Debate and Discussion

legalize marijuana
subcultured at 2:50PM, Feb. 27, 2007
(online)
so i read this article saying that “Pot Prisoners Cost Americans $1 Billion a Year” so we should just legalize it.

Why do you wanna add another vice for Americans? isn't all those deaths from “DUI” not enough?

legallizing marijuana won't solve the drug problem. drug traffickers will just find another drug. just like when the mafia got big with running booze, they just went to other illegal drugs when they lift the prohobition.

another drug to cause birth defects, decrease memory of the population, addiction…
now that we have research to prove that cigarettes are bad for you, people are trying to legalize something that is as intoxicating.
J
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:01PM
KomradeDave at 3:37PM, Feb. 27, 2007
(online)
Honestly, I could care less about the harm pot does. I used to smoke all kinds of weed when I was in high school, but my mind is as sharp now as it was then (discounting the stupidity of smoking that much). If people want to kill themselves let them do it, no matter how slow.
Places where it is legal don't have a problem with. We had a Dutch student at the local college college that wrote to the school paper on the subject, saying that the chronic (pun not intended) users are like drunks. They can be a nuisance, but aren't much more than that.

I think we could do without the potheads period, but I personally could do without clothing and feeding them when I am also paying for a man to live 8 years while he waits to be killed.
Handshakes and mustaches are the only ways to know how much you can truly trust a man.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:20PM
reconjsh at 5:25PM, Feb. 27, 2007
(online)
I've read reports about canadian economic experts doing studies regarding how much money the government could save/make if they legalized pot and taxed it. As I recall, they demonstrated that, in all likely-hood, the government may save/make money but will probably break even or, rather, there wouldn't be a significant enough impact on the economy to justify introducing another drug proven to kill people (cancer, “high driving”, 2nd hand smoke, etc).

As soon as I find those studies, I'll post links to them.

For every plus, there seemed to be a minus. Yes, the net profit on a unit of weed is like 600%… but that'll change as legal supply and demand takes place and effects the market. And the money saved in arresting, jailing, and processing criminals will obviously go down (not away since people will STILL illegally conduct weed business) but will be replaced by rehabilitation of addicts, increased insurance costs/premiums, etc…

I don't know if any of this would/will occur. I guess I'll look for more research. I do know however, that when I was doing drugs back in my high school/college days, weed really did enhance me artistically and having that back might be fun. Then again, it enhanced my waist-line and enhanced the emptiness of my wallet too.

I'd never vote for the legalization, but I'd probably use marijuana occasionally if it WERE legalized.

last edited on July 14, 2011 3:02PM
Phantom Penguin at 5:13PM, March 1, 2007
(offline)
Well shit if we are legalizeing stuff to save money we should legalize rape and murder. It would free up tons of money formally spent on keeping those guys behind bars.

Rape and murder are bad for people right?

…kidding. But you see my point.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:42PM
SpANG at 6:17PM, March 1, 2007
(online)
Phantom Penguin
Well shit if we are legalizeing stuff to save money we should legalize rape and murder. It would free up tons of money formally spent on keeping those guys behind bars.

Rape and murder are bad for people right?

…kidding. But you see my point.

Actually I don't. Rape and murder are crimes with unwilling victims. Drug use should be personal choice, like smoking cigarettes or drinking alcohol.

If you say, "Well, what if they get behind the wheel of a car?, etc, etc.) that's a lame analogy, because if that was a good analogy, we'd outlaw alchohol, too.
As a matter of fact, we did, and there was more voilence on the street than there ever was before. Prohibition was a huge mistake. Once alcohol was legalized, no one was actually getting shot over it and the undeground crime synicates that supported it mostly dried up and blew away.

The war on drugs does not, has not, and WILL NOT work. If they were all legal, no one would die over them, jails would not be over-crowded for stupid misdemeanors. And think of the BILLIONS of dollars we could put towards things that actually work, like education.

People need to be left to their own devices. Sure, this will weed out the stupid people, but we need less of them in the world anyway. And I'm tired of looking out for them.

“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:52PM
Phantom Penguin at 6:33PM, March 1, 2007
(offline)
Yeah i geuss my explation was pretty bad. But if they legalized all drugs then a few bad things would happen.

- Most young kids think that if its not a crime it cant really be bad for you, A school full of meth heads is the last thing we need.
- People do die over drugs, overdose, drug related violence ect.

But i do agree that the war on drugs will never work, and people really shouldn't be thrown in jail for drug use.

I think probation or some sort of fine would work, but out and out legalization? no.
SpANG at 6:37PM, March 1, 2007
(online)
Phantom Penguin
I think probation or some sort of fine would work, but out and out legalization? no.
Let's start here- Why do you think it should be different than alcohol?
subcultured at 8:13PM, March 1, 2007
(online)
ending prohibition just moved that underground to other drugs. there's no profit on it becuase the mafia couldn't pump up the prices anymore if it's sold on every corner.

why would you leave people to their own devices? i do not want to go to a park and see some dead heroin addict. kids experiment, so why would you let them experiment on weed? DUI related death would increase with another subctance that can cause slower reflex on the wheel.

i think the war on drugs needs to be maximize. there needs to be stricker laws. on other countries like malaysia you would dare not traffic drugs, or you get the death sentence. gotta set an example of no tolerance to this kind of stuff. drugs don't just end with the user. it can cause a chain reaction to the community of poverty and violence. poverty because you spend all your money on weed and violence because you need to get high anyway you can.

shit, man. people inhale gold spray paint just to get high. screw with your braincells…and who would take care of those with brain damage from drugs?

society.

higher taxes…cause we left them at their “own device”
J
reconjsh at 9:08PM, March 1, 2007
(online)
Pot legalization will serve to perpetuate poverty, low-expectations, crime, ignorance, poor education, etc… within the lower classes of American society. It won't effect most of ‘us’ - the educated middle class. We can use drugs and exist reasonably well within society, but the social impact on the bottom class of citizen will be tremendous and must be a guiding factor in our decisions to legalize drugs; NOT our selfish desires to ‘get high in our own house’.

Sure, ‘freedom’ advocates support legalization… “HELL, we should be able to do what we want, right?” I agree, so long as it doesn't hurt someone else. But we ALL know drug use has many victims, most of which AREN'T actually the drug users. Consider that advocates for lower class rights - particularly those for black-america rights - are AGAINST legalization. I do admit however that a lot of political activists will be PRO legalization of drugs when it comes to “war on drugs” and “freedom of choice” but will then state that drugs oppress entire categories of americans and only serve to ‘enslave’ particular races; classes; and types of people all the while campaigning/speaking on both sides of the issues. This is lame hypocrisy… but it's not the point.

The point is that, though the ‘war on drugs’ is a lost war, it's a backwards step to give people easier/cheaper access to something that causes death to themselves and other people as well as lengthen the lower classes and shrink the middle class.

Why wouldn't we, as a society, desire to transcend the vices and moral decay of our ancestors and become a culture and civilization greater than anything that has yet existed? Why would we want to take a step backwards? Why would we want to permit death and bodily abuse? Ignorance? Poverty?

And for the record, Prohibition is a bad arguement for legalization of marijuana if your arguement is also that legalization won't really create more users - because it will. The annual per capita consumption of absolute alcohol in the America rose after the repeal (end of prohibition) from 4.5 liters in 1935 to 10.2 liters in 1975. This trend holds true for alcohol related crimes and deaths as well. So, just as alcohol consumption, crimes, and deaths went up after it was re-legalized, so too do I suggest that marijuana related consumption, crimes, and deaths will increase.
SpANG at 5:28AM, March 2, 2007
(online)
Neither of you are making a good agument that drugs should not be legal. Rather, you are making a good argument that alcohol should be ILLEGAL.

I am asking you why alcohol is viewed to be okay, and drugs aren't. BOTH impair judgement. BOTH have innocent victims. BOTH are highly addictive. You could find a person in the park dead of alcohol abuse as easily as a heroione user would be found.

If society has embraced alcohol as a legal substance, and we're all okay with that. Society ‘leaves peopel to their own devices, regardless of consequence’ when it comes to alcohol. Why not drugs? I really don't see a difference.

reconjsh
We can use drugs and exist reasonably well within society, but the social impact on the bottom class of citizen will be tremendous and must be a guiding factor in our decisions to legalize drugs; NOT our selfish desires to ‘get high in our own house’.
I must say I find that remark highly offensive. I do not use drugs, and I rarely use alcohol. To suggest that everyone that has my point of veiw wants to ‘get high in his own house’ is a really narrow POV, in my opinion.

reconjsh at 8:29AM, March 2, 2007
(online)
1) I agree, alcohol should be outlawed too. Same with cigarettes, in case you were wondering. Both KILL people other than the users. If people can't regulate themselves well enough to not kill other people and create victims the wake of their ignorance, then someone should do it for them. To answer your question, ‘I don’t know why alcohol is viewed “okay” and marijuana isn't.

This discussion is for a different thread, however.

2) IF the obvious impact of marijuana legalization is crime, injury, death and negligable money saved for the government - which is all true - then the only reason I can come up for supporting legalization is a selfish one: you want the right to get high.

'SpANG'
I must say I find that remark highly offensive.

Sorry to have offended you; that's not my intention. I don't understand why someone who doesn't/won't use drugs would want to legalize them when several studies have linked/suggested legalization wouldn't save us any money and the obvious increase in drug use would create an obvious increase in drug related deaths. Would you explain so I can retract my generalization?

Finally, I end with this. There's no guarantee that legalizing other drugs will reduce the market for new, still-illegal substances that offer new experiences, which might end with us trapped in the same old cycle. We should make positive steps… not backwards ones that just add one more item to the list of harmful things our society can do to ourselves and to others.
reconjsh at 9:11AM, March 2, 2007
(online)
http://library.findlaw.com/1999/Mar/3/129051.html
Good article. Enjoy.

“Marijuna should be legal for medical reasons” - Marijuana doesn't cure or aid any ailment that a synthetic drug can't already do.

“Marijuna doesn't hurt anyone” - Besides 2nd hand smoke, we'd be introducing another, much less testable method of killing people: driving while high.

“Marijuana legalization will save money for the government” - Perhaps. Ignoring that some econimists disagree, trading a few innocent lives for a money is EVIL, no matter how you word it.

“Marijuana use would reduce crime” - People would still grow and sell marijuana by non-regulated, illegal means. They'd still be criminals and still would go to jail. Also, there's no guarantee that legalizing other drugs will reduce the market for new, still-illegal substances that offer new experiences, which might end with us trapped in the same old cycle.

“Compared to cigarettes and alcohol, marijuana isn't that bad and should be legal” - We can address cigarettes and alcohol elsewhere; but adding marijuana to the list of harmful substances that are legal isn't the answer.

“The war on drugs hasn't worked” - All the drug offenders in jail shows that it DOES work. Ignoring that the war on drugs is a fair one, certainly the war on drugs has detoured some would-be growers, users, and offenders.

I just don't see a vaild arguement for legalization.
SpANG at 9:25AM, March 2, 2007
(online)
reconjsh
'SpANG'
I must say I find that remark highly offensive.

Sorry to have offended you; that's not my intention. I don't understand why someone who doesn't/won't use drugs would want to legalize them when several studies have linked/suggested legalization wouldn't save us any money and the obvious increase in drug use would create an obvious increase in drug related deaths. Would you explain so I can retract my generalization?

My position is that people should have the right to do whatever they want to their own bodies, and no government should tell you otherwise. Drugs, alcohol, abortion, not wearing your seatbelt, whatever. Are there exceptions to this rule? Sure. Laws are written to protect the innocent. Your position to me seems to be that people can't be trusted make thier own decisions. I absolutely disagree with that stance. It's a slippery slope. First it's drugs, then it's abortion, then cigarettes, then cheeseburgers, then political views, and before you know it, we are a just a bunch of automatons that only do what we are told.

reconjsh
I just don't see a vaild arguement for legalization.
Then you are not looking very hard to find one.;)
What is ‘obvious’ to you can be negated by other studies that say the complete opposite of what you say is canon. Take Meaghan Cussen and Walter Block from American Journal of Economics and Sociology. Heck, Just google “studies for legalizing drugs” and you will find hundreds of “for” and ‘against’ sites/studies.

And just as a side note, there are several studies out there that prove that marijuana and many other drugs are much less harmful than alcohol and cigarettes. So, yeah, the ‘bottom class’, all ‘classes’… might actually be better off in the long run anyway.
subcultured at 9:38AM, March 2, 2007
(online)
i'm not against the use of marijiuana and other illegal drugs if they are for scientific and medical purposes. but for the purpose of just getting high, i am highly against.

suicide is illegal, even though it is your choice. even if in that moment you think you are doing everyone a favor.

sometimes a society have to take steps to safegaurding the people from themselves.

J
SpANG at 10:59AM, March 2, 2007
(online)
I'd rather see someone safeguarding human rights, rather than telling me what I can and cannot do with my own life.

Oh, yeah. suicide is constitutionally unjust as well (IMO). But i guess that's another debate. ;)
reconjsh at 11:15AM, March 2, 2007
(online)
'SpANG'
My position is that people should have the right to do whatever they want to their own bodies, and no government should tell you otherwise.

And you qualified this with “as long as it doesn't harm innocents”

You're right, you can find arguements for both sides… all by professionals. So it comes down to this for me. Will legalizing pot create more innocent victims, not effect the victim levels, or lower them?

Well, we all agree that there are innocent victims in pot abuse. And I think it's clear that pot use will increase if pot is legalized***. So if there are more users, then there will be more abusers. If there's more abusers, then there will be more innocent victims. And we have an obligation to protect the innocent.

*** Research Arizona and California in the latest years for an increase of users since they're recent ‘legalization’. Estimated levels are AT LEAST 5% immediately after legalization. Access, lower costs, no legal detourants - all are products of legalizing marijuana that will contribute to increased use… I don't think this particular point is up for debate.
SpANG at 12:38PM, March 2, 2007
(online)
Protect the innocents… Okay! If you say so.

Cars cause pollution and smog. They kill people everyday, too. Sure, it's usually people that are not responsible enough to be on the road, But if we make it illegal for anyone to own a car, less people die.

Fire claims victims all the time, and a lot of people are very negligent when it comes to fire and fire hazards. Hey, let's make fire illegal too. If some people are going to screw around, we better make it illegal for everyone.

Water! So many people drown because of carelessness. Plus, people may slip in a bath tub and die! We should make water illegal for everyone too.

Food! Too many fat people dying of heart disease. Not being responsible for what they eat. Time to let the government take care of that one too. Maybe we can get personal weigh stations that people are required to go to every week. Hmmm.

Guns kill people every day because of carelessness or intended violence. Maybe we should get rid of the pesky second amendment, hmm? 'Cause if that guy kills people with a gun, you just might to.

The point is that ANYTHING is dangerous in the wrong hands. Where do you draw the line? How do you draw the line? How can YOU say that I can have this, but I can't have that, because some irresponsible people will cause harm with it? That's just ludicrous.

All this pre-emptive fascist nonsense is really nauseating after a while.
reconjsh at 12:59PM, March 2, 2007
(online)
SpANG
Protect the innocents… Okay! If you say so.

Cars cause pollution and smog. They kill people everyday, too. Sure, it's usually people that are not responsible enough to be on the road, But if we make it illegal for anyone to own a car, less people die.

Fire claims victims all the time, and a lot of people are very negligent when it comes to fire and fire hazards. Hey, let's make fire illegal too. If some people are going to screw around, we better make it illegal for everyone.

Water! So many people drown because of carelessness. Plus, people may slip in a bath tub and die! We should make water illegal for everyone too.

Food! Too many fat people dying of heart disease. Not being responsible for what they eat. Time to let the government take care of that one too. Maybe we can get personal weigh stations that people are required to go to every week. Hmmm.

Guns kill people every day because of carelessness or intended violence. Maybe we should get rid of the pesky second amendment, hmm? 'Cause if that guy kills people with a gun, you just might to.

The point is that ANYTHING is dangerous in the wrong hands. Where do you draw the line? How do you draw the line? How can YOU say that I can have this, but I can't have that, because some irresponsible people will cause harm with it? That's just ludicrous.

All this pre-emptive fascist nonsense is really nauseating after a while.

Hey, you're right on the money man!
Cars - Smogging and polluting SHOULD be illegal and hopefully will someday soon before global warming kills us all. High emissions ALREADY ARE illegal. It's also illegal to operate a car in an unsafe manner.
Fire - people have and should be punished for neglect in this area. Things that are unsafe and cause fire are illegal… fireworks are a good example… in my state, it's illegal to have ones that fly into the air and/or explode.
Water - drinking water is regulated and making it unsafe is illegal. Swimming in some areas is illegal too - especially those that are very unsafe.
Food - They regulate what can go into food. Trans fat is illegal in New York now, how neat is that? Eventually, I hope that the only things available are healthy foods. And also they're taking morbidly obese kids away from parents on grounds of neglect.
Guns - heavily regulated and the especially deadly ones like heavy machine guns are illegal.

All the things you've mentioned already ARE regulated and illegal to varying degrees. We're not talking about those things, we're talking about marijuana. And marijuana is known to cause death in a number of ways I've already outlined in other posts.

So I guess I missed the point of your previoius post. You're right! People NEED to be protected from their own stupidity, especially if their ignorance is going to lead to someone else getting hurt. Thank you for citing examples of how we already do this.

This is nothing at you SpANG, but the method of your last point seems to be a very common political tactic in America today. They shift the focus from the real issue and justify not taking action by showing you other bad things. All those things are bad too… and at the VERY LEAST, we shouldn't take backwards steps. I can suffer slow progress in our society; chaning people takes time. But legalizing one more mass victim-creating vice into our society is so opposite our goal of advancement that it staggers me to think people actually support this for any other reason than “i want to get high”.

Where do we draw the line? I think we draw the line at not going backwards. The real arguement should be education… so we can act responsibly as individuals.
Phantom Penguin at 1:32PM, March 2, 2007
(offline)
Marijuana and booze are both very different, Booze seeped into the way of life for regular americans, Marijuana wasn't always ileagal either, but its been that way for more then a hundred years.

And recon is damn right, people do need to be protected from themselves, If it wasn't a law some people would do some pretty retarded stuff.

Freedom is great, but if people were given absolute freedom i think they would all kill eachother.
SpANG at 1:53PM, March 2, 2007
(online)
reconjsh
Hey, you're right on the money man!
Cars - Smogging and polluting SHOULD be illegal and hopefully will someday soon before global warming kills us all. High emissions ALREADY ARE illegal. It's also illegal to operate a car in an unsafe manner.
Fire - people have and should be punished for neglect in this area. Things that are unsafe and cause fire are illegal… fireworks are a good example… in my state, it's illegal to have ones that fly into the air and/or explode.
Water - drinking water is regulated and making it unsafe is illegal. Swimming in some areas is illegal too - especially those that are very unsafe.
Food - They regulate what can go into food. Trans fat is illegal in New York now, how neat is that? Eventually, I hope that the only things available are healthy foods. And also they're taking morbidly obese kids away from parents on grounds of neglect.
Guns - heavily regulated and the especially deadly ones like heavy machine guns are illegal.

All the things you've mentioned already ARE regulated and illegal to varying degrees. We're not talking about those things, we're talking about marijuana. And marijuana is known to cause death in a number of ways I've already outlined in other posts.

So I guess I missed the point of your previoius post. You're right! People NEED to be protected from their own stupidity, especially if their ignorance is going to lead to someone else getting hurt. Thank you for citing examples of how we already do this.

Whoosh! Yep. You missed my point entirely.

My argument is all of these products are available for consumption.

Your argument is about how it's produced and/or sold. Of course there are regulations on that! There has to be!

This whole thread is about the CONSUMPTION of a PRODUCT, and how that is illegal.

Eh, when they come to take away your guns, you'll probably be whistling a different tune.
reconjsh at 4:29PM, March 2, 2007
(online)
Actually, my point was that your point “they are available for consumption” is innaccurate. Because alot of what you've cited ISN'T available. And in the future, they will become less and less available.

Someone
This whole thread is about the CONSUMPTION of a PRODUCT, and how that is illegal.

You're right. And consumption of this particular product kills people directly and indirectly. Just as I've always stated, all these things that kill people (alcohol, cigarettes, drugs, pollution, etc) should and will become less available and eventually completely illegal. Explain to me how pot abuse won't increase with legalization and how innocent abuse related deaths won't also increase. Any other arguement seems selfish to me.

I've already addressed the impact of legalization on other society. It kills innocent people; oppresses the poor; and has, at best, a minor impact on the economy - of course, at a rich cost of human lives and dignity. I think this is clear since there's been little rebutal on that.

So now I'll address ‘why do people need/want to use drugs?’ I don't get it. Expand your mind by reading the classics, listening to the ocean, contemplating art, meditating, whatever. What kind of inferior human being ‘needs’ to take a mind altering drug to be creative or clever, feel-right, not be depressed, experience new things, or any of the other reasons for smoking pot. Sure, these things may help. But to use the word ‘need’ is pathetic. ‘Want’ is the word people should really use.

And if you're using the word ‘want’, then you're a very selfish person to be willing to exchange your desires for other innocent people's lives.

To me, this whole debate about legalization boils down to “people should have the right to do whatever they want to their own bodies, and no government should tell you otherwise.” - … and this is a selfish stance.
Phantom Penguin at 5:49PM, March 2, 2007
(offline)
reconjsh
To me, this whole debate about legalization boils down to “people should have the right to do whatever they want to their own bodies, and no government should tell you otherwise.” - … and this is a selfish stance.
Its because drug users have weak minds. That is the only excuse for abuse of a substance to the extent that they ‘need’ it.
While i think most things people do to their body's should be legal, something that not only endangers the life of the user but the life of people around them (meth labs, needles, second hand smoke) should not be something that could be legal. ever.
subcultured at 6:03PM, March 2, 2007
(online)
i think once you are hooked, it's hard to back out.
it's not that they have weak minds, but drugs usually have an affinity of destroying most receptors that you get pleasure from except its own.

so nothing makes them happy, but taking that drug…hence the addiction.

it reminds me of a movie with denzel washington “richochete”, where he was a cop and some serial killer tied him up and kept drugging him and then he let him go. he didn't wanna be a ddicted, but after he was let go…he just kept searching for that drug.
J
Priest_Revan at 9:49PM, March 2, 2007
(offline)
Legalizing that stuff wouldn't be the best of ideas.

We already have a problem with tobacco…
Updates Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday's (depends).

7/0

Offering Project Wonderful Ad space on my website.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:48PM
ozoneocean at 4:38PM, March 3, 2007
(online)
Heh, that point about heavy machine guns is stupid. They're no more dangerous to most people than a pistol, probably less: Because a pistol can be concealed so easily and they're so light and portable, a person can take one into a crowded place and theoretically kill about 17 people with each clip, and then another 17 for each clip they load (or however many a clip loads), always able to simply slip to another crowded place to look for more victims. There is no easy protection against a gunshot, you can't outrun a bullet…

Now Heavy machine guns a big and VERY visible, and have to be transported by a vehicle. And besides, in some states in the US they ARE legal, as well as rocket launchers, Vulcan ‘mini’ guns, 20mm cannon, and even artillery. ;)

Interesting!

Cannabis doesn't cause many extra problems in places where it is legal and regulated, and solves may stupid ones that exist only because it is illegal. All smoke is a cancer risk, more if you're directly sucking it from the source, but cannabis is simply not physically addictive the way nicotine is so from that perspective it's actually better. Cannabis used excessively at a young age by individuals prone to schizophrenia will apparently help to manifest the problem when otherwise it may have remained dormant. -but why should they be using when they're so young anyway? If it was fully legal and regulated it probably wouldn't make that trouble more prevalent because there's age limits on smoking anyway (although it would be cheaper and more available), but education, treatment and even research into safer methods of usage would probably come along with the legalisation.

reconjsh's argument is exactly the one the prohibitionists used for taking alcohol away from responsible users. We all know how flawed that was and all the extra trouble it caused.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
reconjsh at 5:34PM, March 3, 2007
(online)
Double O, you haven't addressed any of my points. Fine, the automatic weapons is a weak point. What about everything else?

The main point is: Legalizing marijuana will kill more innocent people; oppresses the poor; and will, at best, have a minor impact on the economy. Now tell me why someone's need to get high is more important than those 3 consequences of legalization?
ozoneocean at 8:13PM, March 3, 2007
(online)
Because that's the same as the argument put by the prohibitionists and it wasn't true in that case either :)
I'll leave it to someone else who's more into the topic to be more specific.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:26PM
rengori at 8:45PM, March 3, 2007
(offline)
I'm just going to add, you don't have to smoke pot, you can bake it or, if that's too time consuming, just eat it.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:05PM
reconjsh at 9:03PM, March 3, 2007
(online)
rengori
I'm just going to add, you don't have to smoke pot, you can bake it or, if that's too time consuming, just eat it.

And could put THC into a pill. Besides 2nd hand smoke, it's the impairment drugs create that will kill people.
Aurora Moon at 9:41PM, March 3, 2007
(offline)
reconjsh
rengori

And could put THC into a pill. Besides 2nd hand smoke, it's the impairment drugs create that will kill people.

that I can agree with. that's why I don't believe in achchol at all. After all, plenty of drunk drivers have killed tons of people. people's done so many things they regreted while drunk… heck, there's even drunk people who gets violent with thier loved ones, as far to abuse thier children and wives/husbands. they become impaired and do things they would had not normally done.

it's a liquid drug that has definely earned it's vile repuation.

that's why I wish that it would just get BANNED outright, and all traces of alchocol demolished competely!!!

but…. history shows that didn't work at all, and only created more problems when people tried to Ban achchol competely at all.
banning it created an increase in crime, gave power to mobs and the mafia because tons of people who craved achchol came crawling to those vile criminals. those vile criminals created underground clubs and what not that catered to achoilics. more people also turned to crime in order to get what they wanted.
and there was also an high increase in deaths of people who tried to make thier own verison of homebrew achchol… but died because the achchol they made wasn't very safe at all.

pretty much what's happening here. by banning marijuana, you're giving POWER to the criminals and the drug-dealers! because people who are addicted has nowhere to turn to for an way to have thier habit in an safe manner. no doctors at all to regulate thier habit so they don't O.D, they don't dabble in drugs that's been laced with rat poision or something.
addicted people will have to resort to commiting crimes to get what they want. and it'll be even HARDER for them to break thier habit… because if they even admit they have an problem with Marijiarna–they'll get arrested, they'll have thier children taken away from them, etc… so they tend to keep thier addictions serect, and never get help even if they WANTED To.

that's already happening here….
I'm on hitatus while I redo one of my webcomics. Be sure to check it out when I'n done! :)
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:09AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved