Media Megaforum

Kingdom Hospital
Aurora Moon at 8:30AM, Nov. 18, 2006
(offline)
have anybody been watching this series on scifi besides me?
It's a sort of dark, spooky series about this hospital that's built on sauced ground or something like that.

yesterday was sorta like the finale to it, although how they had the bad spirts still hanging around that one psycho doctor even though the rest of the crew at the hospital literally changed history left me wondering.

It's so twisted… it's sorta like Twin Peaks (kudos to all those who still remember that creepy series), only without the cops and it's an hospital (of course, duh). it's got all those surreal artsy imagery going on, and other crazy shit.

So I was just wondering if some people had been watching besides me, snice at times it feels like I'm the only person that knows about this awesome series. :(
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM
MiniMyth at 3:14PM, Nov. 18, 2006
(offline)
I only saw a small part of the Steven King version. I saw a lot of the original, though. It was a Euopean series. Veeeery weird. I regret not seeing the end. Which did they air?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
Aurora Moon at 11:11PM, Nov. 18, 2006
(offline)
I actually think it was the europeran version, but I could be wrong.
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
MiniMyth at 12:28AM, Nov. 19, 2006
(offline)
Awww. That means I could have seen the ending!
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:02PM
Aurora Moon at 2:42AM, Nov. 21, 2006
(offline)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAcEpzlQEwU a pretty good music video on Kingdom Hosptial with scenes from that series I've been watching…
gives you an good idea of how bizzare and creepy it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6oAUQRSol8 proably the only part in the whole series where they tried at humor, and did it well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alPVgxKdt3g&mode=related&search= opening scenes to kingdom hosptail at the start.

those are links for anybody out there who's intersted in viewing samples of this series.
ozoneocean at 4:49AM, Nov. 21, 2006
(online)
Those are from the Steven King version.
The original is all in Danish. It's by Lars Von Trier in his “Dogme” style: it looks fuzzy, with low lighting, etc. because of the “Dogme” rules.

It's pretty good though. As far as I know, there was no real ending to it. It had two seasons and then the fellow who played the stupid, incompetent surgeon from Sweden who was responsible for most of the curses and problems, died…

So they didn't do anymore. As far as I know.
They may have done more later… but I doubt it. So, two full seasons of a brilliant show and nothing else. ‘~’

As far as the Steven King version goes, I avoided it because I was so fond of the original… It looks quite good in it's own right, but I already know what's going happen.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:24PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved