Media Megaforum

Legion Of Super Heroes goes to Kids WB
jalford at 3:40AM, April 27, 2006
(online)
Kids WB will premiere a new DC Comics animated show next season, Legion Of Super-Heroes. Whether this will be the exact kind they showed in a recent episode of Justice League Unlimited WITH Supergirl as a cast regular remains to be seen.

Also, it appears as if Kids WB is dropping their anime lineup for next year. This includes Pokemon, Yugioh, and Viewtiful Joe.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM
PhatScurl at 1:15PM, April 27, 2006
(offline)
i used to love saturday morning cartoons, but recently fox kids (or 4kids network, like the government wants you to believe) and WB have been filled with some of the biggest line-up of anime crap i've ever seen, my eye's burn from the horror of voice acting, and i like anime! It's pretty sad, when i find sleeping more entertaining than watching cartoons (ILL NEVER GROW UP). Hopefully with this new line up, of at the least, good anime (be better if they didn't even attempt anime EVER AGAIN), will make me cartoon addicted again.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
Hawk at 4:20PM, April 27, 2006
(online)
I'd really like to see us get off this anime kick we've been on for the last couple years. Ditching monster-collecting and card-battle animes are a good start. I won't mind if we still have anime, I just want less of it. Especially less of the kind of “it” we've been getting.

Now, I wonder what this new DC cartoon will be like.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:45PM
ccs1989 at 6:28PM, April 27, 2006
(online)
If they get rid of all that anime I will be a very happy person.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
isukun at 7:29AM, April 28, 2006
(online)
While I personally can't stand broadcast anime (it's either stupid to begin with or completely destroyed by the consors), I still find it preferable to a lot of the crap the US is creating on its own. Plus it helps widen the fan base for anime so publishers are more likely to pick up series for domestic release.

I probably wouldn't mind seeing companies like 4kids go under, though. I know it isn't going to happen, but I truly despise their total refusal to do anything for the anime fan community. Viz is getting as bad.

.: isukun :.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:03PM
Thevampire_kain01 at 8:16AM, April 28, 2006
(offline)
god not another one….. another “Teen titains” type show. god!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:29PM
SpANG at 9:03AM, April 28, 2006
(online)
Mr. Neil
Well I suppose it was only a matter of time before Pokemon finally ran out of steam.

Glad to hear it. Pokemon is the devil. :D

.: SpANG! :.
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:51PM
Ian Jay at 1:09PM, April 28, 2006
(offline)
jalford
Also, it appears as if Kids WB is dropping their anime lineup for next year. This includes Pokemon, Yugioh, and Viewtiful Joe.

Let us dance in the streets, for stupid TV shows made out of Japanese games are finally dead! HUZZAH!

~IJ

PS:…?
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:56PM
Inkmonkey at 2:55PM, April 28, 2006
(online)
Tater Salad
Why aren't there any Avengers shows? I mean, Justice League is allright and all, but I never got into the shows much because I didn't give a crap about most DC heroes. Superman is decent, Batman is my favorite, and the rest I couldn't give less of a crap about. Green Latern is pretty cool though. Not enough of him.

But really, an animated series done well of Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk with cameos by Spider-Man and the X-Men?

Badass.

Do the Ultimate Avengers DVDs count? I get the impression you're talking more about series' than direct-to-video movies, but that's probably as close as we're gonna get for a while now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:59PM
magickmaker at 9:01PM, April 28, 2006
(offline)
Tater Salad
Why aren't there any Avengers shows? I mean, Justice League is allright and all, but I never got into the shows much because I didn't give a crap about most DC heroes. Superman is decent, Batman is my favorite, and the rest I couldn't give less of a crap about. Green Latern is pretty cool though. Not enough of him.

But really, an animated series done well of Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk with cameos by Spider-Man and the X-Men?

Badass.

I could not agree more. I'm more of an X-Fan, but I've recently got into the Young Avengers and am thinking about branching into the regular Avengers.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:50PM
ccs1989 at 8:56AM, April 29, 2006
(online)
Hey remeber when Kids WB used to be good? Like when they had shows like Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain?

I want to go back to the 90's.
http://ccs1989.deviantart.com

“If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.”
-Henry David Thoreau, Walden
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:37AM
marine at 10:05AM, April 29, 2006
(offline)
Saturday mornings arent dead. Their on www.youtube.com.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:51PM
jalford at 12:32AM, May 1, 2006
(online)
Tater Salad

I think Marvel went with making the Avengers an OVA series since it is more of a “fanboy” kind of show. Watching the Avengers means having to have knowledge of the previous history of all the characters. In X-Men, you could just say that their entire team is mutants fighting for peace and equality, or Fantastic Four is about a group of friends who suddenly become superheroes and learn to use them for good. Avengers is a hybrid of various characters with different backgrounds. Trying to tie them all together for an ongoing weekly TV series is kinda tricky, at least one that would be satisfying for the viewers. Certainly not like the 90s Avengers series. At least Justice League had material from two previous TV series.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:06PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved