Media Megaforum

Linkin Park : Minutes to Midnight
Priceman at 3:58PM, July 19, 2007
(online)
Ok, I have to ask: am I the only one that was like “WTF” upon hearing LP's new album? The group says that they want to “take the band in a new direction”, but imo the only place the band is going if it keeps this up is straight down. Out the of the whole album, i've found like 2, maybe 3, decent songs; as opposed to the other albums where I pretty much enjoyed the whole thing. Even the reanimation disc didn't get me this upset (though, releasing a remix of the first album for the second was pretty jacked up, but still enjoyable). Bottom line: It wasn't broken, but now it is. Am I alone in this?
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:47PM
lefarce at 4:01PM, July 19, 2007
(online)
CWRALLLING IN MAH SKIEEEEEENNN!

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:30PM
PhatScurl at 5:58PM, July 19, 2007
(offline)
I agree, i love that they wanted to do something different, and i was excited when i heard this. I mean, LP's got a very unique sound that's always been awesome, and i was thinking, SWEET MOTHER OF JESUS WIFE OF JOESPH DESCENDANT OF DAVID, if LP took a different sound, its just gonna sound so freaking incredible, its gonna sound so different from anything out there that my ears will explode from the sheer awesomeness.

And then the CD came out, and all the songs were just like crap i've heard before from every other crap band on the radio. I was incredibly disappointed.

eh…im still gonna go see them in concert soon.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:43PM
lefarce at 6:40PM, July 19, 2007
(online)
All joking aside, I didn't expect anything good from them. Their music is incredibly generic within it's self. Each one of their songs sounds the same as the last. It's the same old Park, minus the rap bits. But their songs are so bland when stacked next to each other that you never really notice that the rap is gone.

It's a horrible album that should be avoided at all costs. If you spent actual paper money on this thing then I fell sorry for you.

Also, here's looking forward to the next three or so years of only hearing ONE DAMNED TRACK from the CD on the radio. CERWAAAALLLLING IN MAH SKIIIIIIIEEEEN!

Barf.

tea_green at 7:12PM, July 20, 2007
(online)
I'm a fan of Linkin Park. I own both Hybrid Theory and Meteora and like them more than I like most of my own blood relatives. So, when I got wind of Minutes to Midnight I was like, “Hell yeah! This is gonna rock!” So, I got a hold of the album and I listened to it non-stop all the way through.

Horrible! Awful, I mean , I was cool with them being all emo and singing about betrayal and crap but now it's insufferable. Everything is so depressing and I'm that way on my own so I don't need something to give me a reason to start cutting. I also realized that I have been listening to Linkin Park for waay too long. So I took it back and got a nice Korn CD instead.

Yay, Korn.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:08PM
Bekefel at 7:37PM, July 20, 2007
(offline)
Yay, Pearl Jam. Not a single song has disappointed me yet, and I doubt they ever will. However Linkin Park, well they just plain outright suck. They've had a few listenable songs, but never enough for me to want to buy an album.

Pearl Jam, ftw. Also Tool.

Also cocks.
Please, please, you give me too little credit.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:16AM
lefarce at 9:56PM, July 20, 2007
(online)
Most music now days sucks the hard one. Rap and Emo music basically owns the airwaves, and it's annoying. The problem with all this emo music is it undermines people who really have problems. My friend's girl friend nearly got drugged up for some suprise sex and all I could do out of impulse was tell him that his emo girl friend needs to stop being a self destructive twat. That's when he tells me about all the problems she actually has in her life. Man talk about feeling an inch tall.

So in short, fuck this album and fuck Park's fake problems. Fuck the genre, and fuck Bekefel.

And fuck this keyboard, arg!

heccubus at 10:08PM, July 20, 2007
(offline)
No one has mentioned any music worth listening to in this entire thread. This upsets me.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
lefarce at 10:17PM, July 20, 2007
(online)
heccubus
No one has mentioned any music worth listening to in this entire thread. This upsets me.

Rage Against the Machine, Ben Folds, Electric Six, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Enigma, Classical (pick any, nearly all of it is good), White Stripes, Gnarls Barkley, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Royksopp, and of course Micheal Jackson (black Jackson).

This is bias of course. But then again, would you expect and opinion to be otherwise?

Then again the reason for this thread is to discuss the new Park album, so yeop. Back on topic I heard that new track about four times today on the radio (which I listen very little of). On the bright side, I haven't heard any of their old songs since the new CD came out, so thank God for that.

heccubus at 12:34AM, July 21, 2007
(offline)
Oh don't take things so seriously. :)

I actually have to admit that I have some respect for Linkin Park. They have a few songs that I grudgingly will admit are quite good.
I've heard the new single. It's not the worst song I've heard all year, but I wouldn't go so far as to say it's good.

It's….adequate.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM
ozoneocean at 11:24AM, July 21, 2007
(online)
heh, I saw them on TV once… sounded like a younger version of Tool.
One thing occurs to me though;
These little commercial groups aren't producing any classics!

Where is our future “Baker Street”, Satisfaction“, ”immigrant Song“, ”Sunshine of your love“, ”Sabotage“, ”Jane Says"… etc…
It might be all subjective, but are these hyper commercial groups really turning out anything that'll be as intergenerational as those anthems?

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:27PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved