Help, Support and Suggestions

Listed on Drunk Duck, but hosted elsewhere? Is this Possible?
ra3ndy at 12:44PM, Nov. 30, 2006
(offline)
I'm very interested in listing my comic in the DrunkDuck Community, but have recently completed a few months' worth of code redesigning on my own site. Just wondering if I can list my site on DD without actually HOSTING it on DD (i.e. maintaining its original location and URL)? Perhaps a banner ad on my site or something?

I'd just REALLY like to avoid having to reformat all my php, css, etc. to fit the DD structure.

The only way I can see so far to do it is to set up a redirect on the homepage here to go to my site, but that seems shady.

(name of site withheld to avoid spamming)

Thanks in advance for your help.

-ra3ndy
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
ozoneocean at 6:14AM, Dec. 1, 2006
(online)
You wouldn't get any spam from here…

DD isn't a list site like Buzz comics or whatever… I've got my own site outside of DD too ^_^
Many, many of the comics here have their own great sites and domain names etc…

The only way to do it is to setup a mirror here. You don't have to worry about PHP or anything; simply design a single HTML template around the DD comment tags and then upload all your comic images pages. (upload any extra graphics or CSS or whatever)
That's all it takes. It's a super easy mirror :)

You don't even have to make an HTML template, use one of the pre-made ones or none at all.

Simply link to your site from the pages.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:24PM
ra3ndy at 6:47AM, Dec. 1, 2006
(offline)
Thanks for the reply! (btw i wasn't implying that y'all would spam me, i just didn't want to look like i was spamming the help forum ^_^. sorry for the poor wording)

That sounds like a good idea. I'll definitely take it into consideration.
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:57PM
ozoneocean at 7:34AM, Dec. 1, 2006
(online)
Oh ok :) That's al right dude. Sorry for taking it the wrong way ^^
Glad I could help anyway.

last edited on July 14, 2011 2:24PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved