Media Megaforum

LOST Season 4
lastcall at 4:24PM, March 27, 2008
(offline)
My husband has an interesting theory that I never thought about: Jin is still alive; probably back on the island, but the Oceanic Six can't get to all of them because the temporal displacement field around the island is so messed up since the EMP blast from the hatch in the Season 1 finale, that he and the rest of the group had to stay behind. …If you notice, the date on Jin's grave was the date that the plane crashed.

…ooOOOooo!!!
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:28PM
lastcall at 5:06AM, April 28, 2008
(offline)
So what did you guys think of the new episode? :)
Hawk at 10:26AM, April 28, 2008
(online)
I'm a bit sad. They killed off the last attractive girl on the island, and just to prove what we already know… Ben's an evil, self-preserving bastard.

Still, LOST has kept secrets from me for so long that its recent trend of giving us information is quite refreshing.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:46PM
fern at 11:53AM, April 28, 2008
(online)
lastcall

I like Ben : ) but geesh… he's just asking for more drama…

My theory: Desmond is going to kill Ben. OR, Sayid, Desmond, Ben and Penny will all be in the same room causing Ben and Penny to die…

Yes… deaths everywhere.

last edited on July 14, 2011 12:28PM
TheMidge28 at 12:01PM, April 28, 2008
(online)
fern
lastcall

My theory: Desmond is going to kill Ben. OR, Sayid, Desmond, Ben and Penny will all be in the same room causing Ben and Penny to die…

Yes… deaths everywhere.

series will conclude witha race to get Penelope to the island…
once on the island and they leave they can't die.
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
arteestx at 8:52PM, April 28, 2008
(online)
lastcall
My prediction for the series…. the Oceanic Six left the other survivors behind for some reason (ie, they're not dead), some/all of the Six manage to get back to the island, they reset time so that the crash never actually happened (although they all keep the memories of their time on the island), and Ben and Whidmore continue their game about finding/keeping the secrets of the island.

And I also think that the secrets of the island and it's disassociation with time has something to do with aliens (hence the three toed statue and Jacob) that crash landed many many years ago. That's my prediction and is probably completely wrong. :)

Oh, and I'm still loving every episode. The writing is simply top-notch.

Xolta is not intended for anyone under 18 years old.
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:02AM
SuperBiasedMan at 10:26AM, April 29, 2008
(offline)
TheMidge28
fern
lastcall

Yes… deaths everywhere.

series will conclude witha race to get Penelope to the island…
once on the island and they leave they can't die.

No, they can't die OFF the island.
or so we currently believe…
/\That may as well be at the end of every lost post.
cosBIf you've done trigonometry, like me, you smile at this.
Then realise what you've done and die a little inside.
No need to thank me for that. :D
Now read this: http://www.drunkduck.com/Super_Biased_Man/index.php?p=395506
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:04PM
Arashi_san at 12:26PM, April 29, 2008
(offline)
I've watched every season of Lost so far, though I missed some of season 3. :( I've been loving the heck out of it and was very disappointed in the prolongued hiatus and writer's strike. Also, I can't read everyone's posts because I haven't finished the series yet (I have it recorded on our dvr/tivo thing). But it is getting really good (I found the time travel concept fascinating).
shifting in the wind… is a baby.
K.A.L.A.-dan! Ronin!
also here
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:00AM
lastcall at 4:19AM, May 12, 2008
(offline)
After watching the latest episode, “Cabin Fever,” (poor Claire!) ….So Jack's Dad is NOT Jake. But he speaks for him……WAIT! What if JACK is Jake, and this ENTIRE THING is going on in Jack's head?!!??? ooOOoooo!!!
lastcall at 4:56AM, May 24, 2008
(offline)
Hey, what happened to this thread? No one's been commenting on it….and wasn't the season finale last night? :)
blntmaker at 9:57AM, May 26, 2008
(online)
We find out many things in this coming Thursday's season finale - the one thing I'm looking forward to finding out…

Who's in the casket?

Remember last year's season finale when Jack goes to the funeral of someone who had no family or friends and it really pushed him over the edge? Well, I've read we get to find out who's in the box this Thursday.

Cannot even guess - Ben? Locke? “Kevin Johnson”??? Even weirder - CLAIRE?

Side question - Is Claire alive?
last edited on July 14, 2011 11:26AM
Fenn at 12:21AM, May 27, 2008
(offline)
I'm guessing it's Michael in the casket. At some point, he'll fulfill whatever the island wants from him, and he'll be killable again. Considering that he's living under an alias already, none of his family would show up at his funeral. Also, considering how everyone on the island feels about him, I wouldn't be surprised that none of them showed up either. Not sure why Jack would be so upset though.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
lastcall at 4:14AM, May 27, 2008
(offline)
Well when is the finale? I thought it was last week. (I don't have cable; I get the new episodes from iTunes)
albone at 6:52AM, May 28, 2008
(online)
Tonight is the finale. Come on and get hip! jk lol

I have a theory that Locke is going to move the island…in time. Not 1776, but something like that and will come into play when the chopper with the O6 is looking for it and can't find it. I'm betting all that C4 on the freighter is going to go BOOM. Sun and Aaron will be on the lifeboat getting picked up. I figure Michael and Desmond get off of it safely, and Michael will be the guy in the coffin. Desomnd and Sayid will eventually square off as Sayid will be sent by Ben to kill Penny.

I have no idea how the O6 will get rescued. I have no idea who's idea for the cover story it is, the O6 or Widmore's reps. No idea how Ben gets away from the psycho that killed his kid, but Ben's tricky. I'm hoping that Ben gets his ass whupped yet again though.

What do you think of those theories?
You are part of the rebel alliance and a traitor!
last edited on July 14, 2011 10:48AM
lastcall at 4:04AM, May 29, 2008
(offline)
I'm trying not to create any “theories” because every time I think I'm on the right track, I'm not. Heh.

I'm still trying to figure out Richard, Ben's assistant (the guy who went to Locke's house when he was a kid and gave him that “test” to see if he was worthy of the island). …I think he is some kind of immortal. I think he was one of the pirates/sailors from the Black Rock ship that's marooned on the island. ….Maybe he's a ghost, like Jacob. Not sure.
Hawk at 8:38AM, May 30, 2008
(online)
Man oh man…. I think that anyone who initially liked Lost but stopped watching it has cheated themselves out of the show's return to goodness. The season finale was great.
TheMidge28 at 10:26AM, May 30, 2008
(online)
Hawk
Man oh man…. I think that anyone who initially liked Lost but stopped watching it has cheated themselves out of the show's return to goodness. The season finale was great.
seriously!
two words:
Jeremy Bentham
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:25PM
Fenn at 11:59AM, May 30, 2008
(offline)
Well there go some of my theories. lol!

I was like… Jeremy Bentham? Who the #&@% is Jeremy Bentham? I thought I'd forgotten a character.

The mysterious machinery in The Orchid station reinforces my theory that maybe the reason Richard seems ageless is because he's a time traveler, though.

I agree with Hawk. My socks have been rocked.
last edited on July 14, 2011 12:26PM
lastcall at 6:37PM, May 30, 2008
(offline)
Fenn
Well there go some of my theories. lol!

I was like… Jeremy Bentham? Who the #&@% is Jeremy Bentham? I thought I'd forgotten a character.

The mysterious machinery in The Orchid station reinforces my theory that maybe the reason Richard seems ageless is because he's a time traveler, though.

I agree with Hawk. My socks have been rocked.

Yeah I was like “Who the heck is Jeremy Bentham?” the whole time and then when we see who it is, I was like “WHOAH!” ….Very, very good finale. :)

Now the real question is: How did Jeremy Bentham die?

…And I felt really, really bad for Sun. Poor Jin did actually try to get on the ‘copter… /cry

…And hey, now we know how the Black Rock ship got on the island….it was on the water and POP, the island landed right on top of it. …I’m thinkin' the island is some sort of time traveling alien sort of vessel, and Jacob is the alien. Because those symbols on the pillar in the “frozen” room where Ben turns the wheel looked really weird to me–almost alien-like.
Wills42 at 11:41AM, June 8, 2008
(online)
Was it just me, or when Sun started screaming, did anyone else have an immediate thought of the last family guy episode where Joe started crying and then peter makes it his ringtone… Maybe Im just messed up.

But anyways. great season finale, too bad we have to wait a year to see more episodes (unless ABC gets smart and decides to bring it back during the fall, at an EARLIER time, thank you very much! I hate having wait to watch the show online. Its on at ten, ends at eleven, and so many thoughts are runningbthrough my head that i don't fall asleep until around oneish, and then I wake up at 5 in the morning to get ready for school. (or at least, that's how it went, until I found out the episodes were online.)

Also, some things were easy to predict. Like who was in the casket (Well, 2 minutes before they showed the casket, and also that they would all have to you-know-what. My question is, how is the show going to work now? Will we still have flash forwards, or flashbacks? Eh?
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
Insizwa at 3:37PM, June 10, 2008
(offline)
Damn, I wish I saw this thread here sooner. I'm a huge Lost fan and actually met the guy who played Keamy (Kevin Durand) before his Lost exploits.

Wills42
My question is, how is the show going to work now? Will we still have flash forwards, or flashbacks? Eh?

I think the present is basically gonna be the Oceanic six trying to find/get to the island, and Sawyer, Juliet & the others running around the island doing stuff. However usually when doing flashback/flash-forwards it's with the same character per episode, so I'm wondering how they're gonna get to have island flashbacks with episodes featuring the Oceanic 6, who are off the island. So I think that Oceanic six characters will have flash-forwards for when they get on the island, while other characters (Juliet & Sawyer)will have flashbacks for when bad things started happening on the island (Mentioned by Jack in the season finale, at the funeral home). I also think that there will be more Whitman & Freighter people flashbacks to find out their connection to the island.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM
lastcall at 5:02PM, June 10, 2008
(offline)
OK, my husband looked up Jeremy Bentham in Wikipedia, and it turns out he was a real guy.

Whoah.

…Only, when he died, he was preserved in a parculiar manner:

As requested in his will, his body was preserved and stored in a wooden cabinet, termed his “Auto-icon”. Originally kept by his disciple Dr. Southwood Smith, it was acquired by University College London in 1850. The Auto-icon is kept on public display at the end of the South Cloisters in the main building of the College. For the 100th and 150th anniversaries of the college, the Auto-icon was brought to the meeting of the College Council, where he was listed as “present but not voting”. Tradition holds that if the council's vote on any motion is tied, the auto-icon always breaks the tie by voting in favour of the motion.

The Auto-icon has always had a wax head, as Bentham's head was badly damaged in the preservation process. The real head was displayed in the same case for many years, but became the target of repeated student pranks including being stolen on more than one occasion. It is now locked away securely.

…Makes me wonder if the writers of Lost used the name “Jeremy Bentham” on purpose….

Hawk at 7:14PM, June 10, 2008
(online)
I wonder if Jin is still alive. It would make quite the “surprise” moment to reveal that he is alive but living with the other people who got off the boat in time. Sun could even know about it and be keeping it a secret for whatever reason they decide. At least that's what I hope.

lastcall
…Makes me wonder if the writers of Lost used the name “Jeremy Bentham” on purpose….

Wow, that was strange and interesting. I'm sure the writers did choose the name for a reason. John Locke is the name of a philosopher, and not the first character named in that way (I think Benjamin Linus is also a philosopher).
Wills42 at 2:53AM, June 11, 2008
(online)
Or it could be a coincidence (the guy from Cloverfield, Robert Hawkens, has the same name as a killer who I believe died (don't ask how I know such things) or yeah… This is LOST, of course its intentional (John Locke was the name of a Philosopher from I believe the 16th century… 16! OMG! One of the numbers!)
last edited on July 14, 2011 4:50PM
Insizwa at 7:34AM, June 11, 2008
(offline)
There's also Daniel Rousseau the French chick (named after a philosopher who rivaled John Locke), & Faraday the name of a famous mathematician.
last edited on July 14, 2011 1:01PM

Forgot Password
©2011 WOWIO, Inc. All Rights Reserved