Networking & Community Projects*

Looking for an artist! :)
MusiciMake80 at 7:57PM, Oct. 12, 2008
(offline)
Hey guys,

My name is Trevor Hinesley, I'm new to the forums here. You guys have some pretty sick artwork if I do say so myself.

If this is in the wrong section, I apologize admins, just move it, that's totally fine.

Basically the overview of this is a proposition to do standard artwork/pixel artwork for an MMO game coming up. If interested, read on.

Anyways, to the point:

I am a concept designer/music composer for the upcoming MMOG game, Genetix Online. Our website is GenetixOnline.com, and is currently being revamped, but you can check it out.

Here is a list of all current members in the Genetix Online team, all are part of the founding company, Geeks Inifinity.

“Trevor Hinesley, Concept Designer
Trevor is one of two consultants I have to make the gameplay fun and lasting. He takes certain ideas of mine and Cory Hughes's, and puts them to the test with realistic views. He is also an instrumentalist, who will provide much of the original music in game.

Cory Hughes, Concept Designer
Cory is the other consultant with a technical mind. Consider him the counter-balance to Trevor, which will create an even environment in-game that is fun, but also challenging. Cory is a musician, as well, and will provide original music for the end game.

”E“, Concept Artist
E is a beautiful woman with beautiful art. She has a deviant Art account (eic.deviantart.com), and I'm very glad she has decided to work with us on this amazing game! the title of ”Concept Designer“ gives her the ability to be as creative as she wants with her art, and I won't restrict her imagination, knowing I need all the creativity I can get!

Hekura, Lead Programmer
Megaman 21xx programmer. He will be our lead programmer now and is a blessing to all of us. He has recently taken over this position, as he was the assistant programmer before due to time constraints, but will now be offering his assistance as lead programmer.

Finally, I, Mike Schmitz, am the founder of Genetix Online, as well as head of the company Geeks Infinity. My goal with GO was to shatter the current views of an MMOG(Massively Multiplayer Online Game) by developing new standards and gameplay. With the concept of GO, I have done my very best to retain the qualities of an MMOG that people love most, while exploring new concepts of gameplay. I can tell you now, the backbone of GO is something never done before in the gaming society, and that pleases me to no end.”

The Proposition:

We at Genetix Online are currently looking for someone to fill the position of Human/Tech Artist and/or Pixel Artist who can turn our artist's sketches into pixel form for the game, and possibly create pixelated backdrops and such for the game.

Currently there is a promise to all members that there will be a reward for all in due time, but pay is not determined or available at the moment due to current temporary fund limits.

Myself, Michael Schmitz, and Cory Hughes are Christians with strong values and standards (there may be more, but these are the people that I know of that are Christians), and we firmly believe in the handshake agreement, as does our company Geeks Inifinity.

If you would like to offer your services for the game or to learn more about it, you can email Michael Schmitz himself at media12inc@gmail.com.

Thank you for your time, patience, and consideration!

We hope to see you become a part of Genetix Online!

Trevor Hinesley
Genetix Online
Concept Designer/Music Composer
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:09PM
Ozoneocean at 7:58AM, Oct. 13, 2008
(online)
These are a lot of great pixel artists here, I'm sure someone could do this….
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:32PM
KingRidley at 9:03AM, Oct. 13, 2008
(offline)
You need to provide more information about what you want. I mean yeah, I could email you and get what I need to know, but for me (and many other possible sources of talent) it's easiest if it was already here.

I'd say post a sketch of a character or something. Then tell us what bit the game will be (8-bit, 16-bit, 32-bit, etc.), and any other important criteria.

If this is 8-bit then I'd give it a try, even though I'm not very good at making sprites myself (although I can edit them pretty well, I think). But if this is one of those hd style games then you'd be better off drawing simple sketches or flash animations and just using those as complex sprites.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:16PM
MusiciMake80 at 6:35PM, Oct. 14, 2008
(offline)
Well, I did give a link to the website, and that would cover the basics just by looking at the logo of the website.

But the main scheme of things:

It's a game based on an island which will involve pets created from DNA samples and fusion.

Michael can get more in-depth if you want.

It will NOT be HD graphics, but it WILL be 2D-2.5D graphics (3d backdrops with 2d characters or vice versa).

Thanks for your interest, keep it coming!

#Trevor
MusiciMake80 at 4:59PM, Nov. 3, 2008
(offline)
Still looking!

Site is currently down, overhaul happening, but you can email Mike directly still!

#Trevor
soulcelshade at 7:54PM, Nov. 3, 2008
(offline)
I'd like to apply. I can do pixel art, and if you sent me a sketch or two, I could give you an example. (All my pixel projects were lost recently, although there weren't that many.)
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:29PM
Hekura at 10:11AM, Dec. 9, 2008
(offline)
Hello everyone, Hekura here. Trevor, nice to finally “meet” you. Yes, as mentioned previously i'm sure, thje site is still down due to recent changes in emplyment and a new thorough scrub of the server because of said changes. Trevor, i'm sure you know what i mean. I am working on a site now.

As for the Animation style, the pictured style was originally supposed to be a 3D style game, and with the proper software(Blender, photoshop, etc.) i'm more than certain it could be done, but with recent changes and time crunches, me and Mike have “decided” that a sprite based system would be best. The original design for the map system would have been something like that of Runescape, the open, wandering around like system, but with the sprite based system, my mind had gone to a system like that of Golden Sun style gaming. Customization is a top priority for this game, as we want everyone to be able to completely customize their character and their pets, but before we begin getting anything to fancy, let's focus on the basics at haand…

I had envisioned a 32 bit spriting style for the game as of recent, and something like the Maple Leaf MMO gameplay was considered a while back, so for the 32 bit style, i was imagining something along the quality of the megaman x 4-6 style of sprites. Not the style as in look, but the style in consistency. to me, those sprites met kind of a 2-and-a-half D feel, and i thought that would be ideal.

Those are my thoughts for now, trevor, if you need to reach me, my e-mail is arukeh@hotmail.com. I have your e-mail here(somewhere XD)so… yea…

Flapjack, if you'd like to join, show me some of your work, and if i like, i'll recommend you to mike.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:47PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon