Media Megaforum

LOST Season 4
Wills42 at 12:54PM, Feb. 23, 2008
(online)
My jaw dropped when Kate said ‘Hey Aaron.’. I didn't see it coming.
but I still hate Kate…
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
Hawk at 4:50PM, Feb. 23, 2008
(online)
Wills42
but I still hate Kate…

I figured it wasn't just me when I noticed she was making things a big pain for everyone throughout the latest episode.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
arteestx at 9:20PM, Feb. 23, 2008
(online)
Ziffy88
Is it just me or is the writing for Lost a little too predictable and a bit plain compared to the previous seasons. I mean it's not bad but it's not as awesome as the last half of the third season.
For me, I think the writing is as good as any season, if not the best. I think they hit the ball out of the park every week. Maybe I've just been too Lost-deprived, but I think these are fantastic episodes being unfolded right now.

Xolta is not intended for anyone under 18 years old.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
Ziffy88 at 2:00PM, Feb. 24, 2008
(offline)
they're not terrible but to me it seems like the serialized show Jericho came back with better writing compared to Lost. Lost kept on giving me well I hate most of these characters now but most of these episodes do make me curious whereas Jericho had more of a cool I can't wait what's going to happen!
last edited on July 14, 2011 5:02PM
albone at 7:37AM, Feb. 25, 2008
(online)
I saw the Aaron thing coming, but I can't wrap my head around why Jack doesn't want to see him.
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
TheMidge28 at 9:42AM, Feb. 25, 2008
(online)
albone
I saw the Aaron thing coming, but I can't wrap my head around why Jack doesn't want to see him.

I think it has to do with Claire being Jack's sister, and I think that comes out later in the show and may have something to do with him not wanting to see Aaron.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:24PM
Hawk at 12:46PM, Feb. 25, 2008
(online)
I keep forgetting little details like that.
albone at 6:55AM, Feb. 26, 2008
(online)
So, seeing Aaron reminds him of Claire? I could see that but why would it be a painful memory? Maybe he can't save her and feels guilty about it?
TheMidge28 at 10:24AM, Feb. 26, 2008
(online)
albone
So, seeing Aaron reminds him of Claire? I could see that but why would it be a painful memory? Maybe he can't save her and feels guilty about it?

soon to come out in the show.
Allan at 9:26PM, Feb. 26, 2008
(online)
I did predict that it was Aaron at the end of the episode… but I still had my doubts. Rather than think the episode was predictable, I just thought I was so freaking awesome for getting it right.

Apparently, I'm not, because everyone else got it, too hah.

Can't wait for the next episode!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:49AM
TheMidge28 at 12:55PM, Feb. 27, 2008
(online)
@ Allan, I believe it may come out that Locke has a TOOTHACHE!
Allan at 1:25PM, Feb. 27, 2008
(online)
TheMidge28
@ Allan, I believe it may come out that Locke has a TOOTHACHE!

I love you Midge.
fern at 1:55PM, Feb. 27, 2008
(online)
Allan
Lost is my favorite show on television. Anyone who reads my comic would know this.

Likewise, ol' chap. About 0.10% of my strips are LOST-related. Need I remind you that I have over 1000-pgs. So it's huge! Example.

albone

Maybe it reminds him of his dad. I know whenever I see a baby it reminds me of my drunken father.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM
albone at 6:15AM, Feb. 28, 2008
(online)
Maybe we'll find out tonight!!! Or not. Cheeky bastards, them Lost writers.
TheMidge28 at 10:51AM, Feb. 28, 2008
(online)
have any of you gone to lostpedia.com for spoilers and theories?

Don't click link and read if you don't want to be exposed to potential spoilers.
albone at 9:06AM, Feb. 29, 2008
(online)
Lostpedia is very cool, and so is DarkUFO, but I generally avoid them to not be spoiled.

On to last nights episdoe. Man, I saw that there was like 3 minutes left and found myself yelling, ‘pick up the sodding phone!’ Oh man, that exchange between Penny and Desmond at the end of their phone call was beautiful. And I noticed that Penny wasn't wearing a wedding band (unless she's Serbian and wearing her ring on her right hand, which she had a few rings) so at least they don't have to worry about that.

Faraday continues to surprise, not quite an out and out asshole. So was the card trick he was doing last week some sort of power experiment, or is he maybe a victim of the crazy island barrier? I'm thinking that Faraday isn't going to want to leave the island after seeing what Desmond went through.

And Desmond! If I were him, it'd take a whole lot to go and risk that again. I'm thinking he's not going back to the island, because getting off of it again could kill him, unless they find another sub.

Oh yeah, one other thing….this time displacement stuff, is this the same sickness that doomed Rousou's (Danielle) crew?
trevoramueller at 11:37AM, Feb. 29, 2008
(online)
albone
Lostpedia is very cool, and so is DarkUFO, but I generally avoid them to not be spoiled.

On to last nights episdoe. Man, I saw that there was like 3 minutes left and found myself yelling, ‘pick up the sodding phone!’ Oh man, that exchange between Penny and Desmond at the end of their phone call was beautiful. And I noticed that Penny wasn't wearing a wedding band (unless she's Serbian and wearing her ring on her right hand, which she had a few rings) so at least they don't have to worry about that.

Faraday continues to surprise, not quite an out and out asshole. So was the card trick he was doing last week some sort of power experiment, or is he maybe a victim of the crazy island barrier? I'm thinking that Faraday isn't going to want to leave the island after seeing what Desmond went through.

And Desmond! If I were him, it'd take a whole lot to go and risk that again. I'm thinking he's not going back to the island, because getting off of it again could kill him, unless they find another sub.

Oh yeah, one other thing….this time displacement stuff, is this the same sickness that doomed Rousou's (Danielle) crew?

For the card trick, if Desmond is his anchor, he may have been trying to control his jumps into the future to see what was on the cards….?

I don't completely get how these time jumps fit into the show yet, since it's only affected one character so far.
My Drunk Duck Comics:

Nominated for numerous web awards, see more news at My Website
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:33PM
TheMidge28 at 11:41AM, Feb. 29, 2008
(online)
thought after last night's episode:
Ben is someone's constant.
That's why they are looking for him.
lastcall at 3:01PM, Feb. 29, 2008
(offline)
TheMidge28
thought after last night's episode:
Ben is someone's constant.
That's why they are looking for him.

Yeah, this most recent episode was a mind trip. I feel like at least some light was shed concerning the island and the whole orientation of it, but now there are even more questions. BAAAAHHH!!!! lol!

Yeah, I remember in the special features of the Season 1 DVD, they stressed how important it was that everyone on Oceanic 815 was connected to each other in some way. Now that they are talking about “constants” and how that is the only way to stay alive with the whole time travel thing, it all kind of makes sense now. …Sort of.

…And HEY! Did anyone notice that the other guy who “tripped out” like Desmond was….drum roll please…..FIsher Stevens, also known as “The Plague”, from the 1995 movie Hackers! :)

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:27PM
KC3Tlifevirus at 7:14PM, Feb. 29, 2008
(offline)
“The Constant” was kickass. One of the greatest eps ever made on Lost to date. With that out of the way, there were several easter eggs in this episode.

The Numbers (All of them occured in this episode)
-2.342, the setting for Faraday's device for the mouse = 23 and 42
-423, Penny's address = 4 and 23
(One thing to note is that Penny's first house address also had The Numbers in it)
-4 minutes, amount of time to get ready for Desmond's military punishment = 4
-8 years, amount of years Desmond traveled back in time = 8
-31, the degrees that the pilot stayed on throughout the flight until it entered the storm and Desmond started having “side effects” = 15 + 16
(hearkens back to the 31-minute delay from Faraday's rocket-timer experiment in an earlier episode)
-#2342, the slot number of the bid item = 23 and 42

The Hanso Foundation
-The bid item in that auction scene is from a guy named Tovard Hanso.
-The item iself is from the Black Rock, the shipwrecked ship from S1 and S2.
-The winner of the bid is Penny's father.

TheMidge28
albone

I think it has to do with Claire being Jack's sister, and I think that comes out later in the show and may have something to do with him not wanting to see Aaron.

I completely doubt that. If Jack knows the Claire is his half-sister at that point, that would make Jack Aaron's Uncle, which would give him an obligation to see him. Even if Jack felt responsible for Claire apparently not being off-island with Aaron, he would still see him for his half-sister's sake.

So here's my theory: Jack is obviously pissed that everyone couldn't get off the island for whatever reason, likely because he has had this OCD “I AM LEADER” fixing-things mentality and promised everyone would get off the island under his leadership in S3, and thus blames himself for the apparent “failure” of eveyone not being able to leave. This would explain why he refuses to acknowledge himself as a hero and demands to return to the island in the S3 finale's Flashforward.

If the above is true, my best guess at why he doesn't want to see Aaron is because it would be a reminder of his “failure” on the island, and we all know Jack sucks at dealing with his own problems. Aaron thinks Kate is his mom, so Claire is probably one of the 815ers left behind on the island (whether she could be dead or alive is irrelevant for this theory). Thus, Jack would feel he abandoned Claire, not by reason that she's his half-sister (in this theory, he wouldn't know this yet), but because she's Aaron's biological mother. Jack would then think meeting the son of a mother whom the son may never meet in his future “because of Jack” would be incredibly awkward and/or shameful for him.
Interestingly, this would make his decision to not see him either more sentimental (abandoned Aaron's mom) or more personal (reminder of failure).

Hawk
Wills42
but I still hate Kate…

I figured it wasn't just me when I noticed she was making things a big pain for everyone throughout the latest episode.

Kate always makes things a big pain for people, despite any underlying justice that might arise because of it every now and then. It's Kate's legacy to mess up every plan. Heck, even her character-centric episodes always take a substantial amount of focus off of the main narrative.

last edited on July 14, 2011 1:14PM
lastcall at 5:27AM, March 1, 2008
(offline)
KC3Tlifevirus
“The Constant” was kickass. One of the greatest eps ever made on Lost to date. With that out of the way, there were several easter eggs in this episode.

The Numbers (All of them occured in this episode)
-2.342, the setting for Faraday's device for the mouse = 23 and 42
-423, Penny's address = 4 and 23
(One thing to note is that Penny's first house address also had The Numbers in it)
-4 minutes, amount of time to get ready for Desmond's military punishment = 4
-8 years, amount of years Desmond traveled back in time = 8
-31, the degrees that the pilot stayed on throughout the flight until it entered the storm and Desmond started having “side effects” = 15 + 16
(hearkens back to the 31-minute delay from Faraday's rocket-timer experiment in an earlier episode)
-#2342, the slot number of the bid item = 23 and 42

The Hanso Foundation
-The bid item in that auction scene is from a guy named Tovard Hanso.
-The item iself is from the Black Rock, the shipwrecked ship from S1 and S2.
-The winner of the bid is Penny's father.

Wow, I didn't notice that. Cool.
Allan at 12:41PM, March 2, 2008
(online)
KC3T, I think I love you.
Wills42 at 1:29PM, March 2, 2008
(online)
Just saw the new episode.

Dude.

Probably one of the BEST episodes evar. (Or at least this season)
Unfortunately, my friend was a jerk and spoiled that Mckowski (However you spell his name) would die. THough, it wasn't that big a deal.

Yeah. Great episode. 10/10.
Is it just me, or did that phone ring a lot more than most phones would? Or is it just because of something that happens in the UK? I'm not entirely sure. Where I'm at, the phone only rings like, 4 or 5 times.

There sure were a lot of ‘numbers’ at the auction, does anyone else aggree?

So Desmond is also our Time Travalin' Friend from Scotland. Who also can tell if Charlie would die or not. (Maybe desmond is emo!? (Don't ask, haven't had medicine…))

Does anyone have any screenshots of some of the pages of Crazy dudes journal? (I'm terrible with names, and with a couple of new characters on the show, it will take me a few episodes to remember them. (Faraday?)

Also, did Desmond change anything in the past when he went back in time in his last character specific episode? Or was that all just a dream, reather than ‘going back in time’ like he did in this episode?
lastcall at 2:55AM, March 3, 2008
(offline)
Wills, ya really gotta learn how to use the spoiler tag. lol!
Wills42 at 2:49PM, March 6, 2008
(online)
Maybe you should only come here AFTER you've seen the episode. :D
You seem to be the only one that complains of them.
:.
lastcall at 5:29AM, March 7, 2008
(offline)
See this? —> lol! …It means I was kidding.
TheMidge28 at 6:23AM, March 7, 2008
(online)
saw last night's episode… :O
WTF is up with Ben?!
one thing…the red folder was not in the safe when he first pulled out the video tape.
albone at 8:24AM, March 7, 2008
(online)
Dude, Ben is the Dr. Doom of Lost. Always got a trick up his sleeve and I think he uses the island's properties to his advantage.

Anyone think that Harper is Smokey? If we were to take it at face value, does that mean that Smokey and Ben are in cahoots? Are they cahooting? And the whispers!! We haven't heard them in a long while.

Could the whispering have something to do with the time traveling stuff? Like its a by-product of dropping someone in for 10 seconds and pulling them back out?

I think Daddy Widmore hosts the sailing race as a way for contestants to ‘help’ him find the island. And of course, we know that's Desmond. And I think Daddy knows that Desmond could be on the island, that's why Naomi had a picture of him with Penny. Penny's in the dark somewhere with the search. She doesn't know about the boat, but is doing her own search? And wait til Daddy hears that Desmond made a call to Penny from the boat, unless he already knows.

Lots of references to Shakespere in this one.
Hawk at 9:11AM, March 7, 2008
(online)
I think it's now pretty obvious that Ben's guy on the boat is

Vanilla Ice.

No wait, I mean

Michael.

Good episode though. I feel like we were actually given valid information this time.
fern at 7:39PM, March 7, 2008
(online)
Hawk
Michael.

But that's the most obvious answer. I'm going to go out on a limb here and say…

Boone.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved