed from the first track to the last track. Out of all the tracks of the album, the only one I truly hated - and with a passion, was Gold Digger. Easily one of his worse songs which is stupid in both context and lyrical means. Kanye does have great instrumentals though, which do make me appreciate him more than the so-called generic rappers that use the same old beats.

Of course, most of the songs in the album were samples…

As for 50 Cent, I've never payed too much attention to what this man does. It's not that I hate his music (I can't hate it since I've never ever listened to one of his albums.) It's just that he doesn't appeal to me in such a way that is interesting.

Now, for the whole “controversy”?

It's just the record companies. I'm sure both don't really give a fuck about whose album will sell better and they'll probably end up working together in the near future. In this rap industry, the greatest and fakest way to rise the ranks is to insult another artist. Look at Eminem, it sure as hell worked for him. But the one problem with this is when you have a shit-load of money and fancy whatever, living in a fancy house… I'm sure as hell you won't give two fucks if your newest record will beat another rappers record.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:12PM
Neilsama at 12:07PM, Sept. 15, 2007
(online)
Hawk
Yeah, that's the thing I'll always remember him for. Dear goodness, poor Mike Myers and Chris Rock had to smooth that one over. You can see it in their faces: “shut up shut up shut up shut up”.
Actually, that's Chris Tucker, but yeah…

What an oportunistic ass, using a charity drive to make a polically-charged statement. And worse yet, he find a way to make it about himself with his patronizing and condescending “my people” bullshit. While everyone else was working to be part of the relief effort, that jerk wasted 20 second of air time trying to make himself part of the tragedy.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:10PM
hpkomic at 12:17PM, Sept. 15, 2007
(online)
This thread should be about how awesome Daft Punk is on the grounds that this Kanye West guy sounds like a douchebag.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:50PM
alexhatzia at 12:40PM, Sept. 15, 2007
(online)
daft punk is the shit. enough said. i think that's obvious. haha

Priest_Revan at 11:32PM, Sept. 15, 2007
(offline)
I'd be pretty pissed too if I made songs as great as Kanye West's and didn't win anything.

I love his “Graduation” album, though. So I guess I'm just a little biased.
Updates Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday's (depends).

7/0

Offering Project Wonderful Ad space on my website.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:48PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved