Networking & Community Projects*

Looking for help for a project (Smoke)
Joy at 8:40PM, Aug. 4, 2007
(offline)
As a writer and not a artist I am looking for help for a comic titled Smoke. As I really can't draw to save my life, I would need a artist to help and anyone who would just like to contribute. As for a brief synopsis here it goes:

Smoke (or SMOKE…whatever) follows the story of John (I cant decide on a last name) who is a cop on the brink of retirement, the only downside is that for more than half of his career he was a informant to the mob. After leaving his “family” to be a true cop five years ago the past is finally starting to catch up to him when another mob family wants him dead.

I am almost through with the script for the first issue, when I am done with it I will post it here, but until that point if anyone is interested it would be a great help if you could post some concept sketches.

So far here is a cast of characters:
Inspector John- Our “hero”
Inspector Riley Smith- John's partner and best friend
Damien Spalding- The Chief of Police
Vito Estavez- The Don of the Estavez Family, Johns “Uncle”
Robert “Dino” Terreli- The Don of the Terreli Family
Marla Miller- Johns ex-wife

Well thats all I got so far, thanks for your time everyone and I hope you would consider helping me.

Peace.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
Joy at 10:18PM, Aug. 4, 2007
(offline)
Just a quickie, if anyone would like to email me anything like a response or a concept art just email it to Evankuzma@gmail.com.

Thanks!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:11PM
p_type at 11:20PM, Aug. 10, 2007
(offline)
The idea sounds cool… but if you really want to get someone to send you art you have to give them something to work with. Speaking as an artist it's much easier to come up with concept art if you have some idea of how the characters should be and the overall “tone” of the story. For instance, if I wanted to make John's Ex-wife, would she be skinny? Fat? Long hair? Blonde?? So a little description is always good, otherwise the artist would be wasting alot of time if they made some concept art that did'nt fit your project :)

Just a suggetsion….. I might lend some art if I had some descriptions though :)……

www.blu3fir3.com
last edited on July 14, 2011 2:56PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved Mastodon