Media Megaforum

LOST Season 4
lastcall at 5:30PM, Feb. 2, 2008
(offline)
Hawk
Dangit, it's a recap episode.

Oh well, I'm sure I could use the refresher anyway. Although I'm sure they're just going to remind me that the island is mysterious.

I was glad they gave me a recap; it's been so long since the last season….and did you notice they did “flash-forwards” instead of flash-backs this time? It's like they read our minds about getting tired of the flashbacks. LOL

Hugo knows something. Jack was trying to get a secret out of him; or asking him “Did you tell them?” ….Something about that invisible guy in the cabin, I guess? I think Locke is the only one who knows what's going on. Or maybe that's what they want us to believe….I have no idea.

How many more seasons are they taping? Anyone know?
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
Wills42 at 8:13AM, Feb. 3, 2008
(online)
Lost stays on till 2010.
Jacks dad was the dude in the cabin! Still don't know who's eye it was that came up though.
Hurley is crazy again! Charlie dead, but not really dead! He's… I dont even have a made up word for it!
only six are off the island!
was ‘tell my sister I love her.’ actually a code that only the rescuers know of?
All this and more, to be answered!
Oh, and jacks dad is most deffinitely alive, if you have vorizon or surf through lostpedia, you would know. But not how he is alive…
Darn you j.j. Abrams for the crack known as lost!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
albone at 8:55AM, Feb. 8, 2008
(online)
A hearty WOOT for last night's episode.

Ben continues to be an exciting villian, once which I never mind taking a good thrashing. Good for John manning up and willing to off Ben. It's the thought that counts.

I also like that even though there are two camps of Losties, they're not against each other. These new arrivals are way peculiar.

So, the cover up….they obviously found an 815 plane mostly intact. certainly not the split in two plane that we know. So, a plant? A coverup? Is that why the Oceanic 6 are ‘lying’ about survivors?

Anyone else notice that they really stressed Charlotte Staples Lewis name to us? Coincidence? Oh wait, there are no coincidences on Lost.
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
Hawk at 10:37AM, Feb. 9, 2008
(online)
They continue to keep me just interested enough for the constant mystery to not aggravate me. But these new episodes are definitely better than bad stretch during season 3. And I like how they're staying away from the “who-loves-who” crap that bogged us down earlier. I don't care who Girl-Jack ends up with.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
lastcall at 3:44PM, Feb. 9, 2008
(offline)
Wills42
Jacks dad was the dude in the cabin!
Oh, and jacks dad is most deffinitely alive, if you have vorizon or surf through lostpedia, you would know. But not how he is alive…

FUCK! …Dude, A spolier warning would have been appreciated. I did not know this….I feel cheated.

Crap…there was a new episode Thursday, wasn't there? I don't have TV; I only catch the reruns on iTunes. I'd better stay away from this thread from now on…..lol!
Wills42 at 1:22PM, Feb. 10, 2008
(online)
OH NOES!
I feel bad now.. Seriously. I didn't think ahead…
Please don't kill me!
But yeah, I guess I kinda expected everyone that watches LOST to know all of this already, but I suppose we are all not nerds…
I am sorries.
arteestx at 1:57AM, Feb. 14, 2008
(online)
lastcall
How many more seasons are they taping? Anyone know?
My understanding is that the original plan was to have 5 seasons, each with 24 episodes. During season 3, the plan was changed to have 6 seasons, the last 3 would each have 18 episodes (making the total number of shows the same, but spreading it out over an additional season).

Of course, the writer's strike messed up the production schedule for the past 3 months, so we'll have to see if they can squeeze in the full 18 episodes this year or not.

Xolta is not intended for anyone under 18 years old.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
trevoramueller at 9:28AM, Feb. 14, 2008
(online)
3 more seasons (including this season) of 16 episodes. In interviews, it has been said that the last episode is already writen.
My Drunk Duck Comics:

Nominated for numerous web awards, see more news at My Website
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:33PM
Hawk at 12:47PM, Feb. 14, 2008
(online)
Even during the portions of LOST that were really good, I remember thinking that this kind of show can't drag on for too long. If they dangle that carrot in front of viewers for too long, they tend to get angry. And I think that happened during season 3 when a lot people just got fed up.

I actually hope they wrap the show up sooner, so that what happened to X-Files doesn't happen to LOST.
Allan at 10:54PM, Feb. 14, 2008
(online)
Lost is my favorite show on television. Anyone who reads my comic would know this.

I love over-analyzing the show and drawing conclusions which probably aren't right.

Also, I have to take my hat off to Wills42 for that catch when he asked if “Tell my sister I love her” was a code or not.

Basically?–best show with new episodes airing right now.

And as for all the unanswered questions the writers leave for us to get pissed at them for: I don't, because I know everything will be revealed in time. It's gunna rock. I won't be disappointed.

I haven't watched tonight's (2/14) episode yet, so no spoilers till tomorrow.

PS: Fenn, I did catch that in your strip. I laughed. I forgot to say something.
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
lastcall at 3:17AM, Feb. 15, 2008
(offline)
I just wanna know what the damn smoke monster is. …That's all. If they don't tell us until the series finale three years from now, I will be a very, VERY angry lady.

Have you ever seen how many iTunes LOST Podcasts there are? There's like 50 of them. LOST is like a conspiracy theorist's wet dream. lol!
TheMidge28 at 12:29PM, Feb. 15, 2008
(online)
Last night's episode….wow!
Sayid's flash forward fantastic!
so many freakin' mysteries upon mysteries.
You don't just ask “what is going on the island now?”, you also ask “why are they doing that in the future?”.

It appears there are at least 2 companies vying for the islands secrets and are either silencing or spying for this information…talk about being lost.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:24PM
Hawk at 2:04PM, Feb. 15, 2008
(online)
And yet another of the Oceanic 6 is living worse-off than when he left the island (so to speak). These guys can't win. Maybe girl-Jack is happy after she gets off the island, because she doesn't seem to want to go back.

The saddest thing to find out from this latest episode is that Benjamin Linus gets to live.
lastcall at 7:05AM, Feb. 17, 2008
(offline)
OK…so…these are the “Oceanix Six” that we know of so far:

Hurley, Jack, Ben, Kate, and Sayid

…Did I miss anyone? And what is the secret that they are all trying to safeguard in the “Flash-forwards”? And if there are only Six surviors…what happened to everyone else? I really hope they answer these questions…

Daniel's experiment with the “payload” was interesting. I wonder what that was all about? He didn't seem too happy about it.

I would love to know what ever happened to Walt and Michael. I am curious to see if they actually ever made it “off the island.” What is their life like now? Do they want to go back? Why did we see Walt all wet, shaking around like a ghost in Season 2?

…And do we ever get an answer to the four-toed foot statue mystery from Season One???

Hawk at 11:25AM, Feb. 17, 2008
(online)
lastcall
OK…so…these are the “Oceanix Six” that we know of so far:

Hurley, Jack, Ben, Kate, and Sayid

In the case of the Oceanic Six I think you can only count people who got to the island on Oceanic 815. One of those people you listed didn't, so that frees up an additional slot. All sorts of non-planewreck-survivors could've gotten off the island, like Juliet or Alex or that creepy french lady.

So, only two additional people make it off the island? I'd almost bet money that one of them isn't Locke. I'll bet Sawyer made it off the island and he's the one Kate ended up with. (and that's why she was nervous about meeting Jack in the future)
lastcall at 12:05PM, Feb. 17, 2008
(offline)
Hawk
In the case of the Oceanic Six I think you can only count people who got to the island on Oceanic 815. One of those people you listed didn't, so that frees up an additional slot.

Oh yeah, I didn't think about that.

Hawk
So, only two additional people make it off the island? I'd almost bet money that one of them isn't Locke. I'll bet Sawyer made it off the island and he's the one Kate ended up with. (and that's why she was nervous about meeting Jack in the future)

I dunno about Sawyer yet. Sawyer says he has nothing to go back for; he wants to stay on the island. Though, if he would go back, the only reason would be so he could be with Kate. …But he's a loner, a survivor–and I honestly don't see him going all mushy for one woman like that.

We should have a pretend bet and see who the last of the Oceanic Six will be. ;)
Wills42 at 12:33PM, Feb. 17, 2008
(online)
The Four-Toed statue is obviously Homer Simpson!

Yay, one of my theories was correct!
(See previous posts)

Just saw last episode. It was really great.

Anyone else notice the bracelet that the girl Sayid had looked JUST like the one Naomi had? Maybe Ben is killing anyone with ties to the DHARMA initiative.

Darn you Ben, for surviving, yet again!!!!

Actually, I don't think that Ben counts as one of the Ocianic Six.
Remember, he wasn't on the plane. And also, he probably has more than one way off the island.
I think that Jack wouldn't have allowed Ben off the island no matter what.
I think that Jin and Sun are two of the survivors, because the producers said in an interview that we learn of what will happen to Sun and her Baby.

I have so many more theories…. I just… need… to… get… a… life….

Wills42 at 12:35PM, Feb. 17, 2008
(online)
If there is a pretend bet:

I bet that…. Sun or Jin or both are the last of the Ocianic Six.

And I wager…
….
I got nothing…
cameo in my comic if anyone is right?
I dunno
lastcall at 1:16PM, Feb. 17, 2008
(offline)
Wills42
If there is a pretend bet:

I bet that…. Sun or Jin or both are the last of the Ocianic Six.

And I wager…
….
I got nothing…
cameo in my comic if anyone is right?
I dunno

I agree with you, Wills. I think that Sun and Jin will be part of the Oceanic Six.

I like your wager; I will do the same thing. I will draw a guest comic to the winner or something. How about that? :)

I also agree with you about the bracelet. They had the camera on it for a reason on both lady's wrists….odd.
TheMidge28 at 8:02AM, Feb. 18, 2008
(online)
so what about Richard Alpert?
he gets around.
I think he's Ben's contact on the boat.
albone at 8:35AM, Feb. 18, 2008
(online)
It was kind of suspect about Richard, as the actor was on that show Cane. The show has since been canceled, but I don't know if he'll be around this season. Michael on the other hand…
lastcall at 3:13PM, Feb. 20, 2008
(offline)
albone
It was kind of suspect about Richard, as the actor was on that show Cane. The show has since been canceled, but I don't know if he'll be around this season. Michael on the other hand…

Oh yeah….I didn't think about Michael….good point. He's probably on the boat/Ben's contact. Frack, that would really throw people for a loop.
albone at 4:54AM, Feb. 21, 2008
(online)
I believe that the last episode, the 8th, is a Michael-centric, but I don't recall where I read that.
Hawk at 2:07PM, Feb. 21, 2008
(online)
Do we really need spoiler tags for the things we're saying?

I forgot about Michael. I just assumed he's gone for good. That really would be interesting.
albone at 8:26AM, Feb. 22, 2008
(online)
Well SOME people (LastCall) have to put off their DVR viewing. :P

So how about last night, eh? I could kind of see the big reveal with Kate, but Jack? Hmmmmm, what's his apprehension all about? I can't really wrap my fingers around it. Or, the last three years either, but welcome to Lost.

I'm thinking that Ben and his extortionist may be working together in code. I mean, is there a significance to $3.2 million?
Wills42 at 10:50AM, Feb. 22, 2008
(online)
Aaron.. Wow…
Lost is like… So much better now…

But my friend didn't particularily like this episode (The Kate centered Storyline) Cause he thinks she's a community mattress, everyone lays her. Kudos to the writer that wrote Sawyers line about Kate getting mad at Jack and coming back next week to him.

But, I kinda feel bad for Miles. What if he yawns by accident? :D
Ziffy88 at 11:42AM, Feb. 22, 2008
(offline)
Is it just me or is the writing for Lost a little too predictable and a bit plain compared to the previous seasons. I mean it's not bad but it's not as awesome as the last half of the third season. Also Kate is getting a bit more annoying. The guy who plays Miles, is either a bad actor or really great at being just annoying.
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
TheMidge28 at 1:20PM, Feb. 22, 2008
(online)
Ziffy88
Is it just me or is the writing for Lost a little too predictable and a bit plain compared to the previous seasons. I mean it's not bad but it's not as awesome as the last half of the third season. Also Kate is getting a bit more annoying. The guy who plays Miles, is either a bad actor or really great at being just annoying.

too predictable?
please advise as to how the rest of show will play out because honestly I am guessin' like everyone else and would love to know!

if you mean predictable as to the characters reactions and choices…with well developed charcters sooner or later over a series or story what they will do or choose will be predictable. its better that way because they are staying true to the character.

As to last night's episode, Aaron?
That's Claire's baby.
Claire either died, decided to stay on the island or the baby is evil.

the latter is me being silly.
Hawk at 1:23PM, Feb. 22, 2008
(online)
Ziffy88
Is it just me or is the writing for Lost a little too predictable and a bit plain compared to the previous seasons.

Honestly, I predicted the big “surprise” moment at the end of this recent episode. And you know what? I predicting the Ben thing from the episode before. Yeah, they're getting more predictable.
lastcall at 4:55PM, Feb. 22, 2008
(offline)
Hawk
Ziffy88
Is it just me or is the writing for Lost a little too predictable and a bit plain compared to the previous seasons.

Honestly, I predicted the big “surprise” moment at the end of this recent episode. And you know what? I predicting the Ben thing from the episode before. Yeah, they're getting more predictable.

I sure as hell didn't predict that surprise ending!!!! :nervous: That was awesome!

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved