Media Megaforum

kings is gonna be cancelled
subcultured at 7:43AM, June 28, 2009
(online)
this is a retelling of david and goliath in a present day society. if you have not watched this, you should. this has some really good storylines, powerful acting and awesome visuals.

most of it is realistic, but there are small parts that is prophetic. like when david was surrounded by monarch butterflies and they landed on his head like a crown.

NBC is cancelling this show. and airing more stupid low budget, crappy story telling shows. i like “chuck”, but come one! i rather have kings which i can come away from and feel cultured.

oh well, another good show bites the dust. it will be in my DVD collection like titus, keen eddie, and farscape.

here's some cool scenes.

goliath is not a giant, but a tank.

J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Hawk at 10:58AM, June 28, 2009
(online)
They're saving Chuck? Shoot, I thought we were almost rid of it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
Sysli at 3:50PM, June 28, 2009
(online)
I can't join you guys in sadness or anything as I have never even heard about this before.

What I wanted to say is, that I get a message that says “We're sorry, currently our video library can only be streamed within the United States.”, and then something about a link you can click for more information.

I'm a bit too tired to see anything at the moment myself, but maybe some other non-American will be sad he or she can't see it… I don't know what (if anything) can be done about it, but I thought I'd mention it, because it sounds interesting and I'm sure I would have liked to see the clips if I wasn't so tired (well, I still kinda do, but I need sleep first).
Because I may as well show a bit of pride. ^___^

last edited on July 14, 2011 4:06PM
TheMidge28 at 10:08AM, June 30, 2009
(online)
The show is a great show. I have enjoyed the retelling of the Book of Samuel and the story of David's rise to power. And the guy who plays King Silas, he is fantastic. I guess he was on that other cancelled series Deadwood which was critically acclaimed but cancelled before its should have. The guy rocks.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
ozoneocean at 10:28AM, June 30, 2009
(online)
TheMidge28
The guy rocks.
Ian McShane.
If you like him, try and checkout Lovejoy. That was his vehicle. Cool show, lots of fun :)
-Not quite as intellectual as either Deadwood or Kings though, in concept. But clever humour nevertheless.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:34PM
Freegurt at 4:35PM, June 30, 2009
(online)
subcultured
NBC is cancelling this show. and airing more stupid low budget, crappy story telling shows. i like “chuck”, but come one! i rather have kings which i can come away from and feel cultured.

oh well, another good show bites the dust. it will be in my DVD collection like titus, keen eddie, and farscape.

That seems to be a popular trend for TV networks that needs to be dragged out to the back and shot in the head. I'm so tired of all of these terrible sitcoms that keep replacing good shows.

Especially on kid's networks (shut up, I like cartoons). Cartoon Network had awesome shows on for a while. But they got scrapped and replaced with…Total Drama Island and Flapjack.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:31PM
ParkerFarker at 4:20PM, July 6, 2009
(online)
goddammit I hate sitcoms. How is House of Payne still going strong when good shows are getting shot down.

“We are in the stickiest situation since Sticky the stick insect got stuck on a sticky bun.” - Blackadder
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:38PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved