Random Discussion

let's try this again...
Klarga at 4:32PM, Jan. 26, 2008
(offline)
Sorry about the poor film quality…

I just discovered this. People are calling it the “evil pinocchio movie” based off its scary qualities.

I personally think it's just stupid, but if I was a little kid, I would probably be scared out of my pantaloons.

So, I ask again:

EPIC WTF
The unibrow in the avatar is an optical illusion
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:19PM
Chernobog at 4:50PM, Jan. 26, 2008
(offline)
Eh. Seems like kind of a stretch to call it scary.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Klarga at 4:58PM, Jan. 26, 2008
(offline)
Chernobog

Agreed, but we're not 4 years old. I mean, I saw Mickey's Christmas Carol at around that age, and I still have nightmares XD
Chernobog at 5:09PM, Jan. 26, 2008
(offline)
Age is a valid concern, but it might've gone over my head all the same or just wouldn't have been scary anyway. I didn't get all weepy when Bambi's mother died back in that age, so I think it's pretty situational kid to kid. The imagery in this clip doesn't seem anymore shaking than The Last Unicorn.

The only film that unsettled me as a kid was Rats of NIMH. Specifically, the part where they drag out the screaming rat children drowning in mud while trapped inside a cinderblock was a bit much.

“You tell yourself to just
enjoy the process,” he added. “That whether you succeed or fail, win or
lose, it will be fine. You pretend to be Zen. You adopt detachment, and
ironic humor, while secretly praying for a miracle.”
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:41AM
Klarga at 5:10PM, Jan. 26, 2008
(offline)
Chernobog
Age is a valid concern, but it might've gone over my head all the same or just wouldn't have been scary anyway. I didn't get all weepy when Bambi's mother died back in that age, so I think it's pretty situational kid to kid. The imagery in this clip doesn't seem anymore shaking than The Last Unicorn.

The only film that unsettled me as a kid was Rats of NIMH. Specifically, the part where they drag out the screaming rat children drowning in mud while trapped inside a cinderblock was a bit much.

Yeah, some kids have enough drama in their life already.

You would NOT like watership down.
Croi Dhubh at 10:33PM, Jan. 26, 2008
(offline)
Klarga
Chernobog

Agreed, but we're not 4 years old. I mean, I saw Mickey's Christmas Carol at around that age, and I still have nightmares XD
I was in middle school at the time…and the Ghost of Christmas past freaked me the fuck out just because of how it looked. No nightmares, though.

People thought it was odd that I did get so scared with those “Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark” books when in elementary, but that's because they didn't see the things I did
Liberate Tutemae Ex Inferis
Moderatio est Figmentum: Educatio est Omnium Efficacissima Forma Rebellionis

http://weblog.xanga.com/CroiDhubh - Home to the “Chuck E. Cheese Terror” stories
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:54AM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved