Networking & Community Projects*

London based writer looking for artist.
djeffcoate at 6:41PM, May 9, 2009
(online)
I am looking for an illustrator to work on a graphic novel idea I've recently begun working on. Below is the synopisis, and the script is under development.If you are interested in working on the project, or have any questions you can contact me at d.jeffcoate@googlemail.com

SYNOPSIS:

Subliminal is about Paul Mullen, a 26 year old Retail assistant in a shoe shop. Six months previously his girlfriend was brutally attacked, and murdered. He is constantly haunted by nightmares of the event, finding it difficult to grieve; and is becoming ever more distant from the world around him. Eventually his sister tries to talk to him, and convince him to get ‘professional’ help. When he refuses she gives Paul a self help book written by world famous hypnotist and illusionist Leo Green.

Paul reluctantly begins reading the book, working his way through simple relaxation exercises which seem to have an effect on his dreams, making them less terrifying but just as strange. When Paul gets to the last chapter of the book there is a self hypnosis exercise to perform, during which Paul finds him self thrown into a bizarre city. He stumbles around, being greeted by creatures and people that shouldn’t be. He is then found and rescued by none other than Leo Green, only to be told that he is not really Leo Green and that the city is not real…It’s all in Paul’s head.

Paul is then informed that the city and everything in it is a visual representation of all the elements and aspects of his mind; all created by subliminal words and commands hidden within the self help book, a psychological computer programme of sorts. The Representation of Leo explains that he will serve as a guide, helping Paul to interact and learn from the more dominant parts of his psyche, and that he can wake up at any point he chooses. As the pair venture through the city it becomes apparent that something is amiss, grizzly murders’, kidnappings and city wide preparations for the apocalypse, all convince Leo that Paul needs more help than the book can provide. But when Paul tries to wake up, he finds he can’t, turning a simple exploration of his mind into a race to save his sanity.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
soulcelshade at 5:53PM, May 10, 2009
(offline)
Ooh, this one sounds great. I, unfortunately, cannot do this, but to other artists: This is an awesome project for those with immense creativity. The crazy shit you'll be drawing… somebody take this on!
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
Skullbie at 7:16PM, May 10, 2009
(online)
This sounds much more suited for a novel imo
last edited on July 14, 2011 3:47PM
djeffcoate at 6:17AM, May 11, 2009
(online)
Thanks flapjack, the vote of confidence is greatly appreciated.

And you're probably right skullbie, but I like the idea of the challenge. And from the artists point of view, there will be a large well to draw from through the material I have been refrencing such as dream dictionaries and psychoanalysis texts. Which I hope will proove a positive challenge for any artist. To borrow from flapjack, there will definetly be some crazy shit.

(",)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:12PM
Warspritecomic at 10:53AM, May 11, 2009
(online)
Well, the story looks amazing. The quality of the story is basically proffessional, and if it is scripted right, it could be suited for a printed graphic novel. I mean that, if you delve into his deep psycological profile enough, it would be the sort of thing I would read, and read again.

Alas I'm not a good artist in any way, but I wish you the best of luck and I can't wait to read this
FIGHTSPLOSION 5!!! IT HAS 2 ALIENS, A PIRATE, A HORNY NINJA AND A HOMOCIDAL FIRE PRODUCING PENGUIN! AND A BIRD WOMAN AND A CAT WOMAN!

Also a mute that reminds me of Johnny Bravo and Samuel L Jackson at the same time!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:48PM
soulcelshade at 11:23AM, May 11, 2009
(offline)
I guess I can do some sketches for you, unless you're doing a novel now.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
CaptainKickas at 8:34PM, June 5, 2009
(offline)
I'm interested if you're still looking for someone. I don't have a lot for examples I can show you due to scanner problems I can look into more if you let me work on the project or if you would like me to draw you something to get an idea for what I could do. But I've made a quick Deviant art account with two drawings I found on my comp you could look at to see if I could help work on it. Here that is http://captainkickas.deviantart.com/
I've been trying to write a story but can't come up with anything worth while and am very interested in drawing up someones story for them.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:36AM
Lunico Mavalcar at 11:57PM, June 5, 2009
(offline)
color me impressed, that is a nifty concept.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:49PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon