Random Discussion

Legitamacy of Obama's birth certificate
seventy2 at 10:26AM, Nov. 24, 2008
(online)
http://www.blogtext.org/naturalborncitizen/

apparantly they're bringing the case back, and this time the supreme court is going to get involved.

the previous one was dissmissed with not enough evidence, although they never brought in obama's certificate.

i have a question regarding who would be president. i mean, if it's found out before inauguration, it goes to Mccain, as runner up. but if it's after, does it go to biden? or pelosi?

i ask if it skips biden, because he could possibly be “involved” and therefore possibly ineligble to be inline. or does it go back to mccain.

also, the news was all over the case in august, when it came up in new jersy, but now there's nothing about it now that it's the supreme court.
facara
Running Anew an exercise blog.
I'm gonna love you till the money comes, half of it's gonna be mine someday.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:29PM
bravo1102 at 1:25PM, Nov. 24, 2008
(online)
Interesting, just for the heck of it what would happen if Obama was discovered not to have been eligable to run for president? I think that's why the Supreme COurt would have to decide, then it gets thrown to the electoral college. With only one eligible candidate that would leave McCain the president unless Biden's name could be put forward since he was Obama's running mate. Do the rules of succession count for a president-elect?

Constitutional Crisis!

Then the Joint Chiefs along with the Red Lectroids from Planet 10 (and you thought it was Reptoids HA!) take over…
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:33AM
lothar at 6:36AM, Nov. 25, 2008
(online)
Fucking Hell ! when those fag republicans cant win an election fairly they have to go to the supreme court and twist arms to get their guy in there . this is fuu
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:45PM
Signz at 12:48PM, Nov. 25, 2008
(offline)
if this actually happens, expect riots and shit blowing up.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:36PM
BffSatan at 1:16AM, Nov. 26, 2008
(online)
I'm not that familliar with how America runs it's politics in detail but I think that nothing good can come from cheating democracey, if a president is ever forced to be removed from power and a member of the opposite party takes the place then that is the ultimate failure of democracey.
People voted Obama in and now nothing else should matter untill his four years are up and the people decide to kick him out.
They also voted to keep Mcain out, putting him in place of Obama is wrong on so many levels, if Obama has to go then I think at least Biden should replace him.

Anyway, what I think might happen is they will hold another election. I'm basing this on how this would be handled in Australia. In the 70's we had a simillar constitutional crisis, I won't go into details but the short story is the prime minister was dismissed and we held a new election. Since our system is based of Americas and Englands I assume that it would be simillar.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:20AM
ozoneocean at 1:54AM, Nov. 26, 2008
(online)
BffSatan
I won't go into details but the short story is the prime minister was dismissed and we held a new election. Since our system is based of Americas and Englands I assume that it would be simillar.
It's not based off of America's at al that I know.
It couldn't be similar anyway, because they inveigled the Governor General to dismiss the government- he basically acted at the head of state.
In the U.S. the president IS the head of state, so…?

And anyway, in Australia we don't elect our leader- the party with the majority forms the government and selects their own leader.
In the U.S. they indirectly elect their leader (a lot more directly than us though). And the rest of his administration doesn't have to be elected, unlike the Australian cabinet of ruling ministers who are responsible for taxation, foreign affairs and such. Apart from that I don't know. They have a senate and a house of representatives I think and that help pass laws and such, set up comities to look into things. Pass legislation (or not) introduced by the president…

————–
There are similarities in structure because they probably have the a lot of English origin too, as you say, but the differences at the top are rather large. The things you say about cheating democracy though are extremely pertinent and interesting!
————–

The birth certificate thing is a nonsense and has less chance of going through than Dick Cheeny and Rumsfeld have of being tried for war crimes.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
bravo1102 at 6:32AM, Nov. 26, 2008
(online)
Yeah it is as bogus as McCain and his being born in the Panama Canal Zone. However, it makes for an interesting “What-if” I doubt we'd see McCain declared the de facto winner.

I'm thinking Obama would be disqualified than presidential succession rules take over and Biden would be president. And he should choose Michele Obama as his VP. Now that would be interesting. :)

It could head off riots.
rufus_edge at 10:26AM, Nov. 26, 2008
(online)
I know you guys like to think you know everything, but I'm pretty sure Clarence Thomas is smarter than you are.
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:12PM
darrell at 1:07PM, Nov. 26, 2008
(online)
I'm going to avoid the legitimacy of the claims but as for the “What if..?” scenario:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/President_elect#President-elect_succession

“In cases where a president has not been chosen by January 20 or ”fails to qualify“, or if the President-elect dies before the January 20 inauguration, the 20th Amendment states the Vice President-elect becomes president. In cases where no President-elect or Vice president-elect have qualified, the amendment also gives Congress the authority to declare an acting president until such time as a President or Vice president has qualified. At this point the Presidential Succession Act of 1947 would apply, with the office of the Presidency going to the Speaker of the House of Representatives, followed by the President pro tempore of the Senate and various Cabinet officers.”

So I'd say that Obama “fails to qualify” and Biden would be bumped up to President elect. Even if he was part of some sort of cover up I don't think that would disqualify him right away. He'd probably have to be removed through some other form of legal process or forced to resign or something. At that point, it would go to the Speaker of the House, President pro tempore of the Senate, etc, etc. So no, McCain would not be in the picture.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:08PM
SpANG at 10:29AM, Nov. 27, 2008
(online)
rufus_edge
I know you guys like to think you know everything, but I'm pretty sure Clarence Thomas is smarter than you are.
Even smart people make stupid decisions. Or have you never heard of Anita Hill?
“To a rational mind, nothing is inexplicable. Only unexplained.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:53PM
ozoneocean at 8:25PM, Nov. 28, 2008
(online)
SpANG
rufus_edge
I haven't.

I've heard of ant hills…?

bravo1102 at 7:49AM, Dec. 1, 2008
(online)
SpANG
rufus_edge

He better be smarter than me, I don't sit on the Supreme Court. I have read excerpts from his decisions and his arguments are always well reasoned. As far as an admitted layman can know.(as in not a lawyer, but I am an historian :) what not just a web comic artist type? Sorry to disappoiont you but I have some degrees and they aren't in art but in history, they even trust me to teach children and everything :) AlsoHow many museums have you made exhibits for? ;) I may not be the brightest light on the tree but I actually have credentials and stuff. ;)

I say Biden should step down too and Nancy Pelosi can be President. :) Talk about a Republican nightmare.
rufus_edge at 6:24PM, Dec. 2, 2008
(online)
bravo1102
Clarence Thomas is smarter than me yadda yadda yadda…

Therefore, I'm correct.

Also, it isn't just Justice Thomas anymore, it's the entire Supreme Court.

US Supreme Court
Donofrio v. Wells was distributed for conference of December 5, 2008 by the full Court after a prior referral of the application by Justice Thomas.
ozoneocean at 8:05PM, Dec. 2, 2008
(online)
rufus_edge
Therefore, I'm correct.
He's not smarter than me.

Or any of the rest of them.

You might call that arrogance, but I could care less. It's not in the nature of people from my country to bow down to others because of their wealth, position, or title and go “Oh yes mister, sir, you are better than me because of this or that…”

Such behaviour and assumptions are toadying and pathetic.

bravo1102 at 7:33AM, Dec. 3, 2008
(online)
rufus_edge
bravo1102
Clarence Thomas is smarter than me yadda yadda yadda…

Therefore, I'm correct.

Also, it isn't just Justice Thomas anymore, it's the entire Supreme Court.

US Supreme Court
Donofrio v. Wells was distributed for conference of December 5, 2008 by the full Court after a prior referral of the application by Justice Thomas.

Uh yes, if you were as literate as you pretend you'd have penetrated the sarcasm and seen that I was agreeing with you. Any question regarding a presidential election should be conclusively answered.

Of course probably having been educated in the USA in all likelihood you are functionally illiterate. ;) I would suggest getting off the internet and reading, start with Robert Hofstetter and then Susan Jacoby. In other words don't just read what echos your own opinions. The intelligent man thinks he knows everything, the wise man knows not only can you not know everything, that you probably know nothing. The most important thing anyone can do is analyze and weigh an opposing opinion and see if it may be more valid than your own and then acknowledge is that you were wrong. :)

Nah, I'm right, you're wrong, I never bow to the possible greater validity of another opinion because I'm the smartest guy in the room. ;) Been there, done that and then realized that I was wrong for having done so.
rufus_edge at 10:38AM, Dec. 3, 2008
(online)
bravo and ozzy
I'm smart look at me la la la la la la

bravo
Uh yes, if you were as literate as you pretend you'd have penetrated the sarcasm and seen that I was agreeing with you. Any question regarding a presidential election should be conclusively answered.

Are you serious about this? If so, why do you feel the need to be a jackass about it?
NickGuy at 11:07AM, Dec. 3, 2008
(online)
this is ridiculous. this issue should have been resolved before he was even a candidate. If it turns out that he slipped through and isnt an american citizen, then thats just absolutely ridiculous.

“Kung Fu Komix IS…hardcore martial art action all the way. 8/10” -Harkovast
“Kung Fu Komix is that rare comic that is made with heart and love of the medium, and it delivers” -Zenstrive
“Kung Fu Komix is…so awesome” -threeeyeswurm
“Kung Fu Komix is..told with all the stupid exuberance of the genre it parodies” -The Real Macabre
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:15PM
Mushroomcomix at 8:47PM, Dec. 4, 2008
(online)
I agree with NickGuy, shouldn't his credentials have been checked, double checked, and triple checked over and over and over again before he was even nominated?? If he wasn't born in America then they should have known before this ever happened it's not like he was running for a small position he is going to be president!! Perhaps it is just a conspiracy because the republicans are pissed and couldn't demand a recount since McCain lost so horribly…and a recount in Florida wasn't going to help them win.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:08PM
ozoneocean at 10:40PM, Dec. 4, 2008
(online)
of course the whole thing is a joke.
You guys say those things should have been checked? well the obvious answer was that they were. Duh.
Do you think that democratic political machine would have even BOTHERED getting behind someone to propel them to that office without finding every little tiny thing they could about every single aspect of his life that they could? Especially something as STUPIDLY obvious as his citizenship?

Look, only morons believe in this conspiracy. It's as simple as that.
Question: Are you a moron?
If you answer “no”, then move along, nothing to see here.
If the answer is yes: Then I feel very, very sorry for you because life has so much mystery, complexity and wonder and you're missing out on most of it because you are a dribbling cretin.

The people supporting this action don't do so because they believe in it. They do so for two main reasons:
1. To be a thorn in the side of the new president because they don't like him, for whatever reason.-Racists, sore loser Republicans, etc.
2. To shake public (read: people stupid enough to find the idea credible) confidence in Obama.

rufus_edge at 10:44AM, Dec. 5, 2008
(online)
What the hell is wrong with you?
Maybe you're the moron here.

You think it's “stupidly obvious” because you assume that the DNC knows what it's doing. Assumptions never hold up in court, no matter how obvious they may seem. You need at least a tiny bit of proof. You can't register for Little League or get a Driver's License without providing a valid, physical copy of your original Birth Certificate, even if everyone assumes that it exists.

Does Howard Dean really know every little thing about Obama? Did he know about Auntie Zeituni and Uncle Omar being illegal aliens? Did he see the LA Times' secret tape of him at a banquet with Rashid Khalidi? Did he see the medical records and school records that have never been released? Maybe he did, and maybe he didn't. Maybe he did and saw that there was something disturbing about them, and decided to do everything possible to keep the public from finding out about it. You may think Nancy Pelosi, who signed papers certifying Obama's qualifications, knows what she's doing, but 91% of Americans don't think she knows what she's doing. Maybe Dean and Pelosi just assumed that he was a natural-born citizen because they think he'd be too stupid to run for president if he knew he didn't qualify.

If there are any nine people in the world that you shouldn't call “morons”, it's the US Supreme Court. They're smarter than you are. They're smarter than I am. They're smarter than Obama, Biden, Dean, Pelosi, Reid, McCain, Donofrio, Wells, Keyes, Berg, Martin, and virtually everyone else in the world. They get appointed to the Supreme Court by the president because they're brilliant and experienced, they aren't smart because they're on the Supreme Court. They know far more about legal matters and the Constitution than you do, and it's their job to deal with these things for the rest of their lives. Every single member of the Supreme Court thinks that this issue is worth checking out. If that doesn't convince you that you're wrong for calling it “a joke”, “stupidly obvious”, and “nonsense”, you're probably the world's biggest moron.

Also, this particular lawsuit deals with something that the Obama campaign did know about, and the Supreme Court thinks that it could potentially disqualify him from being a natural-born citizen. If you don't know what it is, maybe you're the moron. If you don't know what it is, maybe you're the one who is illiterate.

You may not know this because you may be a moron, but McCain and Roger Calero were also mentioned in this particular lawsuit. McCain has provided his original long-form birth certificate, and his natural-born status is still in question. Calero was born in Nicaragua, so he doesn't meet the qualifications to become president. However, he was still nominated, he was on the ballot in five states, and he received over 7,000 votes. But that didn't happen according to you, because all of those people would have bothered to find out about it and do the Constitutionally-correct thing.

Also, you may be a moron for calling people racist for questioning him. Clarence Thomas and Alan Keyes are both twice as black as he could ever hope to be. They're also more likely to be descendants of slaves than Obama, who doesn't have a single ounce of slave blood in him. It's also possible that his family owned slaves, but that hasn't been looked into (except by the DNC, according to you). The reason they are questioning this is because they care about the Constitution.

Maybe you're not just a moron, but a racist as well, because you don't like Thomas and Keyes questioning this.

DUH
ozoneocean at 1:56PM, Dec. 5, 2008
(online)
I didn't call anyone a moron ;)

I said they were morons if they actually believe in this conspiracy. I went further and said the people behind it didn't do so because the two main reasons they support 6this lie are:
1. To be a thorn in the side of the new president because they don't like him, for whatever reason.-Racists, sore loser Republicans, etc.
2. To shake public (read: people stupid enough to find the idea credible) confidence in Obama.

I can see you're a little naive and very new to this political thing, which is charming, almost endearing. But take baby steps and don't think you know the answers at first go. These political men is tricky buggers lol!
Important advice right here: Be careful of believing things because you want to believe them.

That's an old political trick… the oldest and most important, but when the lie is too big, like the “swift boat Veterans”, or with this, they only catch the idiots. You're not an idiot are you? :(

Another thing you don't know: courts don't believe things. They only decide based on what is put before them. They don't decide on truth either, just what they have before them in the way it's been presented. If they're political appointees most will tend to judge a political case in favour of the party that appointed them if they can spin the facts, the precedent, and the law to support that position.

Sorry if this is a crash course for you on how these things work, but you really do have to learn sometime. :)

rufus_edge at 2:11PM, Dec. 5, 2008
(online)
Oh, please. Like some other people on DrunkDuck, you're not impressing anybody but yourself.

The fact that you returned to this topic is an admission that you're a moron, if you believe your own statements.

self-admitted moron

You didn't “move along”, thus you are a moron.
SpANG at 3:43PM, Dec. 5, 2008
(online)
rufus_edge
You need at least a tiny bit of proof. You can't register for Little League or get a Driver's License without providing a valid, physical copy of your original Birth Certificate, even if everyone assumes that it exists.
Are you suggesting that Obama never got a Driver's Lisence, or have you just proved that he has a valid U.S. birth cerificate? OMG more conspiracy!

The truth is that no matter what PROOF is attained, the nay-sayers will demand more. Whoever debunks it next, be it Clarence Thomas or whoever, you'll just say they are in Obama's pocket too. This won't end, because the people in front of this feel vindicated by their sheeple supporters.
rufus_edge at 4:30PM, Dec. 5, 2008
(online)
Nope.

It wasn't always necessary to provide a birth certificate in order to acquire a driver's license, and the requirements vary by state. It wasn't required until 2005 in Missouri.

Also, people who weren't born in the US can get driver's licenses if they provide proof of birth from whatever country they were born in.

Donofrio v. Wells doesn't have a damn thing to do with proof, it's about how the Supreme Court interprets the meaning of the term “natural born citizen”.
ozoneocean at 5:56PM, Dec. 5, 2008
(online)
rufus_edge
Oh, please. Like some other people on DrunkDuck, you're not impressing anybody but yourself.

The fact that you returned to this topic is an admission that you're a moron, if you believe your own statements.

self-admitted moron

You didn't “move along”, thus you are a moron.
You really do have a great deal of trouble comprehending subtlety don't you? lol!
I shouldn't be surprised by that though since people with your political views are typically characterised by slowness of thought. ;)

———————————–
As to your silly answer to Spang about the license: Yes, he really would've had to show his real birth certificate then and in many other cases too. lol!
In so many situation you need one… Don't you realise that? You must realise that surely? I mean, come ON man! That's why people who believe this conspiracy are morons.

rufus_edge at 6:20PM, Dec. 5, 2008
(online)
I really hope you think you're being clever, even though nobody else does, because your unfounded narcissism is the only thing that you will have to keep you entertained when you're burning in hell for all eternity for the way you treat people.

As for your really fucking moronic reply about the driver's license, no he wouldn't have had to show his real birth certificate in that case. I didn't need to show my birth certificate when I got my driver's license. If he ever did need to show his birth certificate for something else, it wouldn't have mattered if it was from the US or Kenya. You are a moron because you just called every single member of the Supreme Court a moron again for believing this “conspiracy”.

But I shouldn't be surprised, because people with your political views usually spend all day smoking pot and having sex with koala bears while worshipping Adolf Hitler.

SpANG at 8:17AM, Dec. 6, 2008
(online)
rufus_edge
You are a moron because you just called every single member of the Supreme Court a moron again for believing this “conspiracy”.
Are you lying on purpose? Clarence Thomas brought to deliberate whether to take up a case calling into question Obama’s U.S. citizenship. That's pretty damn different.

The Supreme Court hasn't even commented yet.
rufus_edge at 8:40AM, Dec. 6, 2008
(online)
No, you missed the update.

US Supreme Court
ozoneocean at 10:14AM, Dec. 6, 2008
(online)
rufus_edge
You are a moron because you just called every single member of the Supreme Court a moron again for believing this “conspiracy”.
Can you read?

ozoneocean
I went further and said the people behind it didn't do so because (they believe it) the two main reasons they support this lie are:

And this one is very important:

ozoneocean
Another thing you don't know: courts don't believe things. They only decide based on what is put before them. They don't decide on truth either, just what they have before them in the way it's been presented. If they're political appointees most will tend to judge a political case in favour of the party that appointed them if they can spin the facts, the precedent, and the law to support that position.

Meanwhile I continue to laugh at the fools who think this conspiracy is real lol!

Enjoy having Obama as your president, because you're stuck with him for his full term, no matter your silly wishful thinking. maybe he'll get a second term too? :)

SpANG at 10:23AM, Dec. 6, 2008
(online)
rufus_edge
No, you missed the update.

US Supreme Court

I may have missed that , it still seems that you think that “distributed for conference” means “believes the conspiracy”. Again, two different things.

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved